fbnut
SEOP

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by fbnut »

Fan Friday wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:42 am
fbnut wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:58 am
Truthful wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Can’t blame him there + seemed to work well for her A+ Parenting
State Championship, State Runner Up, full ride. Great move. The young lady was a class act, great teammate . She would have been fine no matter where she played highschool ball. If you want a chance to compete for a state championship in softball the burg isn’t a bad place to be right now😄
I think you may want to re read what I posted. I don’t blame him a bit for transferring his daughter. But don’t talk about other kids that may transfer because of this mess that the BOE has made. It’s not just the athletic department that is in chaos. It’s the educational system also. Now re read what I actually wrote and I think you will understand. And by the way, I wasn’t sure that this was the girls dad, but thanks.
I didn’t miss anything. I didn’t say anything negative about your post. All I stated was from the outside looking in it appears that move worked out well for the young lady.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

OVC wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:10 am
Fan Friday wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:19 pm
Truthful wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Don’t blame him. There is huge difference in a kid leaving a school because it would be better for her, then say someone who gets mad every year and threatens to leave if his kid is not put in the spot he wants him at. But if you have transferred your child how can you pass judgment on any other player that wants to get out of this chaos that the BOE has caused. Not because of coaching, but because here we are almost May and still have no football coach and waiting on the 4th choice to be hired. How could the BOE expect this young man who has never been head coach be prepared in 4 weeks before Football starts? 🙄
Worked pretty well for Coal Grove last year. Pretty sure there's been other school's in the past it's worked for.
Worked out for Coal Grove but many at Coal Grove were upset at some of what the coach was doing. Moving some players around to different positions. Players, parents and fans need to understand that. Just like running the same offensive play a few times or more in the game. With not much to show for it. Setting it up for another play. Every play does not need to be a TD. Which is what some fans only see. Give the coaches time to build on plays. As well as getting the players to learn how the coaches want them to play every play.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:54 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:37 am so will this hire be official at a meeting tonight. or is it already official. I'd really like to know that definitely.
Bait.....that is a golden question right there........40pages of talking......and almost 6mnths timeframe......and that simple question you just asked....remains unanswered........
It is not official until the minutes of the meeting the person is hired are approved at the next Board Meeting.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Unless you get a new recruiter to go with the new head coach and assistant you will have the same think that all of the OVC schools have had for years. A great team that comes along only once in a while and mediocre teams the rest of the time is what you will have. Welcome to everyone else's football programs! Without the Lawrence County all stars Ironton will be the same as everyone else! Good Luck to the new coach though, I hope the Ironton faithful give him a chance!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Meeting tonight I have been told.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

farmer wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 am [quote=OVC post_id=<a href="tel:1661951">1661951</a> time=<a href="tel:1524564634">1524564634</a> user_id=3747]
[quote="Fan Friday" post_id=<a href="tel:1661935">1661935</a> time=<a href="tel:1524539958">1524539958</a> user_id=14121]
[quote=Truthful post_id=<a href="tel:1661931">1661931</a> time=<a href="tel:1524538215">1524538215</a> user_id=13991]

Success will silence a lot of the criticism

Don’t blame him. There is huge difference in a kid leaving a school because it would be better for her, then say someone who gets mad every year and threatens to leave if his kid is not put in the spot he wants him at. But if you have transferred your child how can you pass judgment on any other player that wants to get out of this chaos that the BOE has caused. Not because of coaching, but because here we are almost May and still have no football coach and waiting on the 4th choice to be hired. How could the BOE expect this young man who has never been head coach be prepared in 4 weeks before Football starts? 🙄
[/quote]

Worked pretty well for Coal Grove last year. Pretty sure there's been other school's in the past it's worked for.
[/quote]

Worked out for Coal Grove but many at Coal Grove were upset at some of what the coach was doing. Moving some players around to different positions. Players, parents and fans need to understand that. Just like running the same offensive play a few times or more in the game. With not much to show for it. Setting it up for another play. Every play does not need to be a TD. Which is what some fans only see. Give the coaches time to build on plays. As well as getting the players to learn how the coaches want them to play every play.
[/quote]

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

I meant to say , success will silence the criticism!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

farmer wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:07 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:54 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:37 am so will this hire be official at a meeting tonight. or is it already official. I'd really like to know that definitely.
Bait.....that is a golden question right there........40pages of talking......and almost 6mnths timeframe......and that simple question you just asked....remains unanswered........
It is not official until the minutes of the meeting the person is hired are approved at the next Board Meeting.
it is my understanding that is this evening at 5:30

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

osumufan wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:10 am Unless you get a new recruiter to go with the new head coach and assistant you will have the same think that all of the OVC schools have had for years. A great team that comes along only once in a while and mediocre teams the rest of the time is what you will have. Welcome to everyone else's football programs! Without the Lawrence County all stars Ironton will be the same as everyone else! Good Luck to the new coach though, I hope the Ironton faithful give him a chance!
I've grown so tired of hearing about the Lawrence county all stars, which is what they call ironton. and the Scioto county all stars in the burg. not a personal knock here at all farmer. it was just in your post.

we need to get over the fact there is open enrollment, unless they just shut it down. the golden rule is he who has the gold , makes the rules. right now that is burg. and they are ready to outgrow their division, because of it. it was the fighting tigers who have been AA d3, d4, d5, and flirting with d6. it matters little to me anymore. it did not happen when I was in school, but has since changed. I too hope that ironton gives him a chance. and I'm gonna say something here burg fans will lose their cookies over. but they are the majority of the posters on this topic anyway. ------------------------------ THIS HIRING OF TREVON PENDLETON IS A BIG RED TARGET ON THE BACK OF THEM PIRATE JERSEYS, BECAUSE THAT IS THE MAIN GOAL HERE. BECAUSE IF WE CAN BEAT BURG, WE'LL BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH ANYBODY OUR SIZE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AND IT SQUARLEY PUTS A BULLSEYE ON THE ENTIRE OVC. CAUSE WE'LL HAVE GOT THIS RIGHT , FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO LET'S GET BACK TO (FIGHTING TIGER) FOOTBALL AGAIN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IT MAY NOT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT, BUT IT WILL HAPPEN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IT MAY NOT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT, BUT IT WILL HAPPEN.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I heard assistants have already been hired and only head coaching position is being considered. I don't get that at all. I also heard it was the reason Grizzle turned down the offer. He wanted his own assistants. I hope I am wrong about this. Not being in charge of your staff puts a head coach in a tough situation from the get go.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Who all has a chair like this? :D GO TIGERS......

102_5816.JPG

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

Nice

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

79Tiger wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:28 pm I heard assistants have already been hired and only head coaching position is being considered. I don't get that at all. I also heard it was the reason Grizzle turned down the offer. He wanted his own assistants. I hope I am wrong about this. Not being in charge of your staff puts a head coach in a tough situation from the get go.
I do know for a fact that’s false. My source is interviewing for his staff and said he gets to pick his entire staff and he’s bringing people with him as well. He also may have a teaching position available to where he can hire an assistant from out of town to fill the position. Hearing he has a couple interviews set up with college guys looking to get on his staff that would make more money at Ironton as a teacher/coach than coaching small college.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd love to have one.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

irontonguy2018 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:45 pmNice
The chair was made and raffled off the first time Coach Lutz retired (hence the 367 wins)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TOUGH wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:48 pm
79Tiger wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:28 pm I heard assistants have already been hired and only head coaching position is being considered. I don't get that at all. I also heard it was the reason Grizzle turned down the offer. He wanted his own assistants. I hope I am wrong about this. Not being in charge of your staff puts a head coach in a tough situation from the get go.
I do know for a fact that’s false. My source is interviewing for his staff and said he gets to pick his entire staff and he’s bringing people with him as well. He also may have a teaching position available to where he can hire an assistant from out of town to fill the position. Hearing he has a couple interviews set up with college guys looking to get on his staff that would make more money at Ironton as a teacher/coach than coaching small college.
that's what I'm talkin about no way this cat accepts this job with a pre-selected staff.
ain't gonna happen.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:49 pm
irontonguy2018 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:45 pmNice
The chair was made and raffled off the first time Coach Lutz retired (hence the 367 wins)
I remember that. did you win it.

Return to “Football”