Re: OVC '09

Post by sider »

1. South Point (5-0)
2. Coal Grove (4-1)
3. River Valley (3-2)
4. Chesapeake (2-3)
5. Fairland (1-4)
6. Rock Hill (0-5)

This is just a rough draft of course. Rock Hill could finish as high as 3rd depending on how hard they work. I think River Valley will be determined to turn things around. Peake will probably be the same, maybe a little better. I don't see Fairland being really good, they lost a lot of key players (even though they have Bloomfield). I think it will be between South Point and Coal Grove.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

I agree I think chesapeake could only be better. . . should break .500, 4-6, 5-5, 6-4. . . all very possible

I don't think Rock Hill was losing much?? I could be wrong. . but I think they bring back a lot of players

fairland looks to be down. . .

and we need SP and CG people to tell us what they are bringing

and like usual not a clue on RV

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

south point loses a very talented senior class that won the ovc 3 years in a row.BUt as four in a row i just dont see it/ my prediction will prolly be coal grove

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

I am going with the Grove as well SP has lost too much the past two seasons to compete for a 4th title!

GDawghornetfan
Riding the Bench

Post by GDawghornetfan »

sider wrote:1. South Point (5-0)
2. Coal Grove (4-1)
3. River Valley (3-2)
4. Chesapeake (2-3)
5. Fairland (1-4)
6. Rock Hill (0-5)

This is just a rough draft of course. Rock Hill could finish as high as 3rd depending on how hard they work. I think River Valley will be determined to turn things around. Peake will probably be the same, maybe a little better. I don't see Fairland being really good, they lost a lot of key players (even though they have Bloomfield). I think it will be between South Point and Coal Grove.

1.Coal Grove (5-0)
2.South Point (4-1)
3.Rock Hill (3-2)
4.Chesapeake (2-3)
5. River Valley (1-4)
6. Fairland (0-5)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Way too early to be making predictions........ but...... I can't help but try... with the info I have coming out of all parts of the county:

1. Coal Grove

2. Chesapeake

3. South Point

4. Rock Hill/Fairland

5. River Valley

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I agree Rock Hill will be up, I would say they could be a 5-5 team next year their have a good system, a good quarterback, and probably the best receiver in the Ovc in Davenport (I think it is). South point did lose a lot, but they have a good program and always seem to reload, and Chesapeake won't stay down long. Any update from River Valley? From what I hear they are working hard, I think they could turn it around.

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

coal grove
south point/fairland
river valley
cpeake
rock hill

i have to give coal grove they have underclassmen talent. it will be a shoot out between fairland and south point. river valley will have some luck this year and win atleast two conference games

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Fuzz I have to agree with ya, we seem to give you guys a pretty tough game every year we just need to get over the hump. Fairland will be down a little, South Point lost way to much, Rock Hill may be a year away and River Valley should be in the bottom two. The Peake should be pretty tough the next few years.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Coal Grove is getting back into a rhythm. We know they will be good. However, who thought that Fairland was going to get a share of the title last year? IMO, it is a 6 way race as of now. Rock Hill is going to be back up to strength and River Valley will also be a force. We'll just have to see in 8 months.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I think the level of competition will be a lot more even this coming year than it was this year. There were just a lot of flat-out ugly games this year :122246
I can only think of three conference games that stayed close for pretty much the whole game:

Coal Grove/Chesapeake

South Point/Coal Grove

South Point/Fairland

I think we'll see more close games in 09.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

if fairland can get a good o-line put together watch out fisher and bloomfield could make huge plays.
there gonna have to score alot of points to win though there defense is gonna be way down more than usual.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

bucksfan76 wrote:south point loses a very talented senior class that won the ovc 3 years in a row.BUt as four in a row i just dont see it/ my prediction will prolly be coal grove

sp would have that 3rd title if it wasnt for my dragons blowin out the grove. lol

and sp won the fairland game on a horrible call when a punt was downed by eric salyers ive seen it on film a few times and then a sp player runs by n picks it up and runs it to the 2 yard line.
and the referee that made the horrible call even apologized to coach snyder after seeing it on film.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Silly me...

I though that this was a thread announcing that Ohio Valley Christian School was added football next fall...

I'm such an idiot.

tony181stewart
Riding the Bench

Post by tony181stewart »

KarlAgathon wrote:Silly me...

I though that this was a thread announcing that Ohio Valley Christian School was added football next fall...

I'm such an idiot.

ahahahaha :lol: :| :|

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

jl724 wrote:
bucksfan76 wrote:south point loses a very talented senior class that won the ovc 3 years in a row.BUt as four in a row i just dont see it/ my prediction will prolly be coal grove

sp would have that 3rd title if it wasnt for my dragons blowin out the grove. lol

and sp won the fairland game on a horrible call when a punt was downed by eric salyers ive seen it on film a few times and then a sp player runs by n picks it up and runs it to the 2 yard line.
and the referee that made the horrible call even apologized to coach snyder after seeing it on film.

jl724 that one play did not lose your dragons that ball game get over it. YOU LOST your bickering is not going to change the outcome

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

I would have to with Coal Grove

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

bucksfan76 wrote:
jl724 wrote:

jl724 that one play did not lose your dragons that ball game get over it. YOU LOST your bickering is not going to change the outcome

I thought this thread was for the 2009 OVC !

Return to “Football”