Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Simple poll: Who wins the game?

Total votes: 0

Spartan
All Conference

Re: Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Post by Spartan »

Nobody from Athens cares what you think Tiger

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:and finally go buckeyes. i know you can win this. personally i think athens is way too big of a school to be in the league with d5 teams, but i know you can do this.git r done you crazy orange buckeyes.
I get what you are sayin bait, and normally I would agree that a school the size of Athens is too big for the league. However, in this case they have only shared part of one title, and have never won one outright. Usually finish mid pack at seasons end, so at this point they have proven to not be too big for the league in football.

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

Sometimes the truth hurts... :mrgreen:

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Tyler_Durden wrote:It is really really difficult to not laugh at all of you self-proclaimed gurus. 21 points... that's hilarious. Or rather, ludicrous is a better word for it.

Someone replied to my earlier post and said that if there are more NY people on this forum than Athens people then that's Athens problem. Again, hilarious. Maybe they are just above all this drivel.

Again I'll say it, I have a suspicion that Nelsonville-York has not been hit all year as hard as they are going to get hit tonight.
Well, apparently you and I are not above it.

FanOSports typically spends his time criticizing NY's success, reminding NY people of their recent playoff failures, and ridiculing SEO football in general.

This year, however, he seems to be more impressed by NY. He thinks they go 10-0 ( I think it was 9-1 or 8-2 originally) and that they win a single playoff game this year before being knocked out. Still, he is by no means a NY fan. He is a neutral observer of both NY and Athens.

Previously, I have only had slight disagreement with the substance of his posts, but argued with him over the incessant regurgitation of the same material. Apparently, he not only wants people to notice his predictions, but wants it tattooed on our memories.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

By no means is Athens a state power-house in football - never have been and probably never will be (unless it gets rid of soccer ... lol) ... The Bulldogs fit perfectly in the TVC-Ohio and it has shown the last three years ... The games are great, the atomsphere is even better and the stands are full ... I don't care what Division any team is in, you can't beat two county rivals fighting for a league title and an undefeated season in week 10 ... Its a perfect scenerio and I can't wait to see what transpires on the field tonight. Those who want to sit behind their computers and argue about how many boys each team has in its school - by all means have at it - I'm heading out to the stadium tonight to watch two 9-0 teams go head-to-head for 4 quarters.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Talked with the Athens AD and was told that pre-sale tickets are at @1,500. This should be a packed house, overflowing the place tonight. Without a doubt the premier game in the area. Both teams are clinched into the playoffs and deservedly so. Wish I could be there but alas other obligations. I will however travel to see as many games as I can for these two teams. At this point in the season we have to pull for the local team that have earned their place. So GO DAWGS and GO BUCKS. I believe it will be a "THRILLA in "A-town" tonight.
Have many friends in both areas so good luck from Warren to both.

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

NY has more kids (and better) football team. They also have more kids (and better) in their student section. Weird how that works. Haha

Hope no one gets mad at our student section tonight like they did at the volleyball game a couple weeks back.

hehehe

Please be able to take a joke for once.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I actually LOVED one of the chants at the NY/Athens volleyball game ButterFingers ...

"You play soccer ... clap,clap,clap, clap, clap ... you play soccer ..."

That was classic.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Question: If the high school parking lot is full, what other parking options are available without the threat of being towed? Thank you in advance.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Orestes ... Their is a parking lot on the far side of the school away from the field (below the tennis courts) ... I'm sure people will be parking along the side the road heading down to the baseball field as well ... I mean, your just gonna have to drive around and find a place if you arrive too late ... I'm not sure 100% sure if you can do this, but there is a road that runs behind the stadium (behind the scoreboard) with no houses on one side (right below the student parking lot at the High School) ... They may allow people to park on one side of that street since their are no driveways and such ... It stretches from Johnson Rd all the way to the entrance to the baseball field ... You know where it is Orestes, I'm sure you or your parents may have parked around there during your legion days.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

93Bulldog wrote:I actually LOVED one of the chants at the NY/Athens volleyball game ButterFingers ...

That was classic.
I thought it was kickball.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think your right jiveturkey ...

Either way - it was pretty clever.

And funny.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i know geographically it's a good fit, don't get me wrong. but size wise(ENROLLMENT) not so much.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Think this will be a good game, both teams have great speed, both can throw well, and of course the defences are outstanding. It will come down to turnovers, that will deside the outcome of this one. I do beleive this will alot of fun to watch. Just hope no injurys so both will be full strength for week 11.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

93Bulldog wrote:I actually LOVED one of the chants at the NY/Athens volleyball game ButterFingers ...

That was classic.

Could not have been more insulting IMO. :lol:

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Good luck to both teams. Hope no one gets injured so everyone can play in week 11. Everything has worked out so these two teams would face each for the League Championship and to the winner a lot of points for the final region points standing. No matter who wins or who loses, both teams are winners. This game will be talked about for years.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

The Doc Kroner trophy is on the line.
Does anyone know, is he still the team physician?
If so he sure has been involved for a long time.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

GO BUCKS!!

Win tonight and your names will forever be etched in stone with the great Buckeye teams of 1981, 1982, 1992, 1994 and 1997.

The perfect 10-0 teams.

Let's add 2011 to this list!

GO BUCKS!!!!

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

they still have parking behind over to the right ,behind the home bleachers?

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Return to “Football”