Valley 28 Portsmouth 19

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Week 1 Valley @ Portsmouth

Post by Crab's Brother »

Game week is finally here!

I think this game will come down to Portsmouth matching Valley physically. It is obvious that the Trojans have some skill talent and plenty of speed. But the game involves a lot more than speed. I don't think that Portsmouth will be able to grind out first downs and move the ball that way. I think if the Trojans are going to put up points it will be via the big play or turnovers. I think if the Indians are able to wrap up on the edge and take care of the ball on offense and in special teams, I think Portsmouth will have to be great on defense to win. The thing that I have seen over the last few years watching Portsmouth is that do not tackle well at all. The Portsmouth teams that I played against 12-15 years ago were very physical and flew to the ball on defense. That mentality has not been present in the Trojan program over the last several seasons. If the new staff hasn't changed that, Valley will win this game by 10-21 points. JMHO.

Valley 34
Portsmouth 14

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I think you put it best. Not many have the balance that valley has. This team can be special if the young kids live up to such high expectations.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Anyone know what the loud train whistle sound was coming from the school today. Atleast it sounded like it was coming from the school.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

izladoom wrote:Anyone know what the loud train whistle sound was coming from the school today. Atleast it sounded like it was coming from the school.
http://youtu.be/J6_1Pw1xm9U :mrgreen:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think people will be surprised here . I think Portsmouth will win this game in a close game . New attitude in P-town . JMO

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I don't see Portsmouth keeping this close. I'll think Valley's talent and experience from the Seniors and Sophomores are too much. Portsmouth will keep it close at the beginning but Valley will begin to pull away. Crabtree and the boys by +14.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

boilermaker wrote:I think people will be surprised here . I think Portsmouth will win this game in a close game . New attitude in P-town . JMO
Yep, closer than everyone thinks...Portsmouth has a lot of athletes, now if they can translate that into some excitement and some fundamentals along with some solid coaching they will surprise some people. Look for this game to be close well into the 3rd quarter.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I think Portsmouth is greatly improved. But in my opinion, Valley will be too physical and will take away Portsmouths will to play sometime in the 3rd quarter. The only way Portsmouth stays in this game is if Valley has multiple turnovers (which is very possible with a young quarterback)

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

N4da'score wrote:
izladoom wrote:Anyone know what the loud train whistle sound was coming from the school today. Atleast it sounded like it was coming from the school.
http://youtu.be/J6_1Pw1xm9U :mrgreen:

Lol ok if it's what I think it is darn is it loud we heard it inside are house a few miles away lol

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Portsmouth wins despite less conditioned than Valley. Then looses the next week to West.

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

Post by bigcline81 »

Portsmouth is looking alot better then i thought they would this year. I like there offense very quick they get to the line and make everything fast, I think they can make alot teams tired because the offense is no huddle, so as long as are Defense holds up and plays the way they been playing through these scrimmages the Trojans are gonna shock alot people!! Trojans by 7

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

I gotta go with the hometeam. Trojans prevail. Valley hasn't lost a regular season game in two years, am I correct??? It's about time...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

jgordon0315 wrote:I gotta go with the hometeam. Trojans prevail. Valley hasn't lost a regular season game in two years, am I correct??? It's about time...
Correct...Valley has went 24-2 the last 2 seasons including playoffs...good run..

I look for this to be a great game, still going with the Indians

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

boilermaker wrote:I think people will be surprised here . I think Portsmouth will win this game in a close game . New attitude in P-town . JMO
I just wrote the Valley season preview for elitetristatesports.com and they are loaded with returning starters from last year. New attitude doesn't trump experience.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Portsmouth pretty much has everyone back as well I think maybe 5 senior graduated ? That being said doesn't sound like much considering they went 1-9 last season lol. But both teams do return players, Valley obviously more experienced though. Hoping the Trojans can stay in this one. Valley will most likely be the more physical team. Portsmouth probably has more speed. In order for the Trojans to have a chance to win they must block & tackle. Both of those things have been a huge problem for Portsmouth for gosh idk the last 4 or more years. I'll take Portsmouth 27-26 lol. Good luck to Valley this season & Go Trojans!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

It may be a closer game than most think Portsmouth is talented no question about that but will they be up to the Task of playing all 4 quarters and keeping LV from making big plays

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

If I heard correct, Clifford will be working with Roger Gray on the radio broadcast of this game....that could be interesting...

RollTribe09
Waterboy

Post by RollTribe09 »

What defense does Portsmouth actually run? I've heard a 3-3-5 and I also been told 3-5-3.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

4th n Goal wrote:If I heard correct, Clifford will be working with Roger Gray on the radio broadcast of this game....that could be interesting...
Sounds like another episode of Bevis and Butthead ....... :lol:

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Here4Fun wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:If I heard correct, Clifford will be working with Roger Gray on the radio broadcast of this game....that could be interesting...
Sounds like another episode of Bevis and Butthead ....... :lol:
Now that's funny.

Return to “Football”