WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by NewEra »

chicken_coop wrote:
NewEra wrote: He didn't get in, and even if he would have, we would have just put Slone back at QB and marched down the field and scored in the final 1:30.

Of course he didnt...and of course they would have....7 points the whole game, but no problem getting another 6 in 1:30....

Yeah and we wouldn't of had to use a gimmick play to do it.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

NewEra wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:
NewEra wrote: He didn't get in, and even if he would have, we would have just put Slone back at QB and marched down the field and scored in the final 1:30.

Of course he didnt...and of course they would have....7 points the whole game, but no problem getting another 6 in 1:30....

Yeah and we wouldn't of had to use a gimmick play to do it.
100% correct

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Christmas came early to the Falcons enjoy it ! Anyways Good Luck in the playoffs .

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Wonder how the Minford faithful would have reacted if that call would have gone against them and kept them out of the playoffs? I am guessing riots in the streets. One thing is for sure... you can't blame the Minford fans or players. They are not the ones who made the call.

I thought the game was very hard-hitting but quite sloppy. Neither team could open up their playbooks much. Both kept running the same plays over and over. I guess that is to be expected when both teams are playing without their starting qB's. It would have been nice to have seen both teams at full strength.

I have seen Minford 3 times this year. I think they are a very good football team, but they would be much better if they could stay away from the costly penalties. They seem to be moving right down the field and then their drives get stopped by penalties. Has this been a problem all year long or just a coincidence on the games I have seen?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

chicken_coop wrote:
ON THE ROCKS wrote:Also not one ref showed TD...thats what makes me think the knee hit the ground...

the back judge who was shaking his head yes is not allowed to signal TD....his job is to say yes or no as to if the ball crosses the line...in this instance he is shaking his head yes CLEARLY to the linesman, who comes running in...he was ready to put his hands up...but the FAR linesman away from the play comes running is with the no good signal, how he saw it better than the ref who was 2 feet away, I dont know.....as I have stated, it's all HISTORY now.

Actually that was the umpire shaking his head. Truthfully his job is to stand there and let the wing officials make the call. HE isnt supposed to shake his head yes or no he just stands there and looks to the wings to make the call.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I'm going to throw my two cents in. Just got done watching the video of the play. The whole situation was a farce. Not even gonna go there.
Congrats to Minford on another playoff year. They were darkhorses with their only real quality win coming against a watered down Oak Hill team and now against a watered down Valley team. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good I guess. Not saying they aren't talented or that they don't deserve to be where they are.
I had a gut feeling during the season that Valley would drop 2 of the 3 big
SOC2 games and it happened unfortunately. As a previous poster said, their non-conference schedule with the exception of CG was abysmal. No way should they be playing Huntington every year. Playing 4 OVC teams doesn't help at all either,
especially the likes of SP and RH. Add on to that Waverly and NW and you have very little room for error. It's time the SOC2 started scheduling SEOAL schools. Those are playoff points ripe for the picking! Keep CG and Chesapeake and add a paper giant or two from the SEOAL.

minfordfan
Waterboy

Post by minfordfan »

fuzzhead wrote:I'm going to throw my two cents in. Just got done watching the video of the play. The whole situation was a farce. Not even gonna go there.
Congrats to Minford on another playoff year. They were darkhorses with their only real quality win coming against a watered down Oak Hill team and now against a watered down Valley team. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good I guess. Not saying they aren't talented or that they don't deserve to be where they are.
SOC2 games and it happened unfortunately. As a previous poster said, their non-conference schedule with the exception of CG was abysmal. No way should they be playing Huntington every year. Playing 4 OVC teams doesn't help at all either,
especially the likes of SP and RH. Add on to that Waverly and NW and you have very little room for error. It's time the SOC2 started scheduling SEOAL schools. Those are playoff points ripe for the picking! Keep CG and Chesapeake and add a paper giant or two from the SEOAL.

OMG are you saying that it was pure luck that we won??? If u go to the Valley school website click on vsn and watch the game you will clearly see that #14 stopped the kid from making the 2 point conv. and the ball simply fell out of his hands...OH my, how bout give the kids some credit, they played their hearts out to win this game and thats exactly what happened! Sounds like your just a sore loser! :oops:

minfordfan
Waterboy

Post by minfordfan »

minfordfan wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:I'm going to throw my two cents in. Just got done watching the video of the play. The whole situation was a farce. Not even gonna go there.

OMG are you saying that it was pure luck that we won??? If u go to the Valley school website click on vsn and watch the game you will clearly see that #14 stopped the kid from making the 2 point conv. and the ball simply fell out of his hands...OH my, how bout give the kids some credit, they played their hearts out to win this game and thats exactly what happened! Sounds like your just a sore loser! :oops:
BTW, WERE U THE ONE RUNNING NAKED DOWN THE FIELD??? MAYBE UR EYES WERE JUST A BIT FROSTBIT LIKE SOME OTHER PARTS AND YA JUST COULDNT SEE......LOL :122246

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

On to week 11!

This one is in the books. Let Valley fans debate it all they want. Hopefully they will support their fellow SOC schools next weekend in the playoffs. If they want to be sore and not support the local teams, oh well. Their choice.

Valley fans are going to say he was in, Minford fans say he didnt make it. Really doesnt matter what either thinks and there is NO CLEAR view of the goal line. Speculate all you want. Minford is now focusing on Nelsonville York.

Falcons2297
Waterboy

Post by Falcons2297 »

Valley might have made it to the playoffs if they didnt look around to find the biggest cupcake schedule to play, then when they get to the good soc II teams they are like wow we arent really as good as we thought we were, they get used to beating the huntington ross teams by 40 and not used to playing tough close games. Go schedule oak hill or something and quit crying about why you didnt make the playoffs when your 8-2, strength of schedule has ALWAYS been a problem for valley

waverly34
Waterboy

Post by waverly34 »

no minford fan can honestly try and deny it.....brice crabtree got that 2 point conversion...valley should have won and yall know it it shoulda been 8-7 because the man was in the endzone

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The problem with Valley's schedule is they play way too many team from the OVC Conf. A team should never schedule more than 2 team from the same conference. Really, I just like one team scheduled from a conference. Huntington Ross hasn't won a game in 2.5 years so it's time for them to go. Minford already has Piketon, so Adena, Westfall or Zane Trace would be good teams that usually win 5 or more games, but only schedule one of them.

I know the Adena AD and I know he'd love to have Valley in the first 3 weeks, and if Valley had a win over Adena, we wouldn't be worried about this. Then we have the OVC, I would only keep Coal Grove, as they’re usually a good test. I would try and get one from Hillsboro's league. Then one from Nelsonville, Athens or Alexander in the TVC. Then get Notre Dame, Green, or East from the SOC I. So that's 5 teams from different conferences that no other SOCII teams plays more than once.

The problem is when you have 4 teams from the same conference you will automatically lose two games every week. Then you put that in with North West and one SOCII team having an off year (Waverly) it really hurts you, put H. Ross going 0-26 and that's why you're out. At the very least you want a team you know that can win at least 4 games and those games should be against someone you don't play yourself.

DrillMaster
Waterboy

Post by DrillMaster »

After watching the film on VSN a couple issues jumped out, throughout the game the linesman and line judge were sloppy on pinching in especially on a few plays where ground caused the fumble and ruling the play dead which is just poor mechanics which was something stressed this year from OHSAA with the 2pt conversion the player lunges and reaches the ball toward the goal line, knees or elbows did not hit and the player should have been down when the ball made contact with the ground which appeared to be simultaneously with the rest of his body. the umpire assisted with trying to inform his wing (line judge) that the player broke the plane of the goal line, the line judge (in position at the goal line but sloppy on quickly pinching the play) should have been able to see the runner's knees in relation with the ball with affirmation from the umpire to rule on the play, The linesman in this case comes from across the field to rule on a play that is not his call, nor is there anyway he could have seen "leather" from his position, to rule the play unsuccessful. The Linejudge with the Umpire conferring should have overruled the Linesman and made the correct call with NFHS signal #5 2pt conversion successful

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

DrillMaster wrote:After watching the film on VSN a couple issues jumped out, throughout the game the linesman and line judge were sloppy on pinching in especially on a few plays where ground caused the fumble and ruling the play dead which is just poor mechanics which was something stressed this year from OHSAA with the 2pt conversion the player lunges and reaches the ball toward the goal line, knees or elbows did not hit and the player should have been down when the ball made contact with the ground which appeared to be simultaneously with the rest of his body. the umpire assisted with trying to inform his wing (line judge) that the player broke the plane of the goal line, the line judge (in position at the goal line but sloppy on quickly pinching the play) should have been able to see the runner's knees in relation with the ball with affirmation from the umpire to rule on the play, The linesman in this case comes from across the field to rule on a play that is not his call, nor is there anyway he could have seen "leather" from his position, to rule the play unsuccessful. The Linejudge with the Umpire conferring should have overruled the Linesman and made the correct call with NFHS signal #5 2pt conversion successful

And you saw ALL of that from the video when I cant see his knees or the goal line when I watch it....LMBO!

You sir, are amazing. I cant wait to see what your next 100 posts say since you are gracing us with your genius intellect after just 2 posts.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

waverly34 wrote:no minford fan can honestly try and deny it.....brice crabtree got that 2 point conversion...valley should have won and yall know it it shoulda been 8-7 because the man was in the endzone

He wasnt in. Time to quit crying over it.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Looked to me like he was in and I could care less about either team.

DrillMaster
Waterboy

Post by DrillMaster »

Bleeding Red wrote:
DrillMaster wrote:After watching the film on VSN a couple issues jumped out, throughout the game the linesman and line judge were sloppy on pinching in especially on a few plays where ground caused the fumble and ruling the play dead which is just poor mechanics which was something stressed this year from OHSAA with the 2pt conversion the player lunges and reaches the ball toward the goal line, knees or elbows did not hit and the player should have been down when the ball made contact with the ground which appeared to be simultaneously with the rest of his body. the umpire assisted with trying to inform his wing (line judge) that the player broke the plane of the goal line, the line judge (in position at the goal line but sloppy on quickly pinching the play) should have been able to see the runner's knees in relation with the ball with affirmation from the umpire to rule on the play, The linesman in this case comes from across the field to rule on a play that is not his call, nor is there anyway he could have seen "leather" from his position, to rule the play unsuccessful. The Linejudge with the Umpire conferring should have overruled the Linesman and made the correct call with NFHS signal #5 2pt conversion successful

And you saw ALL of that from the video when I cant see his knees or the goal line when I watch it....LMBO!

You sir, are amazing. I cant wait to see what your next 100 posts say since you are gracing us with your genius intellect after just 2 posts.

Its the 4" wide white line running from sideline to sideline, Sir, You can see the ball hit the purple, Hence the purple is beyond the goal line, hence it breaks the plane (See how that works) Since the ball made contact with the (purple) at the same time with the body (from the video) I would say it is good :razz: , explain the umpire reaction when he was looking to his wing (linejudge)confirming to him what he saw. BECAUSE HE SAW IT GOOD. If you can't see that then that explains alot.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

DrillMaster wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

Its the 4" wide white line running from sideline to sideline, Sir, You can see the ball hit the purple, Hence the purple is beyond the goal line, hence it breaks the plane (See how that works) Since the ball made contact with the (purple) at the same time with the body (from the video) I would say it is good :razz: , explain the umpire reaction when he was looking to his wing (linejudge)confirming to him what he saw. BECAUSE HE SAW IT GOOD. If you can't see that then that explains alot.

Oh yeah! I watched it again and its all clear now. HE WAS IN! From the looks of it, he stretched the ball almost to the BACK of the end zone and his entire body looks completely upright and IN the end zone. For a moment I thought the initial hit came about 3 yards deep inside the endzone and then they drove him out of the endzone. Its all clear now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Boy Valley got hosed!

Can you feel the sarcasm?

Is What It IS
Waterboy

Post by Is What It IS »

looked liked he was in to me too oh well maybe you'll get another crack at Oak Hill or even better THE BURG,

Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

looked liked he was in to me too! :122246

Return to “Football”