Junior Varsity

TIGER#27
JV Team

Re: Junior Varsity

Post by TIGER#27 »

The Flush wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:51 pm West returned the opening kickoff (plus another KO) for TDs. On West's first KO it was what looked like an unintentional squib kick that a Waverly player just watched for what seemed like 30 seconds as a West player recovered it. I thought it was 22-0 in the 1st quarter. Later West fumbled and a Waverly soccer player playing DB picked it up and was then stripped of the ball and West then returned it for a TD. West #60 is huge and Waverly could not handle him on either side of the ball. Waverly JV didn't tackle any better than the varsity did against West. West was able to run relatively easily.

Waverly threw a couple long TD passes and their RB had several long runs for TDs. Can't recall how many of the TDs were running vs passing. After digging the big hole, Waverly played West about even for the rest of the game. Waverly's QB throws a nice ball, but I think the timing is not there between him and his receivers on the short possession type routes that the varsity relies on. They need more reps (practice and game) together.
Thank you, wish I could have went to this one. With all the scoring it looked like a fun game to watch.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.

Return to “Football”