Wheelersburg 24 West 14

Buckeye24
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg 9-0 @ Portsmouth West 3-6

Post by Buckeye24 »

Burg won 24-14. West outscored Burg 14-10 after the first quarter, but they didn't show up to play the first 12 minutes. Great game to watch.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Buckeye24 wrote:Burg won 24-14. West outscored Burg 14-10 after the first quarter, but they didn't show up to play the first 12 minutes. Great game to watch.
West played hard good physical game and game was played with good sportsmanship. Burg had to earn every yard. West had some nice athletes.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Good game. Proud of the West guys for hanging in there. Just like the Waverly game, it seemed to take a quarter before they started believing they can play. This is something to build on.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Sounds like a great game. West has to feel good about next year. Good Luck to Burg in the playoffs.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Mad-Dogg wrote:This game could very easily get ugly quick. I see a 2nd half runnin clock and a lot of playin time for the 2nd and 3rd string
2 for 2 on predictions. Remind me never to ask you lottery advice.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:This game could very easily get ugly quick. I see a 2nd half runnin clock and a lot of playin time for the 2nd and 3rd string
2 for 2 on predictions. Remind me never to ask you lottery advice.
hey i never said i had a crystal ball to do predictions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

mad-dogg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

If the seedings play out the way joe eitel them then we have liberty union next sat

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Wheelersburg 24 West 14

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
CFB1
Riding the Bench

Re: mad-dogg

Post by CFB1 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:If the seedings play out the way joe eitel them then we have liberty union next sat
Liberty Union just passed Ridgewood for #7 spot and no way Ridgewood can jump above them again so Ridgewood will be coming to Burg next Sat.

vladimir
S

Re: Wheelersburg 24 West 14

Post by vladimir »

Ridgewood at Wheelersburg should be a worth seeing.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
scott1297
All Conference

Re: mad-dogg

Post by scott1297 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:If the seedings play out the way joe eitel them then we have liberty union next sat
West Lafayette Ridgewood next week maddog joe eitel predicted that we would be playing them i think it was like 49 percent chance and Ridgewood has to travel 173 miles to play us thats a heck of a bus ride

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

West played hard tonight but Burg always found a way to kill drives either penalties or the 2 turnovers but props to west they had a good defense Go Burg 3 SOC championships in a row and a 25 game regular season winning streak gold ball #31

Burg grad 85
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

scott1297 wrote:West played hard tonight but Burg always found a way to kill drives either penalties or the 2 turnovers but props to west they had a good defense Go Burg 3 SOC championships in a row and a 25 game regular season winning streak gold ball #31
Sounds like Waverly and Wheelersburg responses after the Waverly game a couple weeks ago. They said West played well, but Waverly played down to West's level, not West played up. That isn't true. West is a solid team when they play determined as they did last night.

Loved the offensive scheme changes. More spread going forward with some read option mixed in may be the way to go. Kids love to play the style and it's fun to watch so it peaks kids/fans interest.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote:
scott1297 wrote:West played hard tonight but Burg always found a way to kill drives either penalties or the 2 turnovers but props to west they had a good defense Go Burg 3 SOC championships in a row and a 25 game regular season winning streak gold ball #31
Sounds like Waverly and Wheelersburg responses after the Waverly game a couple weeks ago. They said West played well, but Waverly played down to West's level, not West played up. That isn't true. West is a solid team when they play determined as they did last night.

Loved the offensive scheme changes. More spread going forward with some read option mixed in may be the way to go. Kids love to play the style and it's fun to watch so it peaks kids/fans interest.
I agree Burg played a good west team, right behind Jackson and Waverly IMO. Burg did hurt themselves on some drives and west made it hard on burg. I think burg was fantastic against west in the run game but got surprised by the passing. West QB was throwing a nice ball and #6 was a good target. Big and athletic. Burg ended up with around 320 yards rushing but those were some tough yards to get.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Well played game, nice to see a lot of class and sportsmanship. Good luck to Burg moving forward in the playoffs and another SOC II crown. West has plenty to build and work on in the off season.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

My guess, West is going to be the team to beat next year.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

vladimir wrote:My guess, West is going to be the team to beat next year.
Not so fast my friend. BURG is young this year. They will return quite a bit.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Congrats burg!

I was able to listen a bit online & it was a very interesting game!
West does sound like they will be a threat for the SOC crown next year along with burg!
Good luck burg in post season. Stay healthy, move on & advance, & keeping SE Ohio in the ears of those from around the state!!!

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Good season Burg. Unfortunately I don't see a deep run in the playoffs.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

vladimir wrote:My guess, West is going to be the team to beat next year.
If the players work hard in the offseason, next year could be a special year.

Shout out to the senior class. Wasn't alot of them, but they were great kids and embassidors for the program.

Return to “Football”