2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Pendleton - New Ironton Head Football Coach

Post by formerfcfan »

fbnut wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:25 pm I think he will do fine if he is given the time. I wouldn’t be as concerned that this is his first head coaching job but it would worry me that I think he has only had 1 year coaching experience period. Someone mentioned Woodward, he was an assistant in college for a year, asst at Gallia a year and an asst at burg for 5 years before he became a head coach. I know Johnson coached under his dad for a while but not sure how long.
Johnson coached under his dad for 7 years, I believe. Liberty Union was an absolute force when him and his dad were coaching. Very well-learned, while also seasoned coach in Johnson.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Fan Friday wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:04 am
wobycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:42 am One more thing, assistant coaches are very valuable if not as valuable as the head coach. In my opinion, Burg is the standard in that department.
Absolutely agree! So the head coach needs to surround himself with strong, motivated and knowledgeable people! Not men who get on a sports thread and bash every Tom, Dick and Harry and then expect young boy/men to respect that kind of person. It won’t happen, because if he’s that kind of person behind a screen, it will come out on the field. You can’t hide that kind of crazy!
exactly. and from what I'm hearing he is surrounding himself with experience, lots of it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:42 am One more thing, assistant coaches are very valuable if not as valuable as the head coach. In my opinion, Burg is the standard in that department.
I agree, there is no way to dispute that currently.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:40 pm Lutz was 25/26 when he was hired at ISJ.
His Flyers were predicted to finish ahead of only Symmes Valley in the OVC. ISJ and Lutz proved everyone wrong winning the OVC championship
Sometimes the right coach can make a huge difference simply with discipline and hard work
exactly the point I was trying to make dutch.
thank you.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

wobycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:13 am When was Bob Lutz Hired?
What was his first year's record?
What was the population of Ironton when he was hired?
How long was it before he went to state championship game?

Other than age, right now that's all that the two have in common. He may turn out to be a great hire but some think they have returned to their glory days.
Lutz won a total of 2 state titles in 30 plus years. Two.

Only two.

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:52 pm
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:40 pm Lutz was 25/26 when he was hired at ISJ.
His Flyers were predicted to finish ahead of only Symmes Valley in the OVC. ISJ and Lutz proved everyone wrong winning the OVC championship
Sometimes the right coach can make a huge difference simply with discipline and hard work
thank you.
But he only won two titles in 30 plus years?

Know why? Because Ironton doesnt have the horses. The end.

BTWN_THE_LINE
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:50 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:04 am
Absolutely agree! So the head coach needs to surround himself with strong, motivated and knowledgeable people! Not men who get on a sports thread and bash every Tom, Dick and Harry and then expect young boy/men to respect that kind of person. It won’t happen, because if he’s that kind of person behind a screen, it will come out on the field. You can’t hide that kind of crazy!
exactly. and from what I'm hearing he is surrounding himself with experience, lots of it.
Well one that is rumored is on this site slamming kids every chance he gets. No respect for a grown man that does things like that! I hope he sees through him!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

4th and iches wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:49 am I do have one question .. if Pendleton is the next greatest thing why didn’t west try and keep him ?
West has a good coach, what in the world would they do with 2 outstanding coaches..........but you seem to have all the answers when it comes to Ironton football so maybe you can answer your own dumba$$ question........

Truthful Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Truthful Tiger »

Fan Friday wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:33 am
TCat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:20 am This is all so comical.
TOUGH tried to pin his identity on another guy, but it's obvious that he is either Pendelton or his brother. Which in itself is totally unprofessional.

Playing football at any level doesn't make you a coach. Playing for a great coach doesn't make you a coach. Pendelton was an excellent player and I'm sure he is highly motivated and knows the game. But he has never been more than a position coach before for 1 season at a small high school. He has never had to be responsible for anything outside of himself. He's never had to deal with administration, Mommies, Daddies, or adversity when your the one people come to for answers. That's when you'll see if the guy can coach.

And he was the 4th choice for the job. So Ironton did settle for him after other candidates turned them down.
Tough is neither of those men. He is Game Day and he was a coach at Ironton at one time for a year. He is certifiable. I pray that he is not part of the staff that will be hired. If he is I know several kids that will not be playing football. Someone said who it was, but since then I believe he had the post taken down. I will say this I’ve been told that the weight room is full of energy and the kids that have always worked hard are loving it. Hoping this new coach isn’t a fooled by this fool and stays far away from him! He’s done nothing, but ridicule Ironton for years because he was let go. Don’t need fans or coaches like that! Which if you have noticed, we ain’t heard a peep out of Game Day for some time now!

Truthful Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Truthful Tiger »

Truthful Tiger wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:56 pm [quote="Fan Friday" post_id=<a href="tel:1663798">1663798</a> time=<a href="tel:1525440783">1525440783</a> user_id=14121]
[quote=TCat post_id=<a href="tel:1663792">1663792</a> time=<a href="tel:1525440031">1525440031</a> user_id=14171]
This is all so comical.
TOUGH tried to pin his identity on another guy, but it's obvious that he is either Pendelton or his brother. Which in itself is totally unprofessional.

Playing football at any level doesn't make you a coach. Playing for a great coach doesn't make you a coach. Pendelton was an excellent player and I'm sure he is highly motivated and knows the game. But he has never been more than a position coach before for 1 season at a small high school. He has never had to be responsible for anything outside of himself. He's never had to deal with administration, Mommies, Daddies, or adversity when your the one people come to for answers. That's when you'll see if the guy can coach.

And he was the 4th choice for the job. So Ironton did settle for him after other candidates turned them down.
Tough is neither of those men. He is Game Day and he was a coach at Ironton at one time for a year. He is certifiable. I pray that he is not part of the staff that will be hired. If he is I know several kids that will not be playing football. Someone said who it was, but since then I believe he had the post taken down. I will say this I’ve been told that the weight room is full of energy and the kids that have always worked hard are loving it. Hoping this new coach isn’t a fooled by this fool and stays far away from him! He’s done nothing, but ridicule Ironton for years because he was let go. Don’t need fans or coaches like that! Which if you have noticed, we ain’t heard a peep out of Game Day for some time now!
[/quote]
[/quote]
Truthful Tiger wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:56 pm
TCat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:20 am This is all so comical.

This one year coach at Ironton = PAUL “STUMPY” WHEELER. If you’re looking for a coach, you don’t want this guy! More to come

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Truthful Tiger wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:11 pm
Truthful Tiger wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:56 pm [quote="Fan Friday" post_id=<a href="tel:1663798">1663798</a> time=<a href="tel:1525440783">1525440783</a> user_id=14121]
[quote=TCat post_id=<a href="tel:1663792">1663792</a> time=<a href="tel:1525440031">1525440031</a> user_id=14171]
This is all so comical.

[/quote]
Truthful Tiger wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:56 pm

This one year coach at Ironton = PAUL “STUMPY” WHEELER. If you’re looking for a coach, you don’t want this guy! More to come
[/quote]

I pray he is not being considered!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Other than age, right now that's all that the two have in common. He may turn out to be a great hire but some think they have returned to their glory days.

Only two.
HOW MANY HAS YOUR TEAM WON. MOST PROGRAMS WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE 2 STATE TITLES. GO PLAY IN THE TRAFFIC CARL.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:04 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:52 pm
thank you.
But he only won two titles in 30 plus years?

Know why? Because Ironton doesnt have the horses. The end.

./quote]

I BET YOUR FAMILY WOULD NOT LET YOU PLAY IN THE SANDBOX, BECAUSE THE CATS KEPT COVERING YOU UP.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BubbleGumTiger wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:03 pm
4th and iches wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:49 am I do have one question .. if Pendleton is the next greatest thing why didn’t west try and keep him ?
West has a good coach, what in the world would they do with 2 outstanding coaches..........but you seem to have all the answers when it comes to Ironton football so maybe you can answer your own dumba$$ question........

GIVE THAT POSTER A CEE---GAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WON.

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Ironton is a program rich in tradition that has been down. Ironton fans have to realize things will never be the same as they were, and setting lofty expections is just setting your coach up for failure. Ironton can still field good teams, but as been said the declining population has the enrollment at a level where the talent will never be what it was 10, 20, 30 years ago. Raceland, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, and Wheelersburg's improvements will also hinder because players will no longer transfer there like before. If fans do not accept that then Pendelton's tenure will be considered a failure.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TCat wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:41 am Ironton is a program rich in tradition that has been down. Ironton fans have to realize things will never be the same as they were, and setting lofty expections is just setting your coach up for failure. Ironton can still field good teams, but as been said the declining population has the enrollment at a level where the talent will never be what it was 10, 20, 30 years ago. Raceland, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, and Wheelersburg's improvements will also hinder because players will no longer transfer there like before. If fans do not accept that then Pendelton's tenure will be considered a failure.
Anytime I read something like “Wheelersburgs improvements”, I get a kick out of it. Burg has had like one losing season since like the 1970s. Ironton and burg for a long time were not comparable in school size. But ya success has nothing to do with ironton decline.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Your tight I don, it’s becaize they didn’t need him and you idiots think he’s the next Bob Lutz ,

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

4th and iches wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:23 am
Your tight I don, it’s becaize they didn’t need him and you idiots think he’s the next Bob Lutz ,
Wrong, us idiots know there will never be another Bob Lutz.......I wont be back as I realize I am talking to the mentally challenged........ :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you getting that too I see bubble gum. no there will never be another like him. for any team.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Only two.
that's 2 more than most coaches in this state

Return to “Football”