Week 9: South Point at Chesapeake

robycop3
All State

Week 9: South Point at Chesapeake

Post by robycop3 »

I have heard that there was some turmoil on the Pointer team, and several players have left it. That aside, I know they're a young team that has been a doormat all year, except for Green Twp.

On paper, things don't look too promising for the Pointers, their having been walloped by Rock Hill, their only win coming against Green Township.

A glimmer of hope for South Point-the game is at Peake. Both teams seem to do better on the other's home field. However, I see Peake winning easily and big, with 2nd and 3rd-string players getting significant game minutes.

Let it be noted that SP's Jr. High team busted Peake 47-0. Correct me if I'm wrong, but SP's closest game, I believe, was with Wheelersburg, whom they defeated by 18 points. (Don't remember the score.) Wonder if that'll carry over 2-3 years from now?

YOUR comments on this upcoming game?

Jesco White
S

Re: Week 9: South Point at Chesapeake

Post by Jesco White »

Peake by a bunch. I like this Peake team. They know how to compete on every play and they can put up some numbers. As already stated, the Pointers are very young and very down this year. I really just don't see them having much for the Panthers.

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

Really you are comparing the Jr high and High school teams...... Peake only has 18 kids on Jr high and only 4 7th graders.... and several not playing do to coaching issues.... High school will eat South Point alive on Friday... Just like they did Fairland...

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

sftblfrk wrote:Really you are comparing the Jr high and High school teams...... Peake only has 18 kids on Jr high and only 4 7th graders.... and several not playing do to coaching issues.... High school will eat South Point alive on Friday... Just like they did Fairland...

OF COURSE I'm not comparing them...just trying to put in a positive word for South Point, whose football fans haven't had a lot to cheer about this season. Even though I'm a Peaker, I try to say something good about every area team.

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

It is sad the season s. point has had... its also just as sad the season that peakes Jr High has had ... just saying....

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

SP is down and getting further down every week due to injuries and now with a couple kids ineligible due to grades. I think I heard we had 16 @ practice yesterday. We start about 6-7 freshmen. Kids are even playing that didn't start On JV in the beginning of the season. You just can't compete with boys who are playing against men! lol

and about the Middle School team...they were undefeated and gave up only one TD to an OVC school that was CG. We didn't play the Burg. Our closest game was with CG.18-8. Hopefully these kids stay together and when the freshmen now get to be seniors we should win a lot more games! We ended the middle school season with 18 boys 10 8th graders and 7 7th graders.

The middle school did score 47 on the Peake we also tried to keep the score down by having our kicker kick extra points instead of going for 2. He had previously only tried 2 kicks all season. Hopefully the varsity gets the same treatment. lol

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Peake 42 South Point 0 at the half

Return to “Football”