New foorball coach at South Point?

osu 77
All State

Re: New foorball coach at South Point?

Post by osu 77 »

farmer wrote:
game day wrote:By the way I guess the BOE wants us to think that Kentucky football is in the same league as OHIO. We wanted a Head Coach not someone that has never been a Head Coach at the high school level.
Well game day you said in the last line, "Head Coach at the high school level." So my response as him being the head freshman coach made your statement incorrect.
There you go again putting down the coach based on you being able to see into the future. You are downing the new coach without even knowing what he is going to do. If you really want to be upset at the BOE maybe you should be upset with all the money they spent on negotiations by using Cross Management. The thousands of dollars being given to them instead of the BOE doing the negotiating themselves. Which was in the Tribune today.
What is he going to do? You tell me how many Coaches with this type of experince would even get a job like this one and know what to do? Only in the Southern Tip of Ohio, thanks South Point for putting Lawerence County on the map.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Hey, EVERY coach has to start somewhere, some time. years ago, Lutz and Lucas coached their first HS game, before anyone outside their families, friends, and players knew who they were. Who knows how good a coach Marcello may be on down the road?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Well Coach Triplett had only 2 years as an assistant coach before getting the head coaching job at SV. Back when he could only have 2 assistant coaches and one of those quit to take a different teaching job 1 week after practice started. Just as Misteroby said every coach has to start somewhere. One thing is Coach M wants to be at South Point so that should mean something.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Here is a question to everyone. How much head coaching expierence did Clark have to get the Peake job? Sometimes the unknown may work for you and not against you.

Gallipolis Blue Devil
Riding the Bench

Post by Gallipolis Blue Devil »

At least he had great deal of coaching experience on Friday night. SP Coach has never been on the field in a Varsity game making calls in any capacity. Also the bigger question I have why would the BOE go against the committee they put in place to find SP a Head Coach. Keep in mind this new Coach at SP only got the job by 3 – 2 vote tells me that he does not have the support of the administration or the BOE. Since I am Teacher and have been a Varsity Coach this selection is slap in the face to all of us Teachers and Coaches that work so hard to get the opportunity for these position. There is no place for politics when kids are involved.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

2trap_4ever wrote:Here is a question to everyone. How much head coaching expierence did Clark have to get the Peake job? Sometimes the unknown may work for you and not against you.
The Peak Coach had a very talented team coming back had the support of the BOE, the administration and still did not win the league. That is part of why I cannot support SP new coach and BOE. Everyone should be at the BOE Monday Feb 13th to let the BOE know how they feel. I know the administration or the Teachers in SP will have no comment because the BOE would fire them. If they can do this I would not put nothing pass them!

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

SP BOE meeting tonight. Will be interesting to see how many people are really upset about all this. I dont see what complaining will do now. I dont think Tripplet would reconsider now he's been pooped on.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree some what but the BOE needs to know. The Teachers and the Adminstration will not speak up but the people of SP should. If not then the poeple of SP will continue to get it in the butt.

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

Well.........how did the meeting go?

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

Anybody heard anything about the board mtg at SP tonight? No expectations, just curious for the parents and students?

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Not one person addressed the board or even tried to address them. It was the same people that you see at every meeting. Some staff, some teachers, all administration and a handful of parents and citizens were in the crowd. I'd say 25 or so.So all you guys on here who aren't even from SP can drop it! I guess it wasn't vital to their life as to who the football coach is!

BTW The kids are all in the weight room and seem to like the new coach and his assistants. So let it rest! I am excited for football season!

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I say GOOD it needed dropped weeks ago. Who in their right mind would care? No one is gonna go against the new Coach an alumni and he is already working with the kids. :122248

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Talk to me week 9 of the football season and then lets discuss the out come.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

This topic should be closed. If the voters in SP don't like the actions of the BOE, simply vote them out. Get behind the new coach and the kids and quit acting like a bunch of snivleing twits.

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

unclebob wrote:Not one person addressed the board or even tried to address them. It was the same people that you see at every meeting. Some staff, some teachers, all administration and a handful of parents and citizens were in the crowd. I'd say 25 or so.So all you guys on here who aren't even from SP can drop it! I guess it wasn't vital to their life as to who the football coach is!

BTW The kids are all in the weight room and seem to like the new coach and his assistants. So let it rest! I am excited for football season!
Thanks for the report about the board meeting. Just as expected, a lot of hotheads running their mouth on here is all it amounts to. I'm glad to hear the boys are in the weight room and seem to like the coach. He is a great guy and deserves a chance to do this job without people who don't even know him getting on here and trashing him. I don't know who this Triplett guy is, but in just reading the posts on here, it seems like he's had a hard time keeping a coaching position. I'm just saying what it sounds like-not trying to start any arguments.
Best wishes to Coach Marcello and the Pointer Football Team this fall. ;-) ;-)

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

ilovessoftball wrote:
unclebob wrote:Not one person addressed the board or even tried to address them. It was the same people that you see at every meeting. Some staff, some teachers, all administration and a handful of parents and citizens were in the crowd. I'd say 25 or so.So all you guys on here who aren't even from SP can drop it! I guess it wasn't vital to their life as to who the football coach is!

Thanks for the report about the board meeting. Just as expected, a lot of hotheads running their mouth on here is all it amounts to. I'm glad to hear the boys are in the weight room and seem to like the coach. He is a great guy and deserves a chance to do this job without people who don't even know him getting on here and trashing him. I don't know who this Triplett guy is, but in just reading the posts on here, it seems like he's had a hard time keeping a coaching position. I'm just saying what it sounds like-not trying to start any arguments.
Best wishes to Coach Marcello and the Pointer Football Team this fall. ;-) ;-)

I dont believe Tripp was ever fired from a job if thats what your saying. Right now I'de say he's probably the most sought after coach in southern ohio.(Other than the Ironton gig) Many schools would love to have him. Thats why the committee at SP recommended him.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

lol. Trip has never had any trouble keeping any job. Ump is correct. And plenty in Ironton would love to have him there. ;-)
Glad Point is excited for football. That in itself should raise them out of the 1-9 dismal season they had last year.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I would question if this season is any better than last year. I agree we missed the chance again to get the Coach that knows how to build a program from the bottom up. Also SP missed the chance to get a great Teacher the BOE needs to pull their heads out of their _ _ _!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

game day wrote:I would question if this season is any better than last year. I agree we missed the chance again to get the Coach that knows how to build a program from the bottom up. Also SP missed the chance to get a great Teacher the BOE needs to pull their heads out of their _ _ _!

I agree with the last statement.

I have a question for the SP people who are the new Football Coaches? I have heard some area coaches have joined the staff.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I hope the Pointer Nation doesn't go ballistic if the 2012 team doesn't have a great record. After all, this prog was in shambles for awhile, and it's not gonna be rebuilt overnight. Now, if there are a fair number of players,and they give a good effort in practice and in games, that should be a positive sign that the prog's on the mend. And while they had a GREAT middle school team, that doesn't always translate into varsity glory.
Here's hoping that the Pointers are on their way to being competitive at football again.

Return to “Football”