Waterboy

Re: The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Post by ArmyCav »

This is not another user name. :shock:

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Regulator wrote:Ironman 02, Personally I think you are fine. I just think you and all Jackson people need to stay or start being positive and backing the district, the schools, and the teams more instead of saying this should happen or this should happen or whatever. When the schools and teams are backed positively by the community only good things happen.

Regulator,

Great Point.... :!:

Prime example Chillicothe City Schools. We are in the SEOAL too. Our fans know this league is very competitive. We have stability in our Administration and Coaching Staffs. Many are Chillicothe alumni, but several are not. They are very sound and wise and make mature judgements. Our fans support and back the system here. Next season our football team will be in a rebuilding phase, we all know that. And we all accept that. We know next seasons team will not be like this seasons team. But, we still support the Cavaliers no matter what. The same will be for our basketball team next year. We lose the rest of last years State Championship Team Members after this season except one or two members. Stay positive and lift them up instead of cutting them down.

Stability is the key. If coaching at JHS is like a roving door, that is not going to excite many to accept positions there.

Good Luck!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

ArmyCav wrote:This is not another user name. :shock:

Welcome to SEOPS armycav :!:

ArmyCav
Waterboy

Post by ArmyCav »

BuckeyeCAV wrote:
ArmyCav wrote:This is not another user name. :shock:

Welcome to SEOPS armycav :!:

Thank you. :mrgreen:

ArmyCav
Waterboy

Post by ArmyCav »

ironman02 wrote:ArmyCav??? Are you kidding me?

You couldn't be any more obvious than that.

Regulator,

I'm not really sure where I have been negative on this thread or the other one, but maybe I have. It's not my intent though. I try to stay positive about Jackson football. I have supported the players and the staff on here. I have commended Shane for the job he did and I have said that I hope Jackson finds a great replacement for him. I don't know what else I should be saying. I don't live in Jackson anymore, so it would be hard for me to take a proactive role within the community itself.

See, its not another user name. We are not the same person. Told you so. :122245

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Yeah, I'm convinced now.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

BuckeyeCAV wrote:
Regulator wrote:Ironman 02, Personally I think you are fine. I just think you and all Jackson people need to stay or start being positive and backing the district, the schools, and the teams more instead of saying this should happen or this should happen or whatever. When the schools and teams are backed positively by the community only good things happen.

Regulator,

Prime example Chillicothe City Schools. We are in the SEOAL too. Our fans know this league is very competitive. We have stability in our Administration and Coaching Staffs. Many are Chillicothe alumni, but several are not. They are very sound and wise and make mature judgements. Our fans support and back the system here. Next season our football team will be in a rebuilding phase, we all know that. And we all accept that. We know next seasons team will not be like this seasons team. But, we still support the Cavaliers no matter what. The same will be for our basketball team next year. We lose the rest of last years State Championship Team Members after this season except one or two members. Stay positive and lift them up instead of cutting them down.

Stability is the key. If coaching at JHS is like a roving door, that is not going to excite many to accept positions there.

Good Luck!

I disagree with you, many people on here during the Chillicothe Football Playoff games were talking about play calling and how bad it was. It may be a few, but come on!! Also how much support has the community and administration given out to the baseball program?

Army
S

Post by Army »

Regulator wrote:
BuckeyeCAV wrote:

Regulator,

Good Luck!

I disagree with you, many people on here during the Chillicothe Football Playoff games were talking about play calling and how bad it was. It may be a few, but come on!! Also how much support has the community and administration given out to the baseball program?

Regulator,

I would have to diagree with you. Yeah, our fans can be vocal, but no different than most schools. Our system is stable over here. No continued resignations and our fans back the coaches and adminisration. Baseball has not always been great at Chilly at times, but we have a great fan base that follows the team. The key is stability, from the top to the bottom. We have that at here in Chillicothe, as well inside our booster support groups and inside our fan base.

Something we do not to worry about over here.

ArmyCav,

Welcome to SEOPS!
Last edited by Army on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

the HORSEMAN. wayne is he at athens high? fenick :lol: :lol: set minford back 5 years what a joke..... :lol: :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'm a fan....and very loyal, and even yes, proactive.

I've attended all but about 10 home games of Jackson football since 1985. I've attended Jackson basketball games since 1984 and am seen at nearly every home game if I'm not making a rare road trip to watch my "teaching" school.

I've cheered my heart out for all of these teams and in all of these games within not looking like an idiot. I have yelled my thoughts positive and negative thoughts from the stands, bleachers, and fence lines. I say things all game long about the coaches, players and of course the referees. I very much get into the games.

I cannot think of one player or coach I have not supported in all of those years. I love the players who play harder than everyone else and show more heart and I'm frustrated with the players who have "it"...but don't care....and are not self-motivated to compete.

I travel to road games and make 98% of my posts about Jackson outcomes positive. I have NEVER bashed a kid on here and never will. I love Jackson. And I refuse to believe any coach of any merit doesn't care more than 99% of the fans involved during every contest.

I liked Jim Reynolds, Larry Blackstone, Randy Layton and Shane Wolford all the same as they were trying to win with a team that I was going to root for. I disagreed with everyone of them durign just about every game at some point.......but didn't want anyone of them to ever leave and very much appreciate what each has done for Jackson. If Jackson goes on to hire the worst candidate out there.....I'll still be rooting for Jackson and with certainty give that coach a more than fair chance.

As for basketball? What are you talking about ArmyCav? I've sat at Jackson games since the early/mid 80's and have witnessed I believe 4 winning seasons and I think just 1 win in district play. I've seen the 1-20 and the multiple 3-18 seasons mixed in with many 5-7 win seasons. None of those teams were great and some of them didn't even play hard....but I was there and still am and will not be leaving the near-empty bandwagon anytime in the future. Jackson is winless and may not win a game....but go back and read what I might've said about our prior losses...and take in what I say about our future losses that could compile. I get excited to see the 5'11 kid get 12 rebounds and the kid with minimal skills do whatever the coach asks. My best memory of Jackson basketball the past 2 years was a soccer kid playing his ass off everytime he got into the game and giving someone on the opposing team fits every time. A complete defensive magnet who scored about 2 ppg. It would make me proud to know that kid played for Jackson.....and I won't forget the double digit loss seasons....but I also won't forget the great kids that have played for Jackson.

As for the proactive.......my standing in the blowing rain for 2 hours to park cars at the boys baketball game and purchasing the meal/raffle ticket to support each boys' and girls' teams should count for a little along with attending enough games and genuinely cheering about 3-4 night a week.

And one last thing ArmyCav....you love to just keep posting about Jackson basketball results and you know you'd love nothing more than for Jackson to go 0-20......just to spite myself and 02. And if I'm wrong about anything I've posted I hope I'm wrong about that. Whether they are from Jackson, Vinton, Ross or wherever they are kids.....many of which are playing their respective butts off for their school. I can sit here on my computer and make stupid posts /arguements back and forth all day long....but I know that right now I can turn on my tv, press the DVR button and watch Humpty Hitchens and crew give Ross County one of it's finest moments in their sporting history by winning the state title game. It's far and away the oldest thing recorded and saved on my DVR...I watch the ending all the time and it still gives me chills..not because I'm from Chillicothe or that I know anyone on the team (I don't)....but because those kids played as hard as they could and NEVER gave up and pulled the impossible in the very end. I don't care where Humpty played as a freshman or what brought Ray Chambers to Chilly.....I just care that a group of kids from a local school played better than any other group of kids in the state in D2. I have websites of WVU, Akron, Western Carolina, Kent St, Xavier and others all bookmarked under my favorites on my computer so I can keep up with some local kids that completely impressed me during their prep days.

Anyone on here can say whatever they want but I know I am a true fan of Jackson and a gigantic fan of kids in general.....and anyone who has ever coached against me from biddee to varsity knows I'm extremely positive when I see good things from my team and EVEN the competition and when my team has errored I try what I think will fix it or improve it.

Go Jackson!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Read some interesting info on the Huddle today.

Not sure how accurate the information is, but it is being said that the offensive coordinator at South Charleston High School in Charleston, WV has applied for the Jackson head coaching job. The coach's name is Donnie Mays and he was the OC that helped lead South Charleston to a 14-0 season and the AAA State Championship in West Virginia in 2008.

Here is a highlight video from South Charleston's playoff run last season. They obviously had a lot of talent, but Coach Mays is a proven winner who could be a very interesting candidate for this job. I'll try to find out more about him, but this is what I have as of right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYT4SeyZwDY

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Ironman 02
I heard it was the junior high coach fom that school. Could be wrong.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

haha. That wouldn't surprise me. That's why I said that I'm not sure how accurate the information really is. Maybe I can find out something concrete soon.

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

This story comes from the Charleston Gazette after SC on the title game. The head coach, John Messinger, took time out to speak about coach Mays.

Salute to Mays

During Super Six week preparations, Messinger wanted to make sure that everyone knew one of the biggest reasons SC made it to the No. 1 ranking and the state finals - his offensive coordinator.

"One of the greatest reasons we've been so successful is Donnie Mays,'' Messinger said. "This kid eats, sleeps and breathes football. If I have one goal as a head coach when it comes to a staff member or assistant, there's nothing I would like to see more than help Donnie get into a college position somewhere where he can devote fulltime to football and see his knowledge of the game develop. He is absolutely the most dedicated student to the game I've ever been around.

"People need to understand and should be grateful for the assistants and staff we have here, and how fortunate I've been to have these guys. They are the force behind why we are where we are, and I've told them this, too. These guys are young, aggressive and dedicated.''

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

buckeyes3645,

I just hope that he's the coach who applied for the job. I'm just going on what I've heard and read. That's why I didn't want to come out and say that I was positive that Mays applied.

Do you have any other information on him? How old is he and where else has he coached?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

VERY powerful post 92, from what I have read on here you are not blowing smoke and the community should be glad to have people like you supporting the kids and coaches. I am not taking sides however but am very interested in who gets the job and who will be coaching against my alma mater. Sorry to jump in the middle of the "battle" but a commend you for a very positive yet honest post. Good luck on your search at JHS!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks JC

see Jackson and Gallia Academy can get along.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

One week out of the year we can argue and disrespect to get under each other's skin but the rest of the time we are neighbors and at worst silent supporters. Of course for that one week it is on in a big way but that makes hs fball what it is! Some games on the schedule are just that, a game, but JHS-GAHS is and hopefully always will be a big GAME! I am just glad some people on here can be real with their own perspectives as well as those of others. Everyone has faults, some just don't see their own.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I know that this thread has faded away while everyone waits for news about the hiring of a new coach at Jackson. However, it has been brought to my attention that some of my comments have offended some people and I would like to address that here for all of them. I previously made a comment about the possibility of Coach Phillips returning to Jackson and bringing staff members from Oak Hill back with him. I did not mean that those staff members should replace the current staff at Jackson if Phillips was indeed hired as the new coach. The current staff at Jackson has done a fine job and has worked extremely hard to make our football team the best it can be. There are assistants who are working hard right now to get things going in the weight room to ensure that Jackson football does not suffer while the search for a new coach is taking place. I would never suggest that those guys should be replaced. I simply meant that it would be nice to add some of the guys on Phillips' staff back to the staff at Jackson, creating a staff similar to the one that was in place when Shane Wolford first took over in 2005.

Next, I would like to address the head coaching vacancy. If any members of the current staff are applying for the head coaching job, then I am completely fine with that. They are certainly entitled to do so, and if they were to get the job, I would support them completely. My suggestion of hiring a coach from the outside was made with the mindset that none of the current staff members would want to go through the pressure and criticism that Shane has had to deal with recently after seeing it firsthand. I do think it would be good to hire someone from the outside to get some new input and a new perspective from someone who has had more experience elsewhere, but I did not mean that the current coaches are not capable of running a successful program because they certainly are. Bringing in some different, and new, knowledge would be beneficial to the program in my opinion because it would allow for a sharing of coaching philosophies among a new coach and the current staff. That was the point I was trying to make.

Lastly, I want to say that I am simply a fan of the program. I am not a coach and I do not think that I'm some kind of football expert, since that's the impression that many people on here seem to get. This is simply my opinion on the football program that I love. I want to apologize to anyone that I upset previously. Hopefully this post has clarified the points that I was originally trying to make and has cleared up any confusion.

Good luck to the Jackson football program in the future.

Return to “Football”