Trimble 35 Eastern 0

F5fan
Waterboy

Re: WK3 (2-0) Trimble @ (0-2) Reedsville Eastern

Post by F5fan »

Trimble by 50+. Eastern needs a change in the off-season. I wish them the best of luck but until they look like they want to be on that field, it will be the same result each week. Hopefully Fed Hock and Belpre are just as bad so the team from Reedsville can notch a few wins for Meigs county.

Dangerzone
Waterboy

Post by Dangerzone »

The Warrior wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:57 pm
Dangerzone wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:37 pm
Happy McGavin wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:46 pm
He had like 18 tds in one year, but yea, they relied on the run 95% of the time
Also was the only receiver we threw to cause he caught everything we threw to him. But we also had one of the best if not the best running backs from trimble. (Jenkins) Losey could throw like no other also. Another thing there’s no chance in hell cats are going to states this year. Maybe next year but not this year. Can’t just run the ball and make it to states lol
I can name more than one program that has won a state title by just running the ball but, the cats can do more than run. Its week 2, give it some time.
Year and 2 games. Not to mention scrimmages. 🤔

bart simp
Waterboy

Post by bart simp »

Has coach Bowen taken over at Eastern yet or are they waiting till next year?

Route 7
Waterboy

Post by Route 7 »

bart simp wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:55 pm Has coach Bowen taken over at Eastern yet or are they waiting till next year?
Bowen was more or less kicked off the staff for trying to help make the team better. Don’t get me or anyone around Eastern football started in this topic because everyone knows he is the most qualified for the job

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Dangerzone wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:19 pm
The Warrior wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:57 pm
Dangerzone wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Also was the only receiver we threw to cause he caught everything we threw to him. But we also had one of the best if not the best running backs from trimble. (Jenkins) Losey could throw like no other also. Another thing there’s no chance in hell cats are going to states this year. Maybe next year but not this year. Can’t just run the ball and make it to states lol
I can name more than one program that has won a state title by just running the ball but, the cats can do more than run. Its week 2, give it some time.
Year and 2 games. Not to mention scrimmages. 🤔
The news paper even said we have problems passing. So until its taken care of NO the Cats cant do more. Its going to be run run run

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
thetitanic
Riding the Bench

Post by thetitanic »

trimble big. 48-6

Lakers23
Riding the Bench

Post by Lakers23 »

Will we see a balanced offense from the cats tonight?Pretty sure the defense will have a goose egg on the board.I think 35 points for the varsity and 14 for the JV.49-0 cats

KC Pickem
Waterboy

Post by KC Pickem »

Good luck to both teams. I think Trimble will dominate this one. Hopefully Eastern will make some changes before next year so they will be relevant in the Hocking once again.

Tomkitty
Waterboy

Post by Tomkitty »

I don't understand the support for Bowen and not the existing coach. As is the case with many smaller schools, the numbers are dwindling. It is evident at Eastern. Lower overall numbers and even less athletes (not being mean, but not every kid on a team is an athlete). I don't think Urban could do much with what Newland has. But the support for Bowen further confuses me. He has no (or limited experience) at any level of football coaching - bitty league, Jr. High, other HS??? He has interviewed at several schools and was not hired. And don't blame the School Boards - They DO NOT interview! And before I get beat on, I am not saying he wouldn't be a good coach. Don't know the guy. Don't know what he knows. I just don't think by-standers can use the current situation to sing his praises.

zz top
Waterboy

Post by zz top »

Eastern needs some sort of a change and I just think to most people Bowen is the one that makes sense. Newland is a great guy but this is just not working out. He has been given multiple opportunities to coach at the varsity level and has failed. Bowen has been one of the best baseball coaches in the area for the last 15+ years(and he’s won during a number of years with minimal talent), and the main point I hear most people make is why not give the guy at least one chance to coach in the fall as a head coach

Daddyball
Waterboy

Post by Daddyball »

Lakers23 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:30 pm Will we see a balanced offense from the cats tonight?Pretty sure the defense will have a goose egg on the board.I think 35 points for the varsity and 14 for the JV.49-0 cats
You won't see a balanced offense, blame it on the rain

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Trimble 35 Eastern 0

Post by mattash »

Trimble 35 Eastern 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Tomkitty wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:24 pm I don't understand the support for Bowen and not the existing coach. As is the case with many smaller schools, the numbers are dwindling. It is evident at Eastern. Lower overall numbers and even less athletes (not being mean, but not every kid on a team is an athlete). I don't think Urban could do much with what Newland has. But the support for Bowen further confuses me. He has no (or limited experience) at any level of football coaching - bitty league, Jr. High, other HS??? He has interviewed at several schools and was not hired. And don't blame the School Boards - They DO NOT interview! And before I get beat on, I am not saying he wouldn't be a good coach. Don't know the guy. Don't know what he knows. I just don't think by-standers can use the current situation to sing his praises.
Keep going with status quo and keep blaming the kids for losses. And the losses will keep coming believe you me. OR, make a change and see if it doesn't help. My guess is the lazy aszzed powers that be will hang with the quo and keep blaming he kids. Or you can just wait till that one "great" class graduates in a few years and the problem will take care of itself when he quits. :roll:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

KC Java wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Tomkitty wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:24 pm I don't understand the support for Bowen and not the existing coach. As is the case with many smaller schools, the numbers are dwindling. It is evident at Eastern. Lower overall numbers and even less athletes (not being mean, but not every kid on a team is an athlete). I don't think Urban could do much with what Newland has. But the support for Bowen further confuses me. He has no (or limited experience) at any level of football coaching - bitty league, Jr. High, other HS??? He has interviewed at several schools and was not hired. And don't blame the School Boards - They DO NOT interview! And before I get beat on, I am not saying he wouldn't be a good coach. Don't know the guy. Don't know what he knows. I just don't think by-standers can use the current situation to sing his praises.
Keep going with status quo and keep blaming the kids for losses. And the losses will keep coming believe you me. OR, make a change and see if it doesn't help. My guess is the lazy aszzed powers that be will hang with the quo and keep blaming he kids. Or you can just wait till that one "great" class graduates in a few years and the problem will take care of itself when he quits. :roll:
You buttsuckers need to get off Newland's butt and let him sink or swim. KC you ran it into the ground when you had it so you have no room to talk you Pam wanna be. :mrgreen:

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Trump2020 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:48 pm Cats are locked in on defense. They have leaders on the field and leaders for coaches. “If they don’t score, we don’t lose” The offense will figure itself out. See you all in week 13
We are glad your out of here to... Maybe you can see if they need a coach at NY!!! LOL

Trump2020
Riding the Bench

Post by Trump2020 »

Tomcat 82....your clueless. What are you talking about?

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

What the hell are you talking about Tomcat 82

Its all in the hips
KC Pickem
Waterboy

Post by KC Pickem »

eagle25 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:48 pm
KC Java wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:21 pm
You buttsuckers need to get off Newland's butt and let him sink or swim. KC you ran it into the ground when you had it so you have no room to talk you Pam wanna be. :mrgreen:
I am on the outside looking in and can't say for certain what is going on there but I have a hard time believing that there is a lack of athletes. There were obviously some on the baseball team. Did they all graduate or do none of them play football? The basketball teams have been what I would consider competitive as well so what is different about football other than the coaching? As for Eagles comment about letting him sink or swim, how many losing seasons do you think is necessary before making that decision? Take a look at Federal Hockings' program if you want to see the result of turning a blind eye.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

tomcat82 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:59 pm
Trump2020 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:48 pm Cats are locked in on defense. They have leaders on the field and leaders for coaches. “If they don’t score, we don’t lose” The offense will figure itself out. See you all in week 13
We are glad your out of here to... Maybe you can see if they need a coach at NY!!! LOL
Sorry I didn't mean for this to go on this post... I think I have been into the whiskey.....:)

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Trump2020 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:13 pm Tomcat 82....your clueless. What are you talking about?
dang I said I was sorry,.... I am not clueless just dazed and confused...........

Return to “Football”