Nelsonville-York 26 Fort Frye 20 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

fireball
Freshman Team

Re: Round 2 D6 region 23 Fort Frye @ Nelsonville-York (at New Lex)

Post by fireball »

it was nice of your team to help push the ems off of your field they just watched

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They were preserving energy.

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

worked for them but I never seen a team wear the other one out that way smart

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It’s not like the Fort players had a chance to help. The squad came out for Meechie Johnson but he decided not to go and it got stuck. The Cadets were on the far side of the field.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:41 pm It’s not like the Fort players had a chance to help. The squad came out for Meechie Johnson but he decided not to go and it got stuck. The Cadets were on the far side of the field.
Is it that he decided not to go, or Northmor’s staff didn’t let him?

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

These are definitely the top two teams in the region.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:37 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:41 pm It’s not like the Fort players had a chance to help. The squad came out for Meechie Johnson but he decided not to go and it got stuck. The Cadets were on the far side of the field.
Is it that he decided not to go, or Northmor’s staff didn’t let him?
He made Int 2 plays later.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Hands down the 2 best teams in the Region. Very unfortunate this game is so early.

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

Should be a good one, but the transitive property is inconsistent in this case. For example, FF beat Monroe Central 37-0 and Shadyside beat Monroe Central 40-8 - very similar results. This example doesn’t match with the Trimble, Waterford, NY, FF example.

Honestly, besides people breaking down film, no one really knows how this will go. The two teams play completely separate schedules, and most don’t have any idea about how the two teams match up on the field. I’m guessing the loser has turnovers/penalties and the winner plays a clean game. Some genius analysis there, I know.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BoJack Horseman wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:08 am Should be a good one, but the transitive property is inconsistent in this case. For example, FF beat Monroe Central 37-0 and Shadyside beat Monroe Central 40-8 - very similar results. This example doesn’t match with the Trimble, Waterford, NY, FF example.

Honestly, besides people breaking down film, no one really knows how this will go. The two teams play completely separate schedules, and most don’t have any idea about how the two teams match up on the field. I’m guessing the loser has turnovers/penalties and the winner plays a clean game. Some genius analysis there, I know.
Then you got to factor in things like when teams played. Nelsonville played Trimble week 2 and I assume NY is much better then they were then. Shadyside played Monroe week 1 Nd Fort Frye played them week 5. Fort destroyed Monroe the game was over in the 3rd qt. Noles had like 5 1st Downs. Monroe would go on to win its last 5 games including a win over Shenandoah. I agree with you the transitive property does not work in football. Like Im sure NY is the same but Fort could of beat most the teams on the schedule worse but they called the dogs off out of respect.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Watching some highlights, I see a couple of good running backs and a qb completing throws downfield on the run in both directions. The defense will have to be disciplined and play very well. I also see undersized and unblocked Shadyside ends doing a very poor job of containment. I see a secondary not pursuing and closing down the field. I was a little surprised at how fast Cadet linebackers played against Catholic Central. I feel like, if this guy (Wilfork?) was on a whole other level from their backs, we'd be talking about his college choices. But yes, he sees the field, changes direction well, and is tough to catch. If he has somewhere to go, he will score some points. I am not at all sure he will get a lot of those chances.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:49 am Watching some highlights, I see a couple of good running backs and a qb completing throws downfield on the run in both directions. The defense will have to be disciplined and play very well. I also see undersized and unblocked Shadyside ends doing a very poor job of containment. I see a secondary not pursuing and closing down the field. I was a little surprised at how fast Cadet linebackers played against Catholic Central. I feel like, if this guy (Wilfork?) was on a whole other level from their backs, we'd be talking about his college choices. But yes, he sees the field, changes direction well, and is tough to catch. If he has somewhere to go, he will score some points. I am not at all sure he will get a lot of those chances.
The thing that NY has is balance. RB Keegan Wilburn (SO) is a great runner quick and explosive also good kick returner. Hard to tackle in space. FB Colt Yinger ( SR ) 15 is powerful and a great LB on defense. Garrett Maiden (SR) QB is a duel threat he can run like Wilburn but can also pass. Great WRs on the outside on Ronnie Wend and Chris Cook both Srs. Ronnie Wend on defense reminds me of Brendon Huck he is small but does not miss tackles. They have more skills guys and speed then we’ve seen all year. Last year Fort was a speed team got beat by a power team. This year it’s the opposite they are a power team playing the speed team. How will NY respond if the Fort D can get a couple early stops? Same I said last week and many said this week it will come down to turnovers. The game Fort lost they turned it over a ton and last week we turned it over a ton. It’s hard for the Fort defense to keep having to make redzone stops. If Northmor had a kicking game they would of beat us.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Then you got to factor in things like when teams played. Nelsonville played Trimble week 2 and I assume NY is much better then they were then. Shadyside played Monroe week 1 Nd Fort Frye played them week 5. Fort destroyed Monroe the game was over in the 3rd qt. Noles had like 5 1st Downs. Monroe would go on to win its last 5 games including a win over Shenandoah. I agree with you the transitive property does not work in football. Like Im sure NY is the same but Fort could of beat most the teams on the schedule worse but they called the dogs off out of respect.
[/quote]
Nelsonville played Trimble week 1. We played a terrible Newark catholic week 2. After that is when our offense and def naw started working. Also first downs don't always necessarily mean anything. We only had 3 first downs last year against Zane trace but still manage to score 69 points. 42 in the 2nd quarter alone.

lancer1
Waterboy

Post by lancer1 »

Nelsonville by 25... just wish Fed had the chance to play them this year...

keystone123
Waterboy

Post by keystone123 »

Nelsonville by a touchdown

lancer1
Waterboy

Post by lancer1 »

keystone123 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am Nelsonville by a touchdown
BS! NY by at least 3 TDs :arrow:

Brocode18
Waterboy

Post by Brocode18 »

lancer1 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:24 am Nelsonville by 25... just wish Fed had the chance to play them this year...
I wish the same exact thing, just wish fed hock would of had the talent this year love that community.

lancer1
Waterboy

Post by lancer1 »

Brocode18 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 am
lancer1 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:24 am Nelsonville by 25... just wish Fed had the chance to play them this year...
I wish the same exact thing, just wish fed hock would of had the talent this year love that community.
They had the talent, if it wasn't for the dumb athletic director Fed would've been a playoff team

keystone123
Waterboy

Post by keystone123 »

lancer1 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:27 am
They had the talent, if it wasn't for the dumb athletic director Fed would've been a playoff team
Fed Hock is the worst team in southeast Ohio.

Brocode18
Waterboy

Post by Brocode18 »

lancer1 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:27 am
Lancer1 its like we speak the same exact language

Return to “Football”