New foorball coach at South Point?

blue53
All State

Re: New foorball coach at South Point?

Post by blue53 »

I would think that at this time the kids, coach could use 100% of the communities support.
The kids don't need to hear that they are not going to be any good but need to hear that they can succeed. The coach could use the same support as well. You won't know what kind of success your going to have with a coach until a few years down the road. Give these kids and coach a chance.
It's not the pro's but look at Bill Belichick at the cleveland browns, little success and people said he sucked. got to a different team, different chance and is arguably one of the best all time.
But to have kids come on here and read all this, they won't succeed.
I'd be upset about it also, but talk about it to your buddies with kids not around.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree with you,
But when you have a Board memeber not telling the truth about there was not a teaching job and they were just going creating a job is wrong. Knowing there would be one in the fall, when a person retires, is just wrong this person was not thinking what is best for the kids or SP. Coach Triplett is the coach that SP wanted and should be getting. I would goes as far that there should be someone contact this coach that SP hired and let him know what is going on. Starting off your first head Coaching Job as a result someone not telling truth is not a good start.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Can you say "incompetence"?? I have been out of town and just heard this one,blows my mind. This is great news for Peake as well as all of Lawrence County! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Was Marcello coaching H.S. last season somewhere?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

UMP wrote:Was Marcello coaching H.S. last season somewhere?
Yes he was an offensive coach in Kentucky with no head coaching experince. I would think if you were going to get a Coach you would want one of two things Head Coaching experince or a Teacher with Coaching experince. Marcello has neither of them.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

this sounds just like the stuff that went on in vinton co. the boe didnt hire the right AD and the one who voted no was voted out this past november. you guys will have a long year ahead of you, vinton co is going thru it right now and had familys leave and good teachers go to other schools.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Heard this guy's record was 2-8 last yr and he is a grad of the Point?. 48 yr old and never been a head coach. Not a teacher, which is critical with the program in the dirt. But he wants an "office" in the school.? If no one else applied Iguess I can see giving him a chance. :oops: That makes Triplett overqualified for the job, along with one or two other candidates that applied.Good Luck South Point.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

That would be the first thing I would need an office in the school!!!lLOL How about finding yourself a Coaching Staff.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

urban buck wrote:Heard this guy's record was 2-8 last yr and he is a grad of the Point?. 48 yr old and never been a head coach. Not a teacher, which is critical with the program in the dirt. But he wants an "office" in the school.? If no one else applied Iguess I can see giving him a chance. :oops: That makes Triplett overqualified for the job, along with one or two other candidates that applied.Good Luck South Point.
Please don't tell me we did not even take the second candidate SP went after, our kids got the fourth candidate. I heard enough we need a recall and turn this joke around. Does anyone out here know how to have a recall on a vote and get the Coach the kids needed Coach Triplett!

PS If I was on the BOE I would make sure that I would have checked on his Coaching background before I voted. Not that he has done anything wrong but we need assure you are getting what you voted on.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

My suggestion would be to call the SP superintendent himself, ask him how to go about getting a new vote. I'm sure you would have to first have a petition with lot's of registered voters in the district on it or something comparable though. I still think if the people of SP feel this strongly, they should stick together and show up at the next board meeting in a LARGE group! One or two voices complaining is'nt much, but several can be heard a long way. I am sure they do not want to loose funding by risking loosing students!!, and just call CG, they found out the hard way! JMO :122245

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

The tradition of losing continues !

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I dont know who the new Coach is but good luck to him and may he have success. But Tripplett was not and let me repeat NOT your your best person for the job. You blew it but not for the reasons that you think.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are crackin me up general. :oops: :122249 :-D

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Why do you think all of the kids at sp quit this past year? Because all of their piece of crap parents get on here and talk bad about a coach that hasnt had a chance yet. Yes i agree that this situation is strange, but the longer you try to drag it on and try to change it the longer the kids wont be in the weightroom preparing for next year. Get a life. Look at the successful programs around here, and then look how supportive their communities are. How supportive is sp community? Its not. Its horrible. Its time for ppl to stop complaining. Quit your crying and send your kid to the weightroom and dont let him quit. Hmmm? Maybe they will end up a better person than you

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

The General wrote:I dont know who the new Coach is but good luck to him and may he have success. But Tripplett was not and let me repeat NOT your your best person for the job. You blew it but not for the reasons that you think.
Opinions vary and you know what they say about opinions, I find it extremely suspious that so far....you are the ONLY one with this opinion :lol:

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Was this Coach interviewed for the job? I have heard he was not part of the interview process.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

The General wrote:I dont know who the new Coach is but good luck to him and may he have success. But Tripplett was not and let me repeat NOT your your best person for the job. You blew it but not for the reasons that you think.

:aaaaa17 HAHAHAHA.....smoke ya another one!!!

Sider_PC
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider_PC »

Kind of dumb not hiring Coach T. The football program will is already crippled and they had an opportunity to change that and did not. :aaaaa27

Triplett would be a good fit anywhere and I think that he could probably win about anywhere he went. Politics sound bad at SP and that should probably be the first thing fixed, so that the entire student body can benefit in academics and extra curricular activities.
Best of luck to the now coach!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I work with a Guy that has a son at south point. From the stories I've heard, coach should be thankful he didn't get the job.

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Marcello is a great character guy who was one of the best players in the state when he played. He is not new to coaching and will do a good job. He knows his football. You made the right choice.

Return to “Football”