Week 2 - Jackson (0-1) @ Waverly (0-1)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

28Buck
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2 - Jackson (0-1) @ Waverly (0-1)

Post by 28Buck »

Jackson gets the W

Mohawk06
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk06 »

i was at the waverly piketon game and i will make this statement on waverly if they dont learn how to tackle they will have a hard time beating anyone. dont no the kids name but number 30 from piketon was getting hit at the LOS everytime but never got tackle there he broke 2 or 3 tackles everytime he ran the ball. plus jackson normally has a good o-line put a good running back in there he will have as many yards as his coach will let him

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

I think Jackson takes out some frustration on the Tigers.

Tiger 71
Waterboy

Post by Tiger 71 »

I will have to go with Da Tigers, No Da Ironman. :122247

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Coach Hall will have the Ironmen fired up and they will take it out on the Tigers. 32-7

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

One of two things will happen.

First..Jackson will further more prove how overrated they are and lose to a down Waverly team in a tight game.

Or...

Second...Jackson will show that they are for real and take Wavery behind the woodshed.

I look for the latter.
Jackson-35 Waverly-14

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I understand some of the comments against the coaching.......but many times Saturday night the defense for Jackson was in the perfect place.....but often did not execute or didn't handle the one-on-one matchups well.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I'm sure Coach Hall would be the first to admit that he and the staff could have done some things differently on Saturday. In fact, I know that he has already admitted that. Sometimes things just don't go your way and you get outcoached. It can happen to the very best coaches. Learning from it and making sure it doesn't happen again is the key. They'll make the proper adjustments and put their team in the best possible position to win on Friday against Waverly. The kids will work even harder to prepare this week, and I think their effort on the football field will reflect that against Waverly.

Coach Hall and his staff went 7-3 in their first season and got every ounce of effort and success out of the team they had. The loss to Wellston is obviously a setback, but I still have a lot of confidence in the staff at Jackson. They know what they're doing and we're glad to have them. I hate this as much as anyone, but there's no need to overreact.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I dont get it, on the Wellston / Minford thread they are saying Jackson is not very good . Jackson has a good team they will make short work of Waverly.

Watchthegame
Waterboy

Post by Watchthegame »

Mohawk06,

I agree Waverly tackled like a bunch of kids that had never played football before................oh yeah they hadn't.

Give them time.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

boilermaker wrote:I dont get it, on the Wellston / Minford thread they are saying Jackson is not very good . Jackson has a good team they will make short work of Waverly.
The truth is that Jackson didn't look like a very good football team on Saturday night, and Wellston was responsible for that. They had a great gameplan and executed it to near perfection. Jackson couldn't stop the run, couldn't finish off drives, and made too many mistakes. However, I think Jackson is a much better football team than they showed against Wellston. If this team works hard and realizes their potential, I think it could be a great season in Jackson, despite the heart-breaking loss to Wellston. If we continue to see more of the same things that we saw on Saturday, it's going to be a long year. I'm confident that things will work out for the better.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I agree 02. I have no doubt Hall can coach, he did a great job last season. Remember, Jim Tressel coached an Ohio State team against Florida in January of 2007 that was thourough out prepared, out executed, and outworked. I hardly think it means the guy can't coach or even was fully at thought.

I don't think Coach Hall is either. He will have his kids ready to go, and probably will be refocused. The Ironmen could be very dangerous from here on out.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The thing I see with poor tackling is these high school kids doing what they see on TV on Sunday. Ball carriers run with their legs not the shoulders. I see way too many kids trying to hit the runner high thinking they will fall down just from the hit that is laid on them. These kids have to be taught to hit LOW and WRAP.

ji81grad
Riding the Bench

Post by ji81grad »

Many kids are taught that high tackling technique. It is taught that way to avoid injury during practice. Unfortunately the emphasis is on the big hit and not the wrap up. You see alot of that these days.

Sometimes teams can't quite execute the gameplan. It appears the Ironmen fell victim to that Saturday Night. As much as I hate to see my beloved Ironmen fall, this loss is good for the rivalry and could be the motivation to step it up for the remainder of the season.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Have to root for the SOC II here! Strengthen that schedule!

Go tigers!

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

D wakes up this week and makes big plays. :122246 The O rolls over the tigers.Ironmen by 3td's.

Rocket50
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket50 »

Jackson get back on track with a big game from ervin and arthur!

Jackson- 35
Waverly- 6

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

This game should be a close one. Waverly is a very young team who plays with amass of heart, intensity, and pride for what they do. Watching the Piketon game, they did have trouble on the defensive end, but it's week one and I saw a few kids who haven't played for a while, or have never played before. I did see a lot of intensity from Waverly's LB #51. He went hard all game and got a few good plays, not only on the defensive end, but also on special teams. This kid seems like he could be a great leader. Piketon has a really dangerous group of kids on the offensive end. Waverly just wasn't ready for them. But in all honesty, Waverly has a lot of work to do. I have not seen Jackson play, so therefore I will not determine who I think or will win. All I'm going to say is that it will be a hard fought game. Good luck to both teams! I'll be in attendance Friday night.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Lets see. Jackson lost to Wellston for the first time in 20 years. Waverly lost to Piketon for only the third time in school history. Both teams are very upset with themselves as of right now. Both teams should be hungry for a win. Waverly is at home so that helps the tigers but Jackson has got the best of the tigers the past couple of years. Should be a fun game to watch but in the end the Ironmen should be to much for the tigers to handle. IMO

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Waverly 26-21.... Tigers will have to play very very well but I am calling for them to do just that!

Good luck Tigers!

Return to “Football”