Site Admin

Re: Minford(7) @ (49)Waverly

Post by mattash »

Minford(7) @ (49)Waverly

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
vladimir
S

Re: WK 9 SOC2: Minford (3-5) Vs. Waverly (5-3)

Post by vladimir »

falcon117 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:47 pm After watching Minford for 8 games this year, I honestly have to say that they are not as bad as their record shows. They beat themselves against Oak Hill and Logan. A team with a new coaching staff and players being relatively young, mistakes are bound to happen. In my opinion, Minford has pretty good skill players, but there is not much you can accomplish with the offensive line they have. The 8th Jr High team's line is bigger than the varsity's. Minford might have the worst line in Scioto county. Winning three games is a miracle with that line. You cannot expect to win games with a new QB with that offensive line. I understand people in Minford have been complaining about the play calling at times. I'm not saying I completely agree with every play that is called, but it has to be difficult to call plays and have faith in the line. Of course the defense has been an issue too, but with a new D-coordinator that is bound to happen in year one. Before everyone in Minford leads a revolt against the coaching staff, look at what is out on the field. I love the Minford community and Minford athletics, but anytime Minford is losing we want to blame the coaches. The people in Minford loved Daniels when he was winning, but when a loss came, they wanted him fired. Look at the product on the field before you want the coaches head on a stick. I can honestly say if Minford had an average line, they would have a wining record this season. Hopefully next year Minford will have a line with some decent size and skill to compete in the SOC.
The underlying attitude contained in this post is what's 110% wrong with the Minford program right now. Accepting defeat, justifying just being mediocre at best, and always looking ahead to next year. First, the reason why the line is so terrible is b/c they are as weak as cats. The reason why they got beat by Oak Hill and Logan in the 4th quarters and OT is b/c they've been trained in fast twitch workouts and anyone with even an elementary understanding of weight lifting knows those are the muscles to tire and give out the fastest. Thus, they're gassed by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. Unless things change in a big way this off season, mainly in the weight room, expect more of the same. The big kids need to get back to power-lifting and bringing home hardware from Kenton in the spring.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”