Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Shake”N”Bake

Re: Warren TVC?

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

Personaly the Ohio needs to add Warren the Hocking needs to drop South Galia have 8 teams in both. In the Hocking know one likes the drive to Bidwell

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Only way TVC adds anyone is for teams to leave. Don't see that happening.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Shake”N”Bake wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:33 pm Personaly the Ohio needs to add Warren the Hocking needs to drop South Galia have 8 teams in both. In the Hocking know one likes the drive to Bidwell
River Valley is in Bidwell......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:51 pm Only way TVC adds anyone is for teams to leave. Don't see that happening.
Agree, would like to see River Valley, Wahama and South Gallia out. Then add Logan to the Ohio, not sure what you would do for the Hocking but I’m sure a closer team would fit.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

SEO is finished with Logan as far as a league and Logan is finished with SEO as far as a league.
Only way Logan will be brought back into SEO is when schools close and bigger schools are formed and a new league is made.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

NY BUCK wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:10 pm
noreply66 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:51 pm Only way TVC adds anyone is for teams to leave. Don't see that happening.
Agree, would like to see River Valley, Wahama and South Gallia out. Then add Logan to the Ohio, not sure what you would do for the Hocking but I’m sure a closer team would fit.
Why would Logan join the TVC? They are probably making a league with D2 schools around Columbus that don't fit in the OCC but too big for area schools

Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:55 pm
Shake”N”Bake wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:33 pm Personaly the Ohio needs to add Warren the Hocking needs to drop South Galia have 8 teams in both. In the Hocking know one likes the drive to Bidwell
My bad Crown City I meant. Thinking River Valley for some reason

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Shake”N”Bake wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:28 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:55 pm
My bad Crown City I meant. Thinking River Valley for some reason
:lol:
Its all good.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Sharon Peters
Waterboy

Post by Sharon Peters »

The people running the TVC arent jerks enough to kick anyone out of the league otherwise Athens would have been out along with Wahama a couple of years ago. I do think Warren being let back in makes sense. They were a charter member for crying out loud. An eight team league eliminates late season open dates in football and makes the Ohio division a playoff points bonanza like the the Hocking. I expect no change in the Hocking although SG to the SOC is good for both leagues and for SG. But that will not happen.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

South Gallia to the SOC doesn't make sense for the SOC.

17 teams for all sports and Western to South Gallia is a true "can't get there from here" ride

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:24 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:40 pm PP can’t because of WV playoff rules
Then how does Wahama not have issues with this?
Because it’s Raider and he often has no clue what he’s talking about.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Warren= Yes but Athens won't allow it.
FF= Yes, it should be happening soon.
PP= Won't happen cause they would dominate in football and don't even wanna deal with WV officials in baseball & basketball. The hocking knows what it's like at Wahama.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Actually, Athens voted YES for Warren to join the TVC as well. It's Vinton County that leads the charge on the NO votes for Warren.

I would love to see Fort Frye in the TVC. It was supposed to happen in the early 1970's, but Fort Frye changed their minds for some reason.

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

Warren TVC are you crazy no never not ever, wow cant believe this is a topic. #NoWarrenNo

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:43 am
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:24 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:40 pm PP can’t because of WV playoff rules
Then how does Wahama not have issues with this?
Because it’s Raider and he often has no clue what he’s talking about.
"Member high schools must play at least fifty per cent (50%) of their games in their class or
higher to be considered in the playoff ratings. When a contract is signed with a school, the
classification of that school will be used in determining the fifty per cent (50%) for the length
of the contract. Schools will be responsible for notifying the WVSSAC office by October 1."

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Athens and Logan to the FAC

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:07 pm Athens and Logan to the FAC
Athens is closer to Columbus than those Chillicothe schools

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Just doing some reading here and was thinking about a SEOAL revival. Warren, Logan, Marietta and Point Pleasant would be a great start. Marietta is in the ECOL and all other teams in the league are in the East District. Marietta is in the Southeast District. Warren, Logan, and Point need a league. I think Ripley needs a league as well. This is not like the old days, but it is a start and it just might give Galia and Jackson something to think about.

Logan, Jackson, Galia, Point, and Ripley all have fine facilities and Warren has news schools being built. Marietta continues to share with Marietta College and has a nice history in the S.E. District (over 100 years I think)

Schools not having a league affiliation can work, but it is not ideal. Coaches, players, families, and communities like to compete for titles and being in a league is one way you can do it.

My guess is if you could get the leaders of all these school in a room together and made a list of positives and negatives, that this would be a very easy decision for everyone involved.

Coach Duckworth

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I didn't happen when the seoal was folding and it won't happen now.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Not saying I'm against that idea, but I think it's a pipe dream . You could add Athens to that lineup and have a nice 8 team SEOAL again, compact with reasonable commutes. Of course that's too far for Athens to drive ( lol, we all know the reason they cut and run). Not aware of the politics with Ripley or Point. Jackson is in a cake league now that they will dominate for decades. You of all people should know of the politics at Warren and Marietta. Gallia will continue to shrink n enrollment and has a league now that they should be competitive in. And Logan continues to look North as their long term future is there. I'm sure some might be interested, but for how long ? Losing makes some develope happy feet, lol

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”