WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

scott1297
All Conference

Re: WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

Post by scott1297 »

Burg4 wrote:
CavalierAlum05 wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Dontreply, ur a chump. I went back and checked some of your post. U sound like a salty fan, maybe burg smacked your team around or something? IDK.. But since you wanna know.... Burg tried to schedule several schools. None were afraid as you say, IDK what the specifics are. I do know that cable Midland, Wayne, and Huber hight all turned us down. Ashland, beachwood, and Johnson Central all turned us down.. Olentangy, pickerington. And Svsm all turned us down. At any rate, burg wouldn't have these schedule problems if other schools weren't OK with being mediocre..

You do realize that those schools you tried to schedule have nothing to gain by beating a 3 stoplight town on the river right? i mean Huber Heights, Olentangy, Pick Central, ASVSM... really? You would get stomped. You think you're really good down there, So you want to try against a school with 1,500 kids to choose from? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Cav guy makes a point...IMO, most teams in southern Ohio are weak and they don't provide enough competition to prepare for playoffs. The bigger schools have nothing really to gain, scheduling is always an issue, and there is a decent shot that they would get knocked off by The Burg. Best offense and defense Burg has seen so far is in practice. We know that Cav guy and his amigos expect very little from us when we get back up there to them, so we have to significantly improve every week!

I agree with him on one thing. We do have 3 stoplights. I thought it was 4, but I drove around and counted.

GO BURG!
you forgot the red light by krogers lol

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

maniac66 wrote:Burg easy in this ge.
Burg is to well coached and balanced to lose to NCH.
Burg should go 10-0 with Jackson probably being their toughest game.
I would not over look waverly they are as good or better than jackson this year I'm a die hard burg fan graduated from burg but we do need a couple good games and I'm hoping jackson and waverly provides burg with good compitition

Burg grad 85
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

wow you folks actually have a sense of humor! I expected to get to wake up to a storm of name calling! so, respect to laughing it off.

Back to my point though.

No reason so schedule schools outside MAYBE D3. Take Coldwater for example. Your nemesis correct? Look at their schedule. Just 1 D4 school.
Schedule some D4/5/6 powerhouses. No dissrecpect to the kids, but going up against just about any OCC school would be a nightmare. I know this from experience! Chillicothe was D1/2 while i was in school and we couldnt really comepte in the OCC. we went 1-9,5-5,5-5,5-5 while i was in school. We ended up getting out because of declining enrollment and honestly, we just didnt belong. We did go 9-1 in '99 and i think we won the OCC in 1988? We have a good amount of D1 athletes at the next level too.

STAY AWAY FROM D3 or better!!

For the record. MY cavs are not that great. i am not a fan of Hinton. we waste talent around here.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Coldwater is very lucky because they don't really have to worry about scheduling. Seems like they always start off with a very good Kenton program then they have 4-5 of the top lower school teams in there own conference. A lot of top teams aren't going to schedule burg, not because of the competition but more like travel, just trying to work in open dates and so on. Some possibilities cabel midland, Ashland, new catholic, Chillicothe, bishop Hartley, col ready

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

2015-Started Ironton Win 14-6, Fairland Win 42-8, Portsmouth Win 42-0... (After 3 games last year, Burg 98- Opponents 14)
2016-Starts Ironton Win 49-6 (Led 42-0 at half), Fairland Win 38-7, Portsmouth Win 45-0 (Led 42-0 at half)... (After 3 games, Burg 129- Opponents 13)

Most of the 129 points has come the first half of those games, those scores could have been as bad as Burg wanted, but lots of underclassmen have had some great experience in the 3 games thus far...It's not unreasonable that the Burg scores could have ended up in the 70's-80's those games...

How good is Burg and where will they finish? Unknown.

The players and coaches sure know how it felt when they were losing 28-6 at halftime vs. Coldwater last November, and Burg will be significantly better Week 11 then they are now. Going to be a fun ride during the next 2.5 months!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:wow you folks actually have a sense of humor! I expected to get to wake up to a storm of name calling! so, respect to laughing it off.

Back to my point though.

No reason so schedule schools outside MAYBE D3. Take Coldwater for example. Your nemesis correct? Look at their schedule. Just 1 D4 school.
Schedule some D4/5/6 powerhouses. No dissrecpect to the kids, but going up against just about any OCC school would be a nightmare. I know this from experience! Chillicothe was D1/2 while i was in school and we couldnt really comepte in the OCC. we went 1-9,5-5,5-5,5-5 while i was in school. We ended up getting out because of declining enrollment and honestly, we just didnt belong. We did go 9-1 in '99 and i think we won the OCC in 1988? We have a good amount of D1 athletes at the next level too.

STAY AWAY FROM D3 or better!!

For the record. MY cavs are not that great. i am not a fan of Hinton. we waste talent around here.
You're not from Ironton. Lol. We can take it in stride. We know we lack some things and are always willing to take one on the chin to learn something new. Coldwater is the program in D5. To say they aren't great is laughable. They reload every year. We know better. But thanks for the info.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

JTEK wrote:Coldwater is very lucky because they don't really have to worry about scheduling. Seems like they always start off with a very good Kenton program then they have 4-5 of the top lower school teams in there own conference. A lot of top teams aren't going to schedule burg, not because of the competition but more like travel, just trying to work in open dates and so on. Some possibilities cabel midland, Ashland, new catholic, Chillicothe, bishop Hartley, col ready

I would love to see Chilli match up against Wheelersburg. Mediocre D3 vs D5 powerhouse. Would be a good game i think. Chilli unfortunately has a pretty loaded schedule every year, for now.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:
JTEK wrote:Coldwater is very lucky because they don't really have to worry about scheduling. Seems like they always start off with a very good Kenton program then they have 4-5 of the top lower school teams in there own conference. A lot of top teams aren't going to schedule burg, not because of the competition but more like travel, just trying to work in open dates and so on. Some possibilities cabel midland, Ashland, new catholic, Chillicothe, bishop Hartley, col ready

I would love to see Chilli match up against Wheelersburg. Mediocre D3 vs D5 powerhouse. Would be a good game i think. Chilli unfortunately has a pretty loaded schedule every year, for now.
We do scrimmage them every year.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

P(irate) wrote:
CavalierAlum05 wrote:

Nice! Shows how much I follow the blue and white. What was the outcome? 7 on 7?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
CavalierAlum05 wrote:

Nice! Shows how much I follow the blue and white. What was the outcome? 7 on 7?
It was a full scrimmage. We scored 3 to their 1. It's ten plays a piece 4 rotations. Personally I think burg and chilli would be a good match up!

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

See where Warrensville Heights (D-5, R17) is playing Belfry this season. About a 350 mile trip one-way. It's week 8, explains why they were not able to do a home and home with 'Burg. Burg needs new games for week 2 and 4, which is what I guess they got with the Columbus team for 2017.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg4 wrote:2015-Started Ironton Win 14-6, Fairland Win 42-8, Portsmouth Win 42-0... (After 3 games last year, Burg 98- Opponents 14)
2016-Starts Ironton Win 49-6 (Led 42-0 at half), Fairland Win 38-7, Portsmouth Win 45-0 (Led 42-0 at half)... (After 3 games, Burg 129- Opponents 13)

Most of the 129 points has come the first half of those games, those scores could have been as bad as Burg wanted, but lots of underclassmen have had some great experience in the 3 games thus far...It's not unreasonable that the Burg scores could have ended up in the 70's-80's those games...

How good is Burg and where will they finish? Unknown.

The players and coaches sure know how it felt when they were losing 28-6 at halftime vs. Coldwater last November, and Burg will be significantly better Week 11 then they are now. Going to be a fun ride during the next 2.5 months!
We were just downright beat by the better team. Outplayed, outcoached. U name it. It just sucks that the ohsaa like they always do. They dropped the ball. The two best teams in the state and u have them playin in the semi finals. Come on. I know they always want a private school in the finals but not having the two best teams in the finals. Just imagine the money that would have made.

I can guarantee that we are not the same team they rolled last yr. If we meet up again this yr with CH20 it will be a different game

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Ptguard wrote:See where Warrensville Heights (D-5, R17) is playing Belfry this season. About a 350 mile trip one-way. It's week 8, explains why they were not able to do a home and home with 'Burg. Burg needs new games for week 2 and 4, which is what I guess they got with the Columbus team for 2017.
I also heard that we picked up dayton chaminade julienne. Personally I wouldn't care if we pick up newe games wks 1-4. We don't get much help from fairland and haven't got much from ports. They haven't beat us since like 07. 6 straight over ironton. We need to do something to get us ready to face teams like CH2O

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Mad-Dogg wrote:It just sucks that the ohsaa like they always do. They dropped the ball. The two best teams in the state and u have them playin in the semi finals. Come on. I know they always want a private school in the finals but not having the two best teams in the finals. Just imagine the money that would have made.

I can guarantee that we are not the same team they rolled last yr. If we meet up again this yr with CH20 it will be a different game
Wheelersburg was one of the two best teams? Based on what? Because the scores from the final two weekends don't support that.

Wheelersburg was huge up front last year. They could knock people off of the football. Running backs were better and the quarterback, though not as fast, was tougher between the tackles. Wheelersburg was a power spread team.
This year they are a finese team. If you look at the teams that have been able to play with Coldwater the last few years they are teams that can run the ball effectively and has great athletes on the back end of their defense to compete with Coldwater's passing game.
Coldwater will single cover Bivins and Doerr with better athletes and take Holden away. The running lanes that have been there for Dyer so far won't be there. You aren't gonna beat Coldwater at their game. If this game happens it will be ugly.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Oak wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:It just sucks that the ohsaa like they always do. They dropped the ball. The two best teams in the state and u have them playin in the semi finals. Come on. I know they always want a private school in the finals but not having the two best teams in the finals. Just imagine the money that would have made.

Wheelersburg was one of the two best teams? Based on what? Because the scores from the final two weekends don't support that.

Wheelersburg was huge up front last year. They could knock people off of the football. Running backs were better and the quarterback, though not as fast, was tougher between the tackles. Wheelersburg was a power spread team.
This year they are a finese team. If you look at the teams that have been able to play with Coldwater the last few years they are teams that can run the ball effectively and has great athletes on the back end of their defense to compete with Coldwater's passing game.
Coldwater will single cover Bivins and Doerr with better athletes and take Holden away. The running lanes that have been there for Dyer so far won't be there. You aren't gonna beat Coldwater at their game. If this game happens it will be ugly.
I don't think it would be as ugly as people think... I don't think burg would beat cold water but I think they can compete. Probably a 2-3 score game.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

The burg coaching staff does a very good job adjusting to what teams do after they have played them once. The last Hartley game shocked a lot of people in this area that thought Harley was going to steam roll the burg. the burg went toe to toe with a perrienial state powerhouse.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Mad-Dogg wrote:for everyone makin the trip u better get there EARLY if u want a seat in their small visitor section. the only bright side to makin this trip is after the game u can make a trip to the other end of cincy and watch elder vs st ed

north college hill hs.jpg

LOOKS LIKE YOU BURG FELLERS N GALS BETTER BE SOME OF THE FIRST 57 PEOPLE THERE, OR BRING A FOLDIN CHAIR.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
vincent_chase
Waterboy

Post by vincent_chase »

Is every Wheelersburg thread going to be about playing Coldwater, who they need to schedule, and how weak their schedule is?? Let it go people, A matchup with Coldwater is miles a way. They seem to be beefing up their schedule as much as they can in the coming years, you can only do so much. It is not like you can just call anyone and say lets play, a lot of things have to align. They can't fix their schedule this year and can't replace teams. So can we please let this go and take it one game at a time and talk about things that are currently happening, those are real, not hypotheticals.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

vincent_chase wrote:Is every Wheelersburg thread going to be about playing Coldwater, who they need to schedule, and how weak their schedule is?? Let it go people, A matchup with Coldwater is miles a way. They seem to be beefing up their schedule as much as they can in the coming years, you can only do so much. It is not like you can just call anyone and say lets play, a lot of things have to align. They can't fix their schedule this year and can't replace teams. So can we please let this go and take it one game at a time and talk about things that are currently happening, those are real, not hypotheticals.
One game at a time...that's what's going on...gotta look at the big picture though...

Let's see VC....Coldwater is #1 in Division 5 right now, Burg is #2 in Division 5 right now...

Only team to beat Burg in last 2 years is Coldwater...

Burg works harder everyday to get better in case they get the opportunity to meet the best team again...

Yeah, VC, I think Coldwater will remain in the conversation.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:for everyone makin the trip u better get there EARLY if u want a seat in their small visitor section. the only bright side to makin this trip is after the game u can make a trip to the other end of cincy and watch elder vs st ed

north college hill hs.jpg

LOOKS LIKE YOU BURG FELLERS N GALS BETTER BE SOME OF THE FIRST 57 PEOPLE THERE, OR BRING A FOLDIN CHAIR.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”