September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:47 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:40 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:37 pm

Jackson handed Wheelersburg a touchdown with the bad snap and punt , the penalties took 3 points off the board , and also clean up the deep pass defense and Burg probably don’t score.
Burg gave you three turnovers. Plus I think the penalties actually hurt burg. Jackson pinned burg back with the punt. If they kick it, burg at least gets it at 20 on the ensuing kick off. The 3 points wouldn’t have made a difference at that point. I’m not trying to take away Jackson win but I’ve talked to someone close to Jackson team and they believe they stole one.
Stole one 😂, it was 14-0 and Jackson had a breakdown in the secondary, then a bad snap had Jackson punting from their end zone giving Burg the ball at Jackson’s 40 which resulted in a touchdown , penalties took 3 points off the board. Jackson was the better team and has been for a while , thus the 4 game won streak over Wheelersburg.
I didn’t say it. They did. I agree they were the more talented team last three years. But I don’t believe that’s the case this year. I think burg was as good as Jackson this year.
Last edited by wobycat on Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

All Wheelersburg has to do to get better is be one of the best two teams in the state. Just copy and paste Kirtland and Marion Local and they will be better tomorrow. Block, tackle, take care of the football and they’ll win every game forever and ever.

Maybe it’s a bit more complex?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:29 pm All Wheelersburg has to do to get better is be one of the best two teams in the state. Just copy and paste Kirtland and Marion Local and they will be better tomorrow. Block, tackle, take care of the football and they’ll win every game forever and ever.

Maybe it’s a bit more complex?
Or we could get a bunch of transfers in every year. I see that helps quite a lot with Ironton.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

If you build it, they will come

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:22 pm Have you ever thought Wheelersburg always played weaker teams for all those years to start the season and then run rough shod thru SOC, besides occasionally Waverly or West. It was a cake walk seasons. Where they avoided the better teams in area for years until they thought they had better players..
They’ve been playing Jackson for a very long time. They’ve also been playing IHS for quite a while now. Their schedule has not changed much. The talent of the teams they play hasn’t changed much.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

As someone mentioned before, so what about the Portsmouth transfer on Burgs team, without his yardage and play making, Wheelersburg offense wouldnt even be where there at right now. I see that has helped quite a lot with Wheelersburg. So that means the talent has changed for Wheelersburg then, if im reading you right! Jackson won the game ,so i say Jackson is better team this year!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:39 pm As someone mentioned before, so what about the Portsmouth transfer on Burgs team, without his yardage and play making, Wheelersburg offense wouldnt even be where there at right now. I see that has helped quite a lot with Wheelersburg. So that means the talent has changed for Wheelersburg then, if im reading you right!
No. Typical burg team. Coaches coaching up what they have. Yes Portsmouth kid came to burg and he’s definitely helping. Great talent. I’m not going to act like it doesn’t help. But we are talking one kid, right?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Thats all it takes 1 kid! LOL

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:39 pm As someone mentioned before, so what about the Portsmouth transfer on Burgs team, without his yardage and play making, Wheelersburg offense wouldnt even be where there at right now. I see that has helped quite a lot with Wheelersburg. So that means the talent has changed for Wheelersburg then, if im reading you right! Jackson won the game ,so i say Jackson is better team this year!
Nope. Talent is the same as well. Burg’s never produced many D1 prospects. Only one college power five D1 kid ever.

I will repeat myself: turnovers and sloppy play is what has changed.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:44 pm Thats all it takes 1 kid! LOL
He’s a nice player but let’s not act as if the next Randy Moss just showed up.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I will repeat the D has given up 20 pts a game right! I hope not these are 16-18 year old high school kids!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:46 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:44 pm Thats all it takes 1 kid! LOL
He’s a nice player but let’s not act as if the next Randy Moss just showed up.
Again, that’s a very lazy analysis.

McNich started one drive at the one and another at the eleven. That’s 10 points, or 3 per game, right there.

IHS and Jackson started multiple drives inside the Burg 40 due to turnovers.

Not sure why you are unable to get this, but turnovers determine game outcomes.
- Against IHS, Burg was -2 giving IHS over a 70% chance of winning.

- McNich: Burg was -2 not including the botched punt that put the ball at the one. Again, over 70% chance of McNich winning

- Jackson: Burg was -3 in this game giving Jackson over an 80% chance of winning.

This really is not complicated. If a team turns it over more than their competitor, more often than not, they will lose. It’s that simple.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

For years the Burg has had a problem with holding penalties, take away good gains. Put boxing gloves on the players who can't play without holding.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Cade Wolford was the best player on the field and he stepped up and did what a Captain should. Was out sick all week but when the chips were down he stepped up. I wouldn’t trade sophomore quarterbacks so I’m not sure Burg was the better team. Didn’t appear so during the game.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

You have to give credit to other teams defense for taking advantage of miscues from offense. Give recognition to opposing teams for recovering the fumbles or causing the team to fumble , jump off sides. I give credit to both sides, defense stepping in to intercept a pass or hard hit causing fumble. is it hard to say the other team was just plain better and quit making excuse to why you lost. You lost, Other teams won, so for last 5 years your saying these teams that beat you really wasn’t that good and Wheelersburg should won those games, I got it!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:12 pm You have to give credit to other teams defense for taking advantage of miscues from offense. Give recognition to opposing teams for recovering the fumbles or causing the team to fumble , jump off sides. I give credit to both sides, defense stepping in to intercept a pass or hard hit causing fumble. is it hard to say the other team was just plain better and quit making excuse to why you lost. You lost, Other teams won, so for last 5 years your saying these teams that beat you really wasn’t that good and Wheelersburg should won those games, I got it!
Bingo

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Ironman98, where I come from, we were taught You Win with humility and lose with Dignity. That’s my lazy analysis! One excuse after another gets old hearing! But great win for the Jackson Ironmen and Congrats to the Head Coach and his assistant. Western Brown will be a challenge this week, good luck! Hope you guys win your league also.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:12 pm You have to give credit to other teams defense for taking advantage of miscues from offense. Give recognition to opposing teams for recovering the fumbles or causing the team to fumble , jump off sides. I give credit to both sides, defense stepping in to intercept a pass or hard hit causing fumble. is it hard to say the other team was just plain better and quit making excuse to why you lost. You lost, Other teams won, so for last 5 years your saying these teams that beat you really wasn’t that good and Wheelersburg should won those games, I got it!
Ugh!! Feel like I’m talking to a wall.

Burg has a turnover problem. Not just the Jackson game but all three games this year. They’ve also had turnover problems for the past five years. This is a CHRONIC problem, not a one game event. If this was just a one game occurrence, then yes, you could make the claim that the other team was the reason for this. Burg is doing this over and over and over…

I’ve explained what I think the reasons for this are. I spelled out the type of offense they should run given their personnel to minimize turnovers. The Burg coaches are hellbent on being a pass heavy team regardless of the the risks and outcome.

Turnovers are not an excuse for losing, they are a big reason for it. It’s basic math. Not hard to understand for anyone. Even easier to understand by anyone who has ever played the game or coached the game.

This really is not that hard to understand.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

It sure isn’t! Good Luck, let me know how it goes when you explain this to Wheelersburg Coach’s! I will be waiting to hear how your game plan works out! I hope they give you a chance to lay out your game plan to all involved. Northwest should be a good time to test your theory’s out! So since it’s basic math, everyone should understand your concept on running a football team! Good Luck!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:04 pm It sure isn’t! Good Luck, let me know how it goes when you explain this to Wheelersburg Coach’s! I will be waiting to hear how your game plan works out! I hope they give you a chance to lay out your game plan to all involved. Northwest should be a good time to test your theory’s out! So since it’s basic math, everyone should understand your concept on running a football team! Good Luck!
Everyone does understand the impact of turnovers on football games. Every coach, player, fan at every level of football understand this.

Everyone except you!

Return to “Football”