Rusty Richards is officially the next HC of the Nelsonville-York Buckeyes!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Rusty Richards is officially the next HC of the Nelsonville-York Buckeyes!

Post by noreply66 »

Glad this happened before this school year ended.

GO BUCKS

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

You Trimble people on here have been laughing and joking about the "PE teacher" coming back to coach. Well your gonna get your worst nightmare cause he's baaaaaaacccckkkkkk! The DC that you all got your digs in on is back too. So I'll predict the litter will be kicked out of the wee cats next year. I'll also go out on a limb and predict that "the PE teacher" will be part of another undefeated Buckeye run against the kittens.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

http://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/l ... 65159.html

Richards hired as N-Y football coach
By Kevin Wiseman Messenger sports editor

NELSONVILLE — The Nelsonville-York football program has been in an unfamiliar place for the past three months.

The successful program known for churning out winning campaigns went more than 45 seasons with only three full-time head coaches leading the way.

The Buckeyes have been without a head coach since the 2015 season came to a conclusion, however. That ended on Wednesday night.

The Nelsonville-York School Board approved Rusty Richards to be the head coach of the football program at February’s meeting.

Richards said taking the job is a no-brainer.

“There’s a great tradition here,” he said. “I’m honored to have the job and look forward to building on the tradition and keep it going. It’s been a good program.

“Why wouldn’t I want to coach here? It’s an honor to follow the Bostons and build on their success. I look forward to getting started.”

Dave Boston Sr. was the program’s only coach until he retired following the 1992 season. Kevin Meade — Boston’s son-in-law — led the way from 1993 until 2002.

Dave Boston Jr. took over in 2003 and continued the winning, going 86-46, winning seven Tri-Valley Conference Ohio Division titles and making the playoffs eight times.

Boston Jr. resigned on Sept. 22, and Earich Dean filled in on an interim basis for the rest of the season. The Buckeyes went 1-9, losing all six games after Boston Jr. left the program.

Board President Micah Covert said that 48 people applied — including one from India and another from Canada. Nine were interviewed, leading to Richards’ hiring on Wednesday.

Richards is a 1994 graduate of Trimble High School, and served on Trimble head coach Phil Faires’ staff for the last 11 seasons.

Despite his obvious ties to the arch-rival Tomcats, Richards is a 7th grade history teacher in the Nelsonville-York district. He’s taught all of the current Buckeyes and is able to dive in head-first on the football job.

“I know the kids, and that’s a plus,” Richards said.

Boston Jr. continued to serve as the school’s Athletic Director and weight conditioning coach throughout the fall and winter sport seasons.

On Wednesday, the school board also accepted Boston’s resignation from those two positions, effective on March 18, 2016.

Boston has also been the Athletic Director since 2003.

Amanda Dalton will serve as the Interim Athletic Director, starting on Thursday.

Dalton coached the girls basketball program from 2009 through 2015, winning the program’s only district title in 2014.

Messenger staff journalist Sarah Guinn contributed to this report.

[/size]

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Word on the street in glouster this morning is that NY is getting the wee cats second in command from their defensive staff too. The peewee and junior high coach that Phil replaces them with will be easy to outcoach. early pick:

Buckeyes 40
Trimble 0

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

The question is will this be the thing that drives Phil out of coaching? He has to know it's down hill from here. His top two coaches walked out on him and over to the good side of the hill. He knows they were the brains of the operation. Does he really think the youth league coaches he brought in can replace those two? Surely not. NY will now have all the secrets that the wee cats used to beat them 3 out of the last 4 years so the domination NY had in the series in the 90's will look smallish compared to what is about to ensue. :mrgreen:

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Good Luck to the new version of NY football!

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

First of all, congrats Rusty. But those of you joking about the new guys Phil is bringing in you must not know who he actually has on board yet

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
TShep17
JV Team

Post by TShep17 »

First off great hire by Nelsonville-York

I played for Coach Richards when he was at Southern he has great knowledge of the game the kids will enjoy playing for him as I did I don't have anything bad to say about him except I wish had him as a coach my last two years his passion for the game is few and far between he will do great couldn't be happier for him

Good Luck to Nelsonville and Coach Richards

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

TShep17 wrote:First off great hire by Nelsonville-York

I played for Coach Richards when he was at Southern he has great knowledge of the game the kids will enjoy playing for him as I did I don't have anything bad to say about him except I wish had him as a coach my last two years his passion for the game is few and far between he will do great couldn't be happier for him

I am having trouble remembering the exact years he was at Southern? I am thinking early 2000's.

Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

Trimble will lose to Ny this year not because of the coaches but the players. Trimble losing a lot and Ny has a lot back. To beat davie and the Bucks before Trimble would just load the box and dare him to throw which he wouldn't so result was a L.
Helen Keller can see the future is brighter at Ny, anything less then 8-2, 9-1 would be disappointing. To good of kids coming back.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Corso wrote:Trimble will lose to Ny this year not because of the coaches but the players. Trimble losing a lot and Ny has a lot back. To beat davie and the Bucks before Trimble would just load the box and dare him to throw which he wouldn't so result was a L.
Helen Keller can see the future is brighter at Ny, anything less then 8-2, 9-1 would be disappointing. To good of kids coming back.
The non league schedule isn't a cake walk lol

We have to be careful not to set the standard for next season to high. 6 or 7 wins will be a very successful season next year. They could do a lot better and the talent is definitely their.
I think the numbers will be up and it will be nice to have a little more depth as well.
It should be an exciting year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

6 or 7 wins??? C'mon man. Should roll out of bed with that many.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Best of Luck to Coach Richards! Go Bucks! Who exactly is the PE teacher? Boston Sr.? McLaughlin? Meade? Hurd? Taggart? Lol they all taught PE from what I understand. Please post who his assistants end up being. Thanks! Best of luck to Coach Davie! Thanks for your service! Would love to see another 10-0 season in Buckeye Land!

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

I would take those two so called pee wee coaches any day.Two of the top players to ever played at Trimble and also played in college.That's what I call a good hire.Hope Richards does well at NY.except for 1 week out of the year.I think that's what most Trimble faithfully want for him.I personally am glad of the change its the best for all party's.Things was getting out of control and to heated.But you NY people think Phil's two new guys are not capable of doing the job your wrong.Not going to be stupid on here and say Trimble will pound NY next year because with the talent they have coming back would be .But after next year their should be about 4 to 6 years of some good old smash mouth football between these two schools.Don't expect it to be like the 90s like one poster said on here just because of your new coach.

:roll: cats :roll:
TShep17
JV Team

Post by TShep17 »

MeyerSpread wrote:
TShep17 wrote:First off great hire by Nelsonville-York

I am having trouble remembering the exact years he was at Southern? I am thinking early 2000's.
You are correct 2000 and 2001 I remember also the league being loaded I think Eastern, Trimble, Miller and Waterford went to playoffs both those years

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck to the new coach Mr. Rusty Richards and his Buckeyes.

sum_it_up89
Waterboy

Post by sum_it_up89 »

ttomcat 80 wrote:I would take those two so called pee wee coaches any day.Two of the top players to ever played at Trimble and also played in college.That's what I call a good hire.Hope Richards does well at NY.except for 1 week out of the year.I think that's what most Trimble faithfully want for him.I personally am glad of the change its the best for all party's.Things was getting out of control and to heated.But you NY people think Phil's two new guys are not capable of doing the job your wrong.Not going to be stupid on here and say Trimble will pound NY next year because with the talent they have coming back would be .But after next year their should be about 4 to 6 years of some good old smash mouth football between these two schools.Don't expect it to be like the 90s like one poster said on here just because of your new coach.
The Cats record the past 3 seasons was 37-4. I am not sure what is so out of control about that. I'll give you until about week 2 and you will be trashing on the new coaches just like you trash the old ones. Its real easy to coach from the stands like you do.

Late at night, setting a sign in your yard!
CATillac
Waterboy

Post by CATillac »

I'm in the dark I reckon, but I'm confused what exactly was out of control and getting too heated? What I do know is that the two people pushing most of the buttons during what was without a doubt the most successful 5 year run in Trimble History are gone. How and why did this happen. Hope these new guys are as good as advertised. We've been informed that they were great players and played college ball, but what are their coaching credentials? Any experience?

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

No way Trimble can replace what they just lost and that will rear its ugly head in week 1. If the young bucks get rolling in the rest of the offseason, this thing will get ugly early. Take that to the bank. The orange crush defense will be dominant in the new scheme.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Pitstop Billy wrote:No way Trimble can replace what they just lost and that will rear its ugly head in week 1. If the young bucks get rolling in the rest of the offseason, this thing will get ugly early. Take that to the bank. The orange crush defense will be dominant in the new scheme.
I think anyone that knows anything about football knows Trimble is the underdog this year against NY, but the Cats football team will be fine for years to come. You can take that to the bank

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes

Return to “Football”