Portsmouth(42) @ (35)Ironton

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Re: WK10 (4-5) PORTSMOUTH @ (4-5) IRONTON

Post by Mavrick2016 »

A lot of the JV team has played in their two games.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

best game ironton played vass wasnt on sidelines. coincidence?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Trojans win at the Tank.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I would start looking for a coach right after the game against Portsmouth. If they keep this staff to many kids are wanting to leave the staff has lost the kids.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm so sad about how ironton's football season has played out. at one time this was the biggest rivalry in southern ohio -- bar none. they met constantly, and playoffs as well. now there is virtually not even any discussion about it on here. people traveled from all over the state to see Portsmouth/Ironton.now both are meeting as the lower tier of the ovc at 4-5 apiece, and both eliminated from the playoffs even before the game is played. it's frankly almost beyond comprehension to me.ironton and Portsmouth were known everywhere in the state for their football teams. I hope this is the last year of this situation.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hoping to see both teams rise out of the ashes.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if I done my math right coal grove is the supreme being this year in the ovc ain't they. they have already won it outright, right. with their only loss being to west. take nothing from coal grove , they have smashmouth earned it. and deserve to be the champs. great season of football, and great success for a 1st year, young head coach. bright future for hornet football.

but i'll be the 1st to admit after adding ironton, Portsmouth and gahs I never would have thunk it. by my own admission I was dead dang wrong. I thought ironton and Portsmouth would completely be the front runners always. and ironton did win it's 1st 2 years, with mediocre ironton teams. but the county teams are pouring it on. and now we're talking about the lower part of the ovc being ironton, Portsmouth, gahs and south point needing to pick it up to make the league deep. ----------------- never in a million years would I have thought this, truly I did not. but it has been great for the league I think expansion wise. if several teams pick it up , this could be a very deep conference. look at fairland, I believe winless last year, and it came down to them n the grovers for the league title. solid coaching now at the hill, peake fell of some. but they are always consistent.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm if I done my math right coal grove is the supreme being this year in the ovc ain't they. they have already won it outright, right. with their only loss being to west. take nothing from coal grove , they have smashmouth earned it. and deserve to be the champs. great season of football, and great success for a 1st year, young head coach. bright future for hornet football.

but i'll be the 1st to admit after adding ironton, Portsmouth and gahs I never would have thunk it. by my own admission I was dead dang wrong. I thought ironton and Portsmouth would completely be the front runners always. and ironton did win it's 1st 2 years, with mediocre ironton teams. but the county teams are pouring it on. and now we're talking about the lower part of the ovc being ironton, Portsmouth, gahs and south point needing to pick it up to make the league deep. ----------------- never in a million years would I have thought this, truly I did not. but it has been great for the league I think expansion wise. if several teams pick it up , this could be a very deep conference. look at fairland, I believe winless last year, and it came down to them n the grovers for the league title. solid coaching now at the hill, peake fell of some. but they are always consistent.
You are exhausting!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Every team has injuries by week 10, so both Portsmouth and Ironton will have to overcome them this week. Neither team has a lot of winning momentum coming into this game, but I'm hoping that the Trojans can put together 4 good quarters of football at the Tank. If they can do that, they will win the game.

GO TROJANS!!!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

The Tigers were down 8 starters, after their game on Friday night.
I hope they have some of them back, for Friday nights game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Kleao wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:14 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm if I done my math right coal grove is the supreme being this year in the ovc ain't they. they have already won it outright, right. with their only loss being to west. take nothing from coal grove , they have smashmouth earned it. and deserve to be the champs. great season of football, and great success for a 1st year, young head coach. bright future for hornet football.

You are exhausting!
thank you.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

The long season will soon be over with for the Tigers. This group of Seniors have been without a good coaching staff for their entire careers at Ironton. I feel for these boys that have worked so hard to have fallen short ever year. I wish them all the best of luck and you have been great men to put up with this for 4 long years. Good bye and Good luck!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

You have to ask...why so many injuries from both teams? Is it just bad luck or pointing to deeper issues within their strength & conditioning programs. Hope they finish the year with no more injuries.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope so too pirate.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I agree I think there is a deeper issue with the strength and condition programs.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

coach knows wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:09 am I agree I think there is a deeper issue with the strength and condition programs.
I agree coach. I think any and everybody knows this. anybody that thinks these athletes are as conditioned like ironton teams of old are as lost as last years easter eggs.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

A combination of poor off season weight lifting and coaching has done this staff in. If they give this group another year they can keep my tickets.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Look for the Trojans to run the ball a lot per usual, but after only play the first half against SP they should be relatively fresh so a heavy dose of Kelly & Parker should be what we get. Sounds like both teams are pretty banged up, but I'm going with the Trojans.

Who Dey!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I definitely at this point consider Portsmouth the favorite.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History since 2000: Ironton owns a 13-6 advantage over Portsmouth. This will be the 126th meeting between Ironton and Portsmouth. The record currently stands at 58-58-9. This is the oldest rivalry in Southern Ohio, the 4th oldest in the State of Ohio (since 1899) and the 53rd oldest in the nation.
2016: Ironton 43 Portsmouth 28
2015: Ironton 42 Portsmouth 20
2014: Ironton 49 Portsmouth 21
2013: Portsmouth 33 Ironton 20
2012: Ironton 61 Portsmouth 34
2011: Ironton 30 Portsmouth 14
2010: Ironton 45 Portsmouth 25
2009: Ironton 50 Portsmouth 28
2008: Ironton 37 Porsmouth 6
2007: Portsmouth 41 Ironton 18
2006: Ironton 49 Portsmouth 42
2005: Ironton 54 Portsmouth 27
2004: Ironton 8 Portsmouth 0
2003: Ironton 24 Portsmouth 12
2002: Portsmouth 25 Ironton 7 2nd round OHSAA Playoffs Portsmouth 35 Ironton 20
2001: Ironton 16 Portsmouth 15 2nd round OHSAA Playoffs Portsmouth 35 Ironton 27
2000: Portsmouth 28 Ironton 0

Return to “Football”