7th Annual LoganLocos All-SEOAL Team

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Re: 7th Annual LoganLocos All-SEOAL Team

Post by grizzlynatural »

The 3 yard slant that Mays took to the barn 40+ yards didnt impress you?

Those two games were not a very fair evaluation. Both being rain games, and one being against one of the best D-lines in the state. It doesnt matter how good a receiver is if the QB cant get the ball to him then he cant do anything.

Had Logan played Portsmouth this year Mays would have had 3 TD's against them. Mays was the best receiver in the league. Good thing hes only a junior, you'll be able to catch the 2nd episode of the Angle and Mays show against Chillicothe.

GreasyRidgeGuru
Waterboy

Post by GreasyRidgeGuru »

grizzlynatural wrote:The 3 yard slant that Mays took to the barn 40+ yards didnt impress you?

Those two games were not a very fair evaluation. Both being rain games, and one being against one of the best D-lines in the state. It doesnt matter how good a receiver is if the QB cant get the ball to him then he cant do anything.

Had Logan played Portsmouth this year Mays would have had 3 TD's against them. Mays was the best receiver in the league. Good thing hes only a junior, you'll be able to catch the 2nd episode of the Angle and Mays show against Chillicothe.

Thats why I mentioned the games I saw. They weren't good games to evaluate. Im not a Chilli fan, I just thought those boys were better, plus they're Sr's. Mason still has another year. I guess, thinking back, he did worse on the defensive side, especially against Louisville. Maybe it's b/c of SMiths DI frame and Grows size, that makes them stick out in my mind.I wonder what their numbers were. Army/Buckeye CAv, gimme some stats.lol Dont get me wrong, he's deserving of the honor.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Well too bad thats all you got to see becuase he ate everybody up this year. The kid is an ATHLETE. I cant count how many TD's he had this year where he had to out jump someone in the endzone and it seemed to me that he was a good 93 inches in the air lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Maybe 90--lol

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

[quote="GreasyRidgeGuru]
Thats why I mentioned the games I saw. They weren't good games to evaluate. Im not a Chilli fan, I just thought those boys were better, plus they're Sr's. Mason still has another year. I guess, thinking back, he did worse on the defensive side, especially against Louisville. Maybe it's b/c of SMiths DI frame and Grows size, that makes them stick out in my mind.I wonder what their numbers were. Army/Buckeye CAv, gimme some stats.lol Dont get me wrong, he's deserving of the honor.[/quote]

Ron Smith: 26 catches, 532 yards, 5 TDs
Alex Grow: 19 catches, 192 yards, 0 TDs

Mason Mays: 57 catches, 852 yards, 13 TDs

Mays had 12 more catches than the Chilli duo combined, more receiving yards than the other two combined, and almost three times as many touchdowns. And it's not like Chilli didn't have a great quarterback, Caleb Knights had an outstanding career at CHS.

Return to “Football”