Oak Hill '09

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Re: Oak Hill '09

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Yeah that seems a little funny that he would do that after what they have accomplished at OH

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

I don't know who posted the line with my son's name in it.........but if you are going to be that bold--could you please at least spell his name right.???? :?
Jared Humphreys -
and to compare these two at the QB position is crazy. Two very different style of players........

Jesse, no one in my family would post such crap against you- especially with Jared's name attached. If you think otherwise; then I am disappointed.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

4theKids wrote:I don't know who posted the line with my son's name in it.........but if you are going to be that bold--could you please at least spell his name right.???? :?
Jared Humphreys -
and to compare these two at the QB position is crazy. Two very different style of players........

Jesse, no one in my family would post such crap against you- especially with Jared's name attached. If you think otherwise; then I am disappointed.

Man, your son is a heck uva athlete i really enjoyed watching him!! if you dont mind me asking how is he doing nowadays?

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

It seems like the current Oak Hill coach and his staff ahve taken the program from nothing to something in the last few years. I think that they have done a great job. I guess some people will never be happy.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Jared was unreal. Two different styles but I would take Jared in a heartbeat over Oak Hill's qb. His moves were unreal. Plus he lead a team to a win at Withrow. You have to make the big wins to be considered an elite qb.

sleepy floyd
Riding the Bench

Post by sleepy floyd »

It is not fair to compare the two Jared was great QB and Jessee very well could be but he will only be a JR this year. OH should be better this year and compete for soc title but Jesse will not play types of teams Jared played against. Both quality young men that would make any program better.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

He might get to play against the same competition. Just have to wait and see what happens in a few months, he is definately a nice player. He would look good wearing the red and white.
Last edited by nickle back on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I know they are different types of players but the big plays jared made were amazing! I know Jesse is only going to be a junior, but Jared made these plays against Gallia, Logan, Cincinnati Withrow, etc.... Not knocking Jesse still has two years left. But even if he puts up good numbers I give the nod to Jared because of the much tougher competition. Just my thoughts. Best of luck to the Oaks this season. Should be fun to follow.

osubulldog
Waterboy

Post by osubulldog »

How good does it sound to have 2 quality players on the same team that everyone is politicing for. Good luck to both players. This is nice and very supportive, Stay Healthy

sleepy floyd
Riding the Bench

Post by sleepy floyd »

with the Halls at Jackson Iwouldn't be surprised for them to start asking players to come to J-town. watch your players

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

sleepy floyd wrote:with the Halls at Jackson Iwouldn't be surprised for them to start asking players to come to J-town. watch your players

You better believe it!

Apophis
Waterboy

Post by Apophis »

From where does this intolerable hatred come?

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

Not hatred..........I wish the Oaks luck this year

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Basketball team got theirs can the football team do it to???????
Good luck on your upcomming season.

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

Here is why Phillips should be let go. He only has wins because they have talent. Lewis had none whatsoever. Minford game should not have been that bad. They passed and got yards, but the coach kept trying to run the ball which got the negative yards. After the game is over try passing to see what happens. They should not have lost SOC1 last year at all. Also he is not using the left hands QB right, but running plays for a right handed QB.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Then they will most likely, beat Minford this year, Right?

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

Redman wrote:Then they will most likely, beat Minford this year, Right?

If our schemes change, I can guarantee you that it will not be a blowout like it was last year. If we use our talent right we should compete in every game this year and should win the SOC I, pretty easily. But if we keep the current schemes and coching decisions, we will be average at best. Changes must be made!

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

and your background that makes you such a much better coach than the current coach?

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

And it's just so easy to change schemes and that makes all the difference right? Football is a game that if the kids really believe, work hard, and use their talent no matter what their role is... it doesn't matter what schemes you use. Do what you are good at and get really good at it. Then expand from there. I do believe that you have to adapt your philosophy to help the talent you have (or don't have) to be successful and good coaches are really good at doing that.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

The Oaks have a very talented group of kids returning for the 09 season. I believe that Slone, Hale, Fairchild, Cannon and the rest of the boys will lead the Oaks to a very successful 09 season.

As for those who still continue to bash the Oaks for losing the games they lost in 08, well some things simply can't be controled by the coaches. Numerous turnovers in a game certainly wasn't a result of the boys not getting drilled daily on ball security. Anyone who ever witnessed an Oaks practice would know this. Sometimes fumbles just happen for whatever reason. And when to many of them happen in one game you will likely lost that game, its that simple.

Return to “Football”