WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by Bleeding Red »

johnny5 wrote:it didn't even seem that hard of a call to make live... I was there looked pretty obvious to me...I feel for Valley they are 3 td's better than minford @ 100%. Valley would have probably got out of the first round. This is the 2nd time I've seen minford. Pretty vanilla offense, and VERY VERY undisciplined! They are a 1 and done... unless their playoff draw has their star player out like oakhill,west and valley.... better to be lucky than good. Hate to see refs determine the outcome like that. Good luck SOC.

Time to get the roundballs out JOHNNY. And Minford's QB was out after the first series on offense GENIUS so it is pretty equal with both QB's on the sidelines.

Both teams played hard. From where I was standing it DID look like the runner crossed the line but I couldnt see once he went low into the pile. I think both teams knew it was going to be a dogfight and it was. Minford killed themselves with penalties that stopped them from running the ball right at Valley. On the flip side, Valley sputtered on offense all night. That was AWESOME execution on that hook and ladder. I think these 2 teams still play very close if they were both healthy on both sides. But Minford lost as much offense with Butcher on the sideline as Valley did with Yates on the sidelines, so dont pull that crap.

Well at least Minford's should get a chance to suit back up next week.

Nice job Minford. Coach Daniels has Valley's number. I dont think Valley has beat Minford since joining the big boy conference, but I might be wrong.

johnny5
Waterboy

Post by johnny5 »

Valley won without their QB.. they were robbed. That isn't crap it's fact. watch it on valley's site... ps butcher isn't close to yates. ..

johnny5
Waterboy

Post by johnny5 »

I hope minford proves me wrong i'll be rooting for them next week, I don't see them winning.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

johnny5 wrote:Valley won without their QB.. they were robbed. That isn't crap it's fact. watch it on valley's site... ps butcher isn't close to yates. ..
No you are right. Butcher is WAY faster than Yates. And Valley lost. So here come the excuses!

Dribble dribble dribble......

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:
johnny5 wrote:Valley won without their QB.. they were robbed. That isn't crap it's fact. watch it on valley's site... ps butcher isn't close to yates. ..
No you are right. Butcher is WAY faster than Yates. And Valley lost. So here come the excuses!

I didnt think you would stoop to that level, however...

Watch the film

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Wow, what a game. Two teams fighting it out for everything. Minford was able to pull out a win in a close one. As for the 2pt conversion being a blown call I have no idea I'm not even going to pretend I saw what happened. But if we're going to blame refs Minford can come up with a several calls that went against them that were questionable to say the least. Typical Lucasville, make excuses when you get beat, keep it classy guys.

Fact is this, Valley had an entire week to prepare another QB to go tonight. Minford had about 45 seconds to prepare their 2nd QB. Valley was simply unable play 4 quarters of physical smash mouth football.

third base
Waterboy

Post by third base »

Minford played with heart, you could see it. These boys wanted a win and got it. What is crap is ppl that get on here and down other teams players or teams. This is high school kids folks. Both teams played well and it is a game, someone will win so take it at that, if there is a winner then there obviously will be a loser also. Butcher is a good kid and athlete why try to take that away from him. Come on johnny5 grow up. Way to go Minford boys, good game Valley. Great job and hard fought game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

chicken_coop wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

I didnt think you would stoop to that level, however...

Watch the film

When your IDIOT Valley fan that has 11 total posts wants to run his mouth and say that Valley is 3 TD's better than Minford, expect the missles to be fired.

I said before that it was a good game and I thought the runner crossed, but I lost sight of him when he hit the pile. If I remember right, there was a questionable call that went in Valley's favor that either gave the ball to Valley or kept that Valley drive alive. Its neither here or there and its over with and in the books.

You know that I dont have anything against you personally Coop. But dont sit there and act like Minford people are bad if we respond to a Valley fans ignorance.

Anyway, Valley should be good again next year and with Coal Grove losing, maybe there is an outside chance of Valley still getting in. I would like to see a rematch between these 2 teams, but this time on the other end of Lucasville Minford Road.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

IRONFALCON wrote:Wow, what a game. Two teams fighting it out for everything. Minford was able to pull out a win in a close one. As for the 2pt conversion being a blown call I have no idea I'm not even going to pretend I saw what happened. But if we're going to blame refs Minford can come up with a several calls that went against them that were questionable to say the least. Typical Lucasville, make excuses when you get beat, keep it classy guys.

Fact is this, Valley had an entire week to prepare another QB to go tonight. Minford had about 45 seconds to prepare their 2nd QB. Valley was simply unable play 4 quarters of physical smash mouth football.
I dont understand how Valley didnt play 4 quarters....they went and scored (as well as got the 2pt) What "questionable" calls went against Minford? I've rewatched the game....Excuses?

As I told BleedingRed

Watch the film

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

IRONFALCON wrote:Wow, what a game. Two teams fighting it out for everything. Minford was able to pull out a win in a close one. As for the 2pt conversion being a blown call I have no idea I'm not even going to pretend I saw what happened. But if we're going to blame refs Minford can come up with a several calls that went against them that were questionable to say the least. Typical Lucasville, make excuses when you get beat, keep it classy guys.

I dont understand how Valley didnt play 4 quarters....they went and scored (as well as got the 2pt) What "questionable" calls went against Minford? I've rewatched the game....Excuses?

As I told BleedingRed

Watch the film

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I'm not making excuses because we won the game. Come on coop you're better than that. Win with class and lose with class.

There's an old saying "Some teams make excuses, other teams make plays"

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I just watched it on VSN. From the camera angle you can tell that the RB got hit well before the goal line, but you cant see from the camera angle where his knee is and if the ball crossed the plane.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

chicken_coop wrote: What "questionable" calls went against Minford? I've rewatched the game....Excuses?
The ball spotting sucked all night. The illegal use of hands and loss of down call was bogus, not to mention the pass in the 1st qtr where two defenders sandwiched Taylor 15 yards down the field on a passing play when he was still running his route (the ball had not been thrown yet) and nothing was called. I am still trying to figure out how Valley ran 3 plays in 5.1 seconds at the end of the game. If there was no penalty, then the clock should have re-started before the next play.

Congrats to Minford on the win and what should be a 4th straight playoff appearance. Hopefully Butcher will be back next week.

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

On demand replay at: http://www.valleyls.org/highschool/inde ... Itemid=111

Sorry for the audio problems in the first quarter. It was a great hard fought game by both teams. Looks like many people will be interested in the 1 hour 56 minute mark :)

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Bleeding Red wrote:I just watched it on VSN. From the camera angle you can tell that the RB got hit well before the goal line, but you cant see from the camera angle where his knee is and if the ball crossed the plane.
That's what I got from it too. If the camera had been on the goal line it would have been a perfect view. When his arm comes into view with the ball he no longer has posession it's clearly falling out of his hand.

Red Curtain
Waterboy

Post by Red Curtain »

Good hard fought game by both teams. Good to see the classy move by Coach Daniels and the Minford boys in presenting the game ball to Mrs. Berry. Good move Coach!!!!! Good luck to both teams!!!1

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

IRONFALCON wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I just watched it on VSN. From the camera angle you can tell that the RB got hit well before the goal line, but you cant see from the camera angle where his knee is and if the ball crossed the plane.
That's what I got from it too. If the camera had been on the goal line it would have been a perfect view. When his arm comes into view with the ball he no longer has posession it's clearly falling out of his hand.

Exactly. And the official that ruled him down could see where his knee was when he came running in to mark the spot.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WOW SOUNDS LIKE A WILD ONE, HOPE YOUN'S BOTH GET IN

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

We can argue for days, nothing is going to change fellas....some feel it was a bad call, some dont.

Good Luck next week, hope Butcher comes back and you represent the conference well.

Falcons2297
Waterboy

Post by Falcons2297 »

Great job by Minford tonight, had to come out after a very tough week for the kids to lose a great role model, lost their starting qb in the first quarter and still come away with the win, great job by the defense tonight with the execption of about 2 or 3 long runs and a hook n ladder lol. I mean Valley prepared all week to play without their qb i think its a little harder on a backup to be tossed in that early in the game but he did a good job, hopefully Butcher will be back next week and he is ok.

Return to “Football”