Thee NELSONVILLE-YORK BUCKEYES are TVC Champs!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Thee NELSONVILLE-YORK BUCKEYES are TVC Champs!

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:Congrats to Rusty and the Buckeyes. Enjoy your free pizza compliments of the industrial arts teacher - by way of 93Bulldog. lol

And please keep the Doc Kroner trophy cleaned & shined all winter - we want it lookin good when you drop it back off next fall. ;)

Good luck Saturday - we'll be pulling for ya!!!

Go Bucks - go 'Cats
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Im sure they will savor every bite of that Pizza amd we decided we'd like to hang on to that trophy for a while. :D

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Orange and Brown wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Congrats to Rusty and the Buckeyes. Enjoy your free pizza compliments of the industrial arts teacher - by way of 93Bulldog. lol

And please keep the Doc Kroner trophy cleaned & shined all winter - we want it lookin good when you drop it back off next fall. ;)

Go Bucks - go 'Cats
Im sure they will savor every bite of that Pizza amd we decided we'd like to hang on to that trophy for a while. :D
There were only a few seniors on that field for Athens last night, O & B. Four offensive lineman & Sano. Not only that, sophomore Logan Maxfield wasn't dressed and junior Albin was sick as a dog. They will be wanting that trophy back next year. But, it belongs to the Buckeyes for the next 364 days - and it was well deserved & earned on the field.

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

corso go watch your favorite team next week if they are still playing

Chalito
Riding the Bench

Post by Chalito »

Huge candidate for Come-Back team of the year in the state of Ohio.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

93Bulldog wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:

Go Bucks - go 'Cats
There were only a few seniors on that field for Athens last night, O & B. Four offensive lineman & Sano. Not only that, sophomore Logan Maxfield wasn't dressed and junior Albin was sick as a dog. They will be wanting that trophy back next year. But, it belongs to the Buckeyes for the next 364 days - and it was well deserved & earned on the field.
Next year should be another good one. :mrgreen:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Corso wrote:
enigmaax wrote:
Corso wrote: So funny ! I said at beginning of season would be 8-2 can go on here and find that post ! The progression through the season ? Lol. Playing bad teams make it look like progression. Athens was good right ? Lol. Mark my words we will lose to ironton. Which is the next "decent" team we play.
The TVC was awful this year so don't act like this was a amazing feat. So I'm still asking who have we beaten that was good ?
NY has the 10th highest rating in the state in D-V. They have a higher rating than three 9-win teams and are the highest rated of any 8-win teams in the state in their division. So, they may not have beaten anyone good enough for your tastes, but by the only formula that really matters, they've beaten better teams than anyone who accomplished the same number of wins.

I don't understand downplaying one of the biggest turnarounds in the state (strictly by number of wins, it is THE biggest turnaround)?
Oh boi lol, so tell me numbers me everything, beaten better teams with same number of wins. Lol. Great! You guys are something. We're back to the top of the mountain your right lol.
Well, um, yeah, numbers are factual. You are just spewing nonsense with nothing to back it up. I'm not an N-Y fan, I'm just trying to understand your perspective. By your own admission, you expected them to go 8-2. So they did what they were supposed to do even in your mind, but that isn't good enough? What does it take to impress you - or, since there was apparently no one "good" on the schedule, was impressing you an impossibility from the start?

As for the "top of the mountain," they won their league. That is something that the other 6 teams in the league didn't do. Regardless of the competition, that's what they were playing for and they won it. If that isn't an accomplishment worthy of pride, what would you want them to do? Change leagues every season to try and find one that is going to be better than "awful" that particular year? What is your real problem here?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Corso wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Congratulations to Coach Rusty Richards and Thee Nelsonville-York Buckeyes on winning the tvc-Ohio!

People laughed when we said NY was capable of winning the TVC this year. After week 3 people were calling for Coach Richards job, after hearing week after week we havent beaten anyone good. The Buckeyes dominated The Plains on Senior night!!!

Our kids have went through a lot the last few years but they just kept working hard and they put it all together tonight.
CONGRATULATIONS BUCKEYES YOU HAVE CLIMBED BACK TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN!
So funny ! I said at beginning of season would be 8-2 can go on here and find that post ! The progression through the season ? Lol. Playing bad teams make it look like progression. Athens was good right ? Lol. Mark my words we will lose to ironton. Which is the next "decent" team we play.
The TVC was awful this year so don't act like this was a amazing feat. So I'm still asking who have we beaten that was good ?
It will most likely be Zane Trace we play afrer todays games are done but thanks for playing.............
Im sure you cant wait to get on hear whenever we do lose so you can pound your chest, but if it makes you feel better..........

What games are left today that will change Zane trace or ironton's position of # 6 in the region???

I'm going to come into town from orlando for a weeks vacation on Tuesday & I woukd much rather go to NY than anywhere to watch a game.
Great facility.
Great football history!
Extremely knowledgeable fans that have tremendous respect for this incredible HS sport!
First class all the way!
Sounds like NY is in the same boat with injuries as IHS will limp in without their best running backs & key lineman went out last night as well, but many frosh & sophomores stepping up in the past couple weeks.

Would be great to know what games we are waiting for that can change the positions within the region!!!

Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

enigmaax wrote:
Corso wrote:
enigmaax wrote: NY has the 10th highest rating in the state in D-V. They have a higher rating than three 9-win teams and are the highest rated of any 8-win teams in the state in their division. So, they may not have beaten anyone good enough for your tastes, but by the only formula that really matters, they've beaten better teams than anyone who accomplished the same number of wins.

I don't understand downplaying one of the biggest turnarounds in the state (strictly by number of wins, it is THE biggest turnaround)?
Oh boi lol, so tell me numbers me everything, beaten better teams with same number of wins. Lol. Great! You guys are something. We're back to the top of the mountain your right lol.
Well, um, yeah, numbers are factual. You are just spewing nonsense with nothing to back it up. I'm not an N-Y fan, I'm just trying to understand your perspective. By your own admission, you expected them to go 8-2. So they did what they were supposed to do even in your mind, but that isn't good enough? What does it take to impress you - or, since there was apparently no one "good" on the schedule, was impressing you an impossibility from the start?

As for the "top of the mountain," they won their league. That is something that the other 6 teams in the league didn't do. Regardless of the competition, that's what they were playing for and they won it. If that isn't an accomplishment worthy of pride, what would you want them to do? Change leagues every season to try and find one that is going to be better than "awful" that particular year? What is your real problem here?
Yea beat a team that were not suppose to. That would impress me ! Like I said 8-2 before the season even started because I knew we would lose those games. We've beaten average to below average teams this year but some get on here and act like we're world beaters. That's the issue, ya know revenge tour lol. Fear the 3, plz. They did what they were suppose to.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
What games are left today that will change Zane trace or ironton's position of # 6 in the region???

Would be great to know what games we are waiting for that can change the positions within the region!!!
Looks like if Zanesville Rosecrans (D-VII, 6-3) beats Conotton Valley (D-VII, 3-6) as expected, Coshocton will jump N-Y into 3rd place, moving N-Y down to #4 to take on #5 Zane Trace in the 1st round. If ZR loses, it would remain N-Y at #3 with a first round matchup vs. #6 Ironton.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Bishop Rosecrans plays Connotan Valley and Rosecrans should handle them pretty easily.
That will jump Coshocton over NY

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

Congrats NY. I can't stand you guys but I respect you as a team. it was great to see that turn around this year. I'll be supporting through out the playoffs!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Corso wrote: Yea beat a team that were not suppose to. That would impress me ! Like I said 8-2 before the season even started because I knew we would lose those games. We've beaten average to below average teams this year but some get on here and act like we're world beaters. That's the issue, ya know revenge tour lol. Fear the 3, plz. They did what they were suppose to.
So, after reading some of your previous posts, I get you. You weren't happy about the coaching selection to begin with so nothing they'd have realistically done this season would be worthy. And note, I said realistically because you said yourself this season that they aren't very good and it wasn't realistic to expect them to beat the teams that they didn't beat. Congratulations for calling that they had the talent to win 8 games, though you trashed the coaches the whole way. Good coaches maximize their talent, considering you thought they were good enough to win 8 games, they maximized their talents - they didn't OVERachieve by your standards, but they clearly didn't UNDERachieve either. But your issue is something with the coaches and it is personal, so you just keep on doing you.

I agree that the league was down; I don't think that is a secret. But N-Y didn't suddenly gain all this talent, right? They went from not winning a league game to winning every league game so something somewhere was greatly improved. What was the variable? Is your suggestion that they get a new coaching staff because this one wasn't able to beat teams who were already more talented?

I didn't see anyone saying they are "world beaters", I've just seen people enjoying the success of some kids...success they hadn't had in a while. That's a terrible thing?

Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

enigmaax wrote:
Corso wrote: Yea beat a team that were not suppose to. That would impress me ! Like I said 8-2 before the season even started because I knew we would lose those games. We've beaten average to below average teams this year but some get on here and act like we're world beaters. That's the issue, ya know revenge tour lol. Fear the 3, plz. They did what they were suppose to.
So, after reading some of your previous posts, I get you. You weren't happy about the coaching selection to begin with so nothing they'd have realistically done this season would be worthy. And note, I said realistically because you said yourself this season that they aren't very good and it wasn't realistic to expect them to beat the teams that they didn't beat. Congratulations for calling that they had the talent to win 8 games, though you trashed the coaches the whole way. Good coaches maximize their talent, considering you thought they were good enough to win 8 games, they maximized their talents - they didn't OVERachieve by your standards, but they clearly didn't UNDERachieve either. But your issue is something with the coaches and it is personal, so you just keep on doing you.

I agree that the league was down; I don't think that is a secret. But N-Y didn't suddenly gain all this talent, right? They went from not winning a league game to winning every league game so something somewhere was greatly improved. What was the variable? Is your suggestion that they get a new coaching staff because this one wasn't able to beat teams who were already more talented?

I didn't see anyone saying they are "world beaters", I've just seen people enjoying the success of some kids...success they hadn't had in a while. That's a terrible thing?
i would say another year of a kids maturation makes a difference going from a junior to a senior is a big part of the turnaround. Along with a down league. Tell me the big difference from coach Boston to coach Richards , they running a whole different scheme ? Lol. I mean other than the fighting in front of kids. I mean you could of won a league title this year with this NY team compared to the rest of TVC. FACT

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Corso wrote:
enigmaax wrote:

i would say another year of a kids maturation makes a difference going from a junior to a senior is a big part of the turnaround. Along with a down league. Tell me the big difference from coach Boston to coach Richards , they running a whole different scheme ? Lol. I mean other than the fighting in front of kids. I mean you could of won a league title this year with this NY team compared to the rest of TVC. FACT
I seriously doubt that you could coach your way out of a wet paper bag..... Go root for Trimble

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Corso wrote:
enigmaax wrote: So, after reading some of your previous posts, I get you. You weren't happy about the coaching selection to begin with so nothing they'd have realistically done this season would be worthy. And note, I said realistically because you said yourself this season that they aren't very good and it wasn't realistic to expect them to beat the teams that they didn't beat. Congratulations for calling that they had the talent to win 8 games, though you trashed the coaches the whole way. Good coaches maximize their talent, considering you thought they were good enough to win 8 games, they maximized their talents - they didn't OVERachieve by your standards, but they clearly didn't UNDERachieve either. But your issue is something with the coaches and it is personal, so you just keep on doing you.

I seriously doubt that you could coach your way out of a wet paper bag..... Go root for Trimble
Go root for Trimble ? U had to get a Trimble coach to win again. Lol.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

:roll: Oh my! You really burnt me didnt you? :roll:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

Orange and Brown wrote::roll: Oh my! You really burnt me didnt you? :roll:
Yea, kind of did.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Go troll another team.......

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Corso wrote:
enigmaax wrote:
Hunter said in the paper that Rusty brings positive energy! The kids want to win - they are having fun. Remember this is a game. Not life and death.
But the league was down this year. Athens and Trimble were their best wins. The only other decent teams they played. They lost to.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

its time to move on now and give these young men a little respect for what they have done even if you don't agree forget your ego

Return to “Football”