Waverly(27) @ (31)West

Sports-nut
JV Team

Re: WK 8 SOC 2: Waverly (5-2) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by Sports-nut »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:52 pm
Sports-nut wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:32 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Staggs was tied for interceptions in the state of Ohio
:lol: :lol:
Not sure what is funny about that? Kid has 5 interceptions with 2 I know of being for pick 6's. This has been a bend but don't break defense which always seems to come up with a big turnover or big play in the crunch time.
http://www.maxpreps.com/list/stat_leade ... l&state=oh
You do realize that not all schools post stats to max preps. Don’t you?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Sports-nut wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Not sure what is funny about that? Kid has 5 interceptions with 2 I know of being for pick 6's. This has been a bend but don't break defense which always seems to come up with a big turnover or big play in the crunch time.
You do realize that not all schools post stats to max preps. Don’t you?
Yes I do realize that. And I'm going off of what has been documented. But I can almost guarantee you that his name would be near the top if every team were to post stats.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:43 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:39 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:58 am Waverly run defense in the middle is abysmal for whatever reason. West will run in middle a lot. West wins by three scores. 28-7
I just watched the minford-west game and changed my mind. This one will be a shoot out but west will control enough time of possession to win but I’ll say 42-35 west but I can easily see waverly winning as well.
What in the Minford game makes you think West can't run the ball effectively?
????????? Where does it say that???????????

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Staggs was tied for interceptions in the state of Ohio
5 interceptions is impressive. He should guard butter.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:58 am Waverly run defense in the middle is abysmal for whatever reason. West will run in middle a lot. West wins by three scores. 28-7
I just watched the minford-west game and changed my mind. This one will be a shoot out but west will control enough time of possession to win but I’ll say 42-35 west but I can easily see waverly winning as well.
Because he's from Burg and nobody in the world can run on Burg. Lol. Just ask Coshocton.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:16 pm

Because he's from Burg and nobody in the world can run on Burg. Lol. Just ask Coshocton.
Lol... everyone knows coshocton beat burg last season... the saddest part about you bringing up coshocton is that your team can't beat burg. You live through others teams accomplishments..

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:38 pm

Lol... everyone knows coshocton beat burg last season... the saddest part about you bringing up coshocton is that your team can't beat burg. You live through others teams accomplishments..
Dude is trash BG6.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I agree. He is an idiot. He knows his team is awful. Has probably never beat burg at anything. Has to get his rocks off on others achievements. Haha pathetic.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

After Watching Burg and Waverly, this game could get out of hand. Not scoring, but personal fouls. Waverly was VERY mouthy and chest pumping. While I know Burg does their share of this too at times, West has always been a team that not only doesn't take sh!t, but they feed it back and then some. Between the two teams if they both get into a Pissing contest, the refs might be VERY BUSY!

I still like West in this one 35-21

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This is a game I could see going a number of ways. Where it's at in the schedule you've got Waverly coming off losing multiple kids over last couple weeks and just got it handed to them by burg last week. For West they've surpassed everyone on the outside looking in expectations but do they start to look at that week 10 matchup vs Burg. Let's by real West is watching game this week on Waverly but that opponent they're playing is Burg. So does Waverly man up after that beat down or do they pack it in and for West are they looking ahead. If West struggles in the passing game I won't be at all surprised to see a Waverly upset in this one with West looking ahead. Waverly's injuries are really in the secondary and West likes to run that ball. Believe coaches from Waverly get them fired up for this one and I'm going to take Waverly 35-28 upset special.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

West just needs to focus on one game at a time. Don't look ahead to burg they will be still be there come week 10.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

West always has good pass defenders and good Lb play. Test will be can they get off blocks on quick passes to receivers, Tackle good and limit yards gained. West will run very well if waverly doesn’t shore up dline and have a better run stopping performance by their Lbs

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Neutron Man wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:57 am After Watching Burg and Waverly, this game could get out of hand. Not scoring, but personal fouls. Waverly was VERY mouthy and chest pumping. While I know Burg does their share of this too at times, West has always been a team that not only doesn't take sh!t, but they feed it back and then some. Between the two teams if they both get into a Pissing contest, the refs might be VERY BUSY!

While I won't disagree entirely on past reputation, I will say a lot has changed. A no nonsense coach does not put up with unnecessary penalties. Personal fouls are not tolerated anymore, and players will be taken out of the game. I've seen it happen and that tactic has really seemed to drop the penalty numbers over the past few years.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am just saying that you shouldnt put the cart before the horse buddy.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:44 pm I agree. He is an idiot. He knows his team is awful. Has probably never beat burg at anything. Has to get his rocks off on others achievements. Haha pathetic.
We beat Burg numerous times in numerous sports while I was in high school. Good try though.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Neutron Man wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:57 am After Watching Burg and Waverly, this game could get out of hand. Not scoring, but personal fouls. Waverly was VERY mouthy and chest pumping. While I know Burg does their share of this too at times, West has always been a team that not only doesn't take sh!t, but they feed it back and then some. Between the two teams if they both get into a Pissing contest, the refs might be VERY BUSY!

I don't see how Waverly was anymore more "mouthy and chest pumping" than Burg was. I bet Burg had just as many, if not more, unsportsmanlike penalties thrown on them.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:40 am

I am just saying that you shouldnt put the cart before the horse buddy.
You have brought up coshocton several times... let's talk about that game. If burg didn't fumble 7 times, the most likely win the game..

Now, who has ran on burg this year??

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:44 pm I agree. He is an idiot. He knows his team is awful. Has probably never beat burg at anything. Has to get his rocks off on others achievements. Haha pathetic.
We beat Burg numerous times in numerous sports while I was in high school. Good try though.
Not possible. Burg is the Gold Standard of football. Teams should be greatful to survive the games let alone win. Burg Burg Burg.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Oak wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:41 pm
Not possible. Burg is the Gold Standard of football. Teams should be greatful to survive the games let alone win. Burg Burg Burg.
So many groupies! Jealousy is a sickness boys..

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Best part is.. minford and oak hill are in a race to be the worst football programs...

Return to “Football”