Ironton 20 Fairland 14 OT 2021

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Re: Upset Alert: 🚨 Is FAIRLAND a trap game?!! 👀

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:23 am I think the secondary played better because #3 was out there more this week they will come around though. I feel like to have dealt with what they have and starting out with the other 2 big dogs in SEO and being 2-0 they have nothing to be upset about every year Pendleton has been here they have committed a ton of penalties honestly and they usually turn the ball over a lot also but they come out with a win so maybe that’s part of the reason it doesn’t get fixed like it should.
Yup. #3 made a diff in secondary. Gives em more experience than they would have had. And the linebackers are very good. Fairlands not gna be able to run the ball and thats gna be that.

Ironton 28
Fairland 3

The ovc is horrendous

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Week 3 Fairland @ Ironton

Post by Ironmen98 »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:51 pm Look,Ironton did not play well against Jackson.Did they have something to do with it? Absolutely.Jackson is solid,but I still think the Tigers are better.Its still early in the year.Time will tell.Total respect. :)
Ironton isn’t the monster they’re hyped up to be. They’re just not

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

I’ll take ironton 35-13.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

wobycat and RBH23,
The most dominant lower division teams in Ohio for many years now have been Kirtland and the MAC schools. To deny that you were lucky not to play them is just plain stupid. That burg team was very good - but not some all-time team for the ages. They struggled to win a couple of those playoff games.
I will admit these debates are just conjecture - like who would have won between the '27 Yankees and the '76 Reds. No one knows for sure. But, I feel extremely confident that wheelersburg would have been thumped.
And you use Cal Preps to support what you're saying ?!?! Laughable.

You question my knowledge of football. I question your knowledge of the English language. You used "you're" when you should have used "your".

Some (not all) of you burg fans are absolutely delusional.

Whiplash
Waterboy

Post by Whiplash »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:58 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:07 pm Seen Fairland play west, seen Ironton play Jackson.

Not understanding why anyone thinks this game will even be close, but maybe it's me not seeing it .
Both sides trying to hype it up.

Its 2 teams w 2 wins each, over marginally talented opponents.
And one team is clearly better. The ovc is awful.
YOU literally started this thread to hype this game up. Wasn’t that the point?

And have you gotten to the point where your giving Ironton crap for being 2-0 while only beating Burg and Jackson? SMH

I have my opinion on the game. But I already posted it on the other thread. You know….the one that is exactly like this one.

CAT21
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT21 »

Whiplash wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:52 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:07 pm Seen Fairland play west, seen Ironton play Jackson.

Not understanding why anyone thinks this game will even be close, but maybe it's me not seeing it .

And have you gotten to the point where your giving Ironton crap for being 2-0 while only beating Burg and Jackson? SMH

I have my opinion on the game. But I already posted it on the other thread. You know….the one that is exactly like this one.
My thoughts exactly, he contradicts himself :lol:

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Whiplash wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:52 pm

I mean it looks like you have decided all the why's. At any rate is overexaggerating necessary to hype it up? All the practical questions & such ain't enough?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:19 pm Ironton comes off two emotional back to back weeks after a dramatic conclusion to their pre season. At home 1 week before Moellar. Is Fairland a trap game?

Could Ironton get shocked at home friday night?
You love IRONTON SCENARIOS!

1. Come on over. Everyone else enjoys IHS.

2. Chilli dawgs are not good unless they’re made in Ironton.

3. M-O-E-L-L-E-R. (Held back on correcting your
M-O-E-L-L-A-R) spelling headline from Before. So, there it is…
all spelled out for future reference.

4. Too many onions for you & HOLD the mustard!

IHS will show up.
Fhs Will too.

The best of two will win!

All in fun dawg!

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:32 am
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:19 pm Ironton comes off two emotional back to back weeks after a dramatic conclusion to their pre season. At home 1 week before Moellar. Is Fairland a trap game?

Could Ironton get shocked at home friday night?
You love IRONTON SCENARIOS!

1. Come on over. Everyone else enjoys IHS.

2. Chilli dawgs are not good unless they’re made in Ironton.

3. M-O-E-L-L-E-R. (Held back on correcting your
M-O-E-L-L-A-R) spelling headline from Before. So, there it is…
all spelled out for future reference.

4. Too many onions for you & HOLD the mustard!

IHS will show up.
Fhs Will too.

The best of two will win!

All in fun dawg!
1. Chilli
2. Cheese
3. What? No hot sauce?

Kinda joint is this? Smh 😂

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

You got burned & need no sauce of any kind.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:49 am You got burned & need no sauce of any kind.
You might have sensitive taste buds. Use to bland food.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:38 pm
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:35 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:32 pm

Agree 💯. Ironton would get smashed by most teams in Jackson’s region. D3 region 11 is brutal. This ironton team isn’t near what Burg was in 2017.
Well, tbh, I dont think burg was that great in 2017 either. They were ok. Didnt really play anybody though.
You’re off your rocker. That’s burgs best team in their history and beat two teams that year that would beat the pants off of ironton the past two years.
Ironton’s 81 team would beat Burgs 2017 team like a drum.. and most of those guys are in their late 50’s…😂

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

LockHerUp wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:43 pm wobycat and RBH23,
The most dominant lower division teams in Ohio for many years now have been Kirtland and the MAC schools. To deny that you were lucky not to play them is just plain stupid. That burg team was very good - but not some all-time team for the ages. They struggled to win a couple of those playoff games.
I will admit these debates are just conjecture - like who would have won between the '27 Yankees and the '76 Reds. No one knows for sure. But, I feel extremely confident that wheelersburg would have been thumped.
And you use Cal Preps to support what you're saying ?!?! Laughable.

You question my knowledge of football. I question your knowledge of the English language. You used "you're" when you should have used "your".

Some (not all) of you burg fans are absolutely delusional.
That’s your response? A grammar mistake? You’re way off on what you said. That Burg team was
One of the best defensive teams I have seen any lower division.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paulcrew wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:56 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:38 pm
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:35 pm

Well, tbh, I dont think burg was that great in 2017 either. They were ok. Didnt really play anybody though.
You’re off your rocker. That’s burgs best team in their history and beat two teams that year that would beat the pants off of ironton the past two years.
Ironton’s 81 team would beat Burgs 2017 team like a drum.. and most of those guys are in their late 50’s…😂
What were they graduating a class back then 250? They should beat them.

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

Wow this went really far off topic all 6 pages. LOL

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

wobycat, are you honestly saying that burg wasn't VERY fortunate in that they didn't have to play Kirtland or any MAC schools ?!?!
That's all I said in that initial post. We can differ in our opinion on would have happened if they did have to play any of those powers in 2017. But, you can't say they didn't have a relatively easy path that year.
My personal opinion is that they would've been blown out had they played those teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

LockHerUp wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:57 am wobycat, are you honestly saying that burg wasn't VERY fortunate in that they didn't have to play Kirtland or any MAC schools ?!?!
That's all I said in that initial post. We can differ in our opinion on would have happened if they did have to play any of those powers in 2017. But, you can't say they didn't have a relatively easy path that year.
My personal opinion is that they would've been blown out had they played those teams.
They weren’t fortunate at all. They had three very difficult games. Columbus academy was about like last year’s harvest prep. They steamrolled Johnstown Monroe in the regional and then had to play middle town Madison who had the biggest defensive line in d5 that year. Then played Eastwood who I think was probably the favorite in the game.

Burg had the X factor in tanner holden. He made plays in both those last games that only certain players can make

I would put the argument that ironton 2019 run outside of kirtland was too easy. Ridgewood was good then but their all state qb was just a sophomore at the time.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think Ironton straightens things out and takes this game.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Fairland at Ironton thread filled with Burg/Ironton trash talk hahaha.

FairLand will play and battle. But not near enough to beat Ironton at home.

28-7 Itown….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

If Ironton can clean up the penalties that have plagued their offense in weeks 1 and 2 this game will be out of reach early. Ironton is able to throw the ball successfully when they are in a good down and distance. Hard to sustain drives consistently when you have 1st and 15, 2nd and 20 as often as they have been. I look for the tigers to clean it up, end the evening 3-0 with a 35-6 victory.

Return to “Football”