WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by Bleeding Red »

chicken_coop wrote:We can argue for days, nothing is going to change fellas....some feel it was a bad call, some dont.

Good Luck next week, hope Butcher comes back and you represent the conference well.

Coop you are always a class act. No hard feelings toward you. And you are right. Minford people are going to see him coming up short, Valley people will be talking about getting cheated.

Both teams played hard without their starting QB's and it was a gutsy call going for 2 from the Valley sidelines. Like I said before, hopefully with Coal Grove losing tonight it will spring them both into the playoffs.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Congratulations Minford!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

HERD07 wrote:On demand replay at: http://www.valleyls.org/highschool/inde ... Itemid=111

Sorry for the audio problems in the first quarter. It was a great hard fought game by both teams. Looks like many people will be interested in the 1 hour 56 minute mark :)
You all do a very nice job broadcasting the games and should be proud of the quality of your broadcasts. Too bad more schools don't do this.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:We can argue for days, nothing is going to change fellas....some feel it was a bad call, some dont.

Good Luck next week, hope Butcher comes back and you represent the conference well.

Coop you are always a class act. No hard feelings toward you. And you are right. Minford people are going to see him coming up short, Valley people will be talking about getting cheated.

Both teams played hard without their starting QB's and it was a gutsy call going for 2 from the Valley sidelines. Like I said before, hopefully with Coal Grove losing tonight it will spring them both into the playoffs.

Eitel is updated and it has Valley, Coal Grove, and Caldwell all fighting for one spot. Everyone else has either clinched or is eliminated, so I guess with a miracle we're in....but from what I've looked at....we're done. Guess we'll know "officially" in a day or so..

Good Luck to all the SOC teams...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Well I can assure you Valley is ten times better than Coal Grove (as we already saw this year) and Caldwell.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
HERD07 wrote:On demand replay at: http://www.valleyls.org/highschool/inde ... Itemid=111

Sorry for the audio problems in the first quarter. It was a great hard fought game by both teams. Looks like many people will be interested in the 1 hour 56 minute mark :)
You all do a very nice job broadcasting the games and should be proud of the quality of your broadcasts. Too bad more schools don't do this.
I agree, they do a tremendous job with their production. I love how they show replays from a different camera angle without editing.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:Well I can assure you Valley is ten times better than Coal Grove (as we already saw this year) and Caldwell.

Kicker is....that does nothing for us... :? But thats football..

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Yes it is sad to see Valley DESTROY Coal Grove, and then Coal Grove possibly gets in because they beat a terrible Greenup Co team that gets equivalent DIII points when converted to OHSAA.

What a joke.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

looked to me like he was across the goal line,and was on top of another player , and not down....

thats some good video, a real clear veiw

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:Yes it is sad to see Valley DESTROY Coal Grove, and then Coal Grove possibly gets in because they beat a terrible Greenup Co team that gets equivalent DIII points when converted to OHSAA.

What a joke.

Eitel is updated....Coal Grove is in, Valley is out.

CG will finish with 16.9
Valley will finish with 16.1

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i have not read any of this thread, i was sent this link to see what i thought. first off personally i'd have kicked the extra point. too much on the line with the playoffs and all.

secondly i gotta commend coach crabtree for having the cajones to go for 2 , and the win.

and thirdly the ball was obviously over the goal line. the video shows it clearly. and the runner was never down, and it could not have been in question , because he was on top of other players therefore not down.

my verdict. valley hit on the 2 piont conversion. and it was a bad call, because they clearly made it.

with that said congratulations to both squads on amazing years. hope both of you get in. if that play keeps valley out it is a cruel injustice to the indians.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i have not read any of this thread, i was sent this link to see what i thought. first off personally i'd have kicked the extra point. too much on the line with the playoffs and all.

secondly i gotta commend coach crabtree for having the cajones to go for 2 , and the win.

and thirdly the ball was obviously over the goal line. the video shows it clearly. and the runner was never down, and it could not have been in question , because he was on top of other players therefore not down.

my verdict. valley hit on the 2 piont conversion. and it was a bad call, because they clearly made it.

with that said congratulations to both squads on amazing years. hope both of you get in. if that play keeps valley out it is a cruel injustice to the indians.

Valley is out YTB...it's all but official on Joe Eitel

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Bleeding Red wrote:Yes it is sad to see Valley DESTROY Coal Grove, and then Coal Grove possibly gets in because they beat a terrible Greenup Co team that gets equivalent DIII points when converted to OHSAA.

What a joke.
I agree. There is a flaw in the system there. CG should not be in and Valley should be after how bad they beat CG and then CG loses to Chesapeake, who Valley pounded too. That is a shame.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that is not the point it was an officials call that cost valley. i don't have a dog in the fight. i just am commenting on what i saw, which was the td, and 2 point conversion only.not the game, which i did not see.justs the facts man.

Buckeye_demon32
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye_demon32 »

Minford will get smoked again in the playoffs for the second straight year.....garunteed

If yates plays that game is over at halftime and valley had a home gm but w/o him they get screwed out of a playoff berth by the refs

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Buckeye_demon32 wrote:Minford will get smoked again in the playoffs for the second straight year.....garunteed

If yates plays that game is over at halftime and valley had a home gm but w/o him they get screwed out of a playoff berth by the refs

I understand your frustration, I do....but again it's not the Minford kids fault, and they got the W. It happens in football sometimes, so not much you can do. We've got 3 SOC teams in the playoffs in Reg 19, and another in Reg 15, and I think SV in Reg 23..

Lets get behind the SOC teams as they make a run toward the state!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

good point.

congrats , and good luck to minford, looks like both teams played a heck of a ball game tonight

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Buckeye_demon32 wrote:Minford will get smoked again in the playoffs for the second straight year.....garunteed

Will you come and WATCH next week? Maybe you should stick your nose in a SPELLING book instead.

At least we make the playoffs........do I really have to go there?

Sorry Coop, but some idiot fans are asking for it.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Just wondering when the last time was, if ever, that the SOC II had 4 teams at 8-2?

Return to “Football”