West 21 Coal Grove 14

2trap_4ever
S

Re: Wk 2: Coal Grove (2-0) @ Ports. West (2-0)

Post by 2trap_4ever »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:22 am
Fattseycline wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:48 am
Jolly(senator wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:20 pm West will be able to handle this team physically without a doubt just by seeing how the defensive played last week against Portsmouth holding Parker to only 24 yards. I’ll take west pulling away with a 28-7 win over CG.
Yeah I watched film of that game. West held Parker to so little yards because they hit him every time he got the ball. I think Cg will be able to take take more hits them Parker was able to take, but Cg will have to play good from start to finish. We can’t expect to come back from 20 each week. If we get down by a lot this week there won’t be a comeback.
West held Parker to so little yards because they hit him every time he got the ball. Yep, that called good coaching. It certainly worked this game.
Biggest difference between Coal Grove and Portsmouth offense is the Grove has a better passing game which can keep West's defense honest and on their toes for this game.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:17 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:22 am
Fattseycline wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:48 am

Yeah I watched film of that game. West held Parker to so little yards because they hit him every time he got the ball. I think Cg will be able to take take more hits them Parker was able to take, but Cg will have to play good from start to finish. We can’t expect to come back from 20 each week. If we get down by a lot this week there won’t be a comeback.
West held Parker to so little yards because they hit him every time he got the ball. Yep, that called good coaching. It certainly worked this game.
Biggest difference between Coal Grove and Portsmouth offense is the Grove has a better passing game which can keep West's defense honest and on their toes for this game.
If CG has a passing game they may win , Portsmouth was not and is not a test for anyone , no line and 1 running back !

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

The weather is looking in favor for the Senators as it’s supposed to be a little wet Friday night!! They’ve always seem to play with a little bit more of a chip on their shoulder when they have to overcome adversity.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

West wins pretty easy I think. Coal grove beat river valley and valley. I’m rooting for coal grove and the ovc but seeing west completely shut Parker down I think they pull it out.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Jolly(senator wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:54 pm The weather is looking in favor for the Senators as it’s supposed to be a little wet Friday night!! They’ve always seem to play with a little bit more of a chip on their shoulder when they have to overcome adversity.
As a cg fan I am afraid of the mud hurting us. A turf field is nice but it can also spoil a team!!!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Fattseycline wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:01 pm
Jolly(senator wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:54 pm The weather is looking in favor for the Senators as it’s supposed to be a little wet Friday night!! They’ve always seem to play with a little bit more of a chip on their shoulder when they have to overcome adversity.
As a cg fan I am afraid of the mud hurting us. A turf field is nice but it can also spoil a team!!!
And that has been more noticeable over the last few years. Grass fields have become a kryptonite to our team.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

2trap_4ever wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:36 am
Fattseycline wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:01 pm
And that has been more noticeable over the last few years. Grass fields have become a kryptonite to our team.
I agree! Even when the grass is dry. We are a few steps slower and not nearly as quick. Oh well we have to suck it up and deal with it. No excuses!

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

If I recall correctly CG beat West 2 years ago on grass and beat River Valley first game of this season on grass. No doubt different but for some reason everyone seems slower to me when playing on grass.
CG will be prepared to play. Go Big Grove!

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Friday night is almost here. Can’t wait to watch this one be played Friday. I expect a tough, hardnose football game. Question is.. how much rain will we get and how wet will it be.

Go Big Grove

roll(side4
Waterboy

Post by roll(side4 »

Wests defense is looking pretty amazing right now. It seems as the weeks roll on they are getting better and better. #rollsideroll

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West has some fast guys, but no burners like Parker. But the overall team speed is good as Portsmouth found out.

West is a running team, but don't think they can't pass because they do that well.
The only thing the grass should impact is the kicking game where CG kickers are used to turf.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I'll take the SOC team here, Coal Grove will be good the rest of the season after this one though

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

CGFAN#1 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:36 pm If I recall correctly CG beat West 2 years ago on grass and beat River Valley first game of this season on grass. No doubt different but for some reason everyone seems slower to me when playing on grass.
And we have went to fairland the past two times and looked awful. I just dont think we prepare during g the week to play on grass.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

West by 3 touch downs. It is hard to beat West on their field.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Didn't CG beat West 2 years ago on their field?

tkd325
Waterboy

Post by tkd325 »

2trap_4ever wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:59 pm
CGFAN#1 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:36 pm If I recall correctly CG beat West 2 years ago on grass and beat River Valley first game of this season on grass. No doubt different but for some reason everyone seems slower to me when playing on grass.
And we have went to fairland the past two times and looked awful. I just dont think we prepare during g the week to play on grass.
We did look bad against Fairland last time on their field, but it was also raining hard and extremely muddy. I'll blow that off on just having a bad night. Besides beating West on their field two years ago and RV this year, we have also beat Gallia Academy and Northwestern (think that's their name, up toward lucasville) on grass and both their fields are horrible. I believe with West beating them last year, they will work extra hard this week to be ready to come out firing! Go Grove!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Here is the history of the Grove on grass the last few years

2017 beat a 5-5 Gallia team

2016 beat a 3-7 West team and lost to a 3-7 Fairland team

We do not look good on grass. I hope that changes this week and the notion of the Grove not playing well on grass can be put to bed. A win this week would definatly do that.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think that Coal Grove and Portsmouth West both are pretty good teams again this year. Not downing Coal Grove at all, but I think this year that Portsmouth West regardless of whether it rains or not,or whether its played on Turf or on grass,that West may be a little better all arownd team. I also think that both teams will make the Playoffs.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

Have the West starters given up any points this year?

roll(side4
Waterboy

Post by roll(side4 »

Hylander wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:49 pm Have the West starters given up any points this year?
No they have not.

Return to “Football”