Seniors receiving college looks

pappy1
Varsity

Re: Seniors receiving college looks

Post by pappy1 »

^^^^^
I aplogize to anyone that thinks my post in anyway was attempting to put a damper on this accomplishment. That goes double to the young man and his family. In most ways this appointment is more impressive than most D1 full rides. The student athlete has to excel in the classroom and as a leader in his school and community. The academys like to have athletes even if they do not plan on them playing on one of their athletic teams. They think that young people that know how to compete (they really like those who particpate in contact sports) are prime candidates to make warriors. How do I think I know these things? I have son that received an appointment to one of the academys.

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Bumping this topic for any new commits around the area:

I read that Tyler Kratzenberg from Ironton will commit to Mount Union by the end of the month and he's trying to get Jackson's Drew Ervin to as well (Ervin also has offers from several D2 schools and at least one MAC school, been in contact with Mount Union).

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

farmer wrote:
WitnessProtection wrote:Cadmus wingback Biff McFinsterbacher-Smythe is going to Cheshire Naval Academy.
Is that Biff who played for the Amish team? If so he is not accepting that offer. He is afraid of water. He thought it meant seeing a woman's navel.
Wrong Biff. You're thinking of Biff O'Finklebeiner-Davis from Patriot.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

What about the big ones from Valley this year? Luke Keller, Blake Yates, Curt Crabtree? I know Yates will probably pick basketball, but he is a D1 DB/WR for sure if he wanted to be. Anyone heard anything?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

ACCBiggz wrote:Bumping this topic for any new commits around the area:

I read that Tyler Kratzenberg from Ironton will commit to Mount Union by the end of the month and he's trying to get Jackson's Drew Ervin to as well (Ervin also has offers from several D2 schools and at least one MAC school, been in contact with Mount Union).
Glad to hear that Ervin has several options to continue his career. Great athlete, student, and person. Looking forward to following Drew's progress at the next level.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Keller has had a few offers from Findlay, tiffin, fairmont and a few others, mount union and Otterbein have also contacted him and he is going on a college visits to both those school later this month

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

pappy1 wrote:
schenk11 wrote:
Matt52 wrote:Greg Bender RB/LB from Coal Grove was offered a full athletic scholarship to Army
West Point appointment is impressive!!!!!
A US military academy appointment is impressive and congratulations are in order.
All appointments to the academys are full rides. Atheletics will add weight to the selection process for these appointments, but there is no such thing as an athletic scholarship to those academys.
i agree 100%. anyone who recieves a offer from any military academy deserves a congrats

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Anyone hearing/headed to
Denison
Bluffton
marietta

BeatNavy
Waterboy

Post by BeatNavy »

pappy1 wrote:Atheletics will add weight to the selection process for these appointments, but there is no such thing as an athletic scholarship to those academys.
Being a recruited athlete will do more than add weight to the selection process. Instead of a written scholarship offer, a student-athlete recruited by Army would get what is called a "Letter of Assurance". This guarantees the recruited student-athlete a slot at the academy if they complete their admissions file, pass the medical exam, pass the physical fitness test, and get a nomination. Candidates for admission without a Letter of Assurance (recruited athlete or not), might jump through all of the hoops (grades, medical, physical, nomination) but not be admitted purely due to there not being enough slots.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

That is the info this thread was lacking. Thank you very much Beat Navy!
HOOAH!

Return to “Football”