All Conference

Re: Wk3 waverly at Unioto

Post by se-alum »

Waverly by 3-4 touchdowns.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

We really don't know how good either one of these teams are at this point. Neither one has faced really stiff competition so far. We'll learn a lot more about both teams this Friday.

I'm hearing Unioto has an impressive running back. Jamarcus Carrol has rushed for 360 yards in just two games. Safe to say Waverly's defense will face their biggest challenge to date. The Shermans QB is quite the athlete and very talented.

Waverly is going to have to show up ready to play! This should be the "game of the week". I'll be pulling hard for the Tigers.
Last edited by toast on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

A lot of interest in this game.I think Unioto may score some pts. I wonder if they can play good enough defense to contain Waverlys skill athletes?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

This game is very interesting to me. I just don't know what to truly expect, just because I feel like it is still up in the air as far as how good these teams really are. I think after this one is over, we will have more answers. I've seen the Tigers play both of their games so far, and have been impressed. But they have not faced much competition in those first two weeks. The Tanks will be their first true test of the season. Before the season began, I was concerned about the Tigers run D and the QB play. I think those two factors will determine the outcome of this one. I believe the moment won't be too big for Shanks, I expect him to play well as long as the line gives him time. Starting this week the Tigers began to get into the tough part of the schedule, I'm hoping the boys will be up to the task.

Does Unioto have a balanced Offenese or more heavy on the run? Piketon was able to move the ball a little better than ZT. ZT got a few decent runs but for the most part didn't have much going. ZT QB didn't have much time when he did drop back to pass and they ended up throwing 3 picks, one of those coming at the end with the Tigers 2's in.

I saw where someone had said the Tanks have had some trouble with special teams, that is not a good sign for them. Hopefully they can get that cleaned up before Friday because Waverly will take advantage. The Tigers were able to block a punt, field goal and had a kickoff returned for a TD and 2 Punts returned for TDs but were called back due to flags.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Waverly takes this one by a couple TD’s. Going to come down to who’s defense can make the most stops.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

This game should shed some light on both of these teams. Just a lot of uncertainty at this point. Neither Waverly or Unioto has been really tested up to this contest.

Weather looking rather iffy for Friday. This is the first big test for this relatively young Tiger team. It's going to take a determined focused effort!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly by 17

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Onion odor with the upset 30-29 Jamarcus Carroll with a big game!

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

I don't think either team has really been tested yet. Unioto's ground game is the best Waverly has seen thus far and the Tiger's offense is the best the Tanks have seen as of yet. If special teams come into play I have to give the edge to Waverly (with what Shoemaker did last week and the two blocked kicks). If it becomes a track meet I don't think the Tanks can outscore Waverly. So I will say the Tigers go on the road and get a road win.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

toast wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:59 am This game should shed some light on both of these teams. Just a lot of uncertainty at this point. Neither Waverly or Unioto has been really tested up to this contest.

Weather looking rather iffy for Friday. This is the first big test for this relatively young Tiger team. It's going to take a determined focused effort!
I’d say a 0-0 halftime score, 7-6 going into the 4th quarter and a defensive stop at the 10 yard line with 5 minutes to go on a game tying drive was a pretty big test for unioto in week 1. Maybe that’s just me though. Lol Good luck to the Tanks, I hope you guys make it 3-0 to start the season!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Waverly is young but I think their offense will prevail by 2 td's.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Obviously Jamarcus Carroll has been a dominant running back the first two weeks of the season. Of course Waverly's defense will have to pay a lot of attention to him. But I'm willing to bet Unioto will have a couple tricks up their sleeves hoping to catch us off guard. Our D's going to have to be disciplined.

Going to be very interesting to see how all this plays out. Still a chance of rain but doesn't appear the game will be a wash out. Confident Waverly will bring a big crowd.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Wish that I could make this game.

I hope the weather holds off and the crowd for the game can be really large.

This will be the toughest game for the Shermans this entire season and would be a huge win if they could get it. Waverly can fly, so I’m anxious to see how the Shermans highly touted defense can do against them.

Waverly is certainly the favorite, but I think the Shermans will be competitive tomorrow night and can give themselves a chance to win in the 4th.

Good luck to both teams and hopefully an injury free evening!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

the big thing I've seen with waverly is speed, so much of it all over the offense, so this could be a barn burner if the defense doesn't show up for them, don't really know much about unioto but going off the scores of their games they seem to be good, should be a great game one of the better ones in the area

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think if the rain holds off, it will be in Waverly's favor. I think if this comes down to a shootout, I'm taking the TIgers, they can score so quickly it makes it dangerous to get into that kinda game with them. If the U is able to run the ball effectively, I think that will definitely help their chances of winning. If the Tiger D is able to hold their own and get some stops, I think Waverly will find ways to score, just too many weapons to contain for the U. I think this will be a good test for both teams. I'm glad to see this young Waverly team finally get a test, I am so curious to see how they will respond tomorrow.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Looking forward to being at the game. For the crowds sake and the game itself, hoping that the rain is not a factor. I would think that Unioto would not want to get behind Waverly by a very large margin. With Waverlys skill and speed and being able to score from anywhere on the field, it would be best for Unioto to control the ball and keep it away from the Tigers. I also think that Waverly will need to tighten there own defense up quite a bit. From whats been said, Unioto has some pretty good weapons also. Looking forward to a great game.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

I will take Waverly by 14.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I have heard a lot about waverly speed. I know about 1 and 10 from last year and from Chillicothe. Did all these speed guys run track? I know Unioto has all there sprinters from tack on the football team. Looking back at the times Unioto was far faster. So I’m guessing waverlys fastest football guys didn’t run track? The playmaking ability of 1,23, and 10 scares me lot more than speed. We are fast but those guys really make plays. Have to limit there explosive plays for sure.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:57 pm I have heard a lot about waverly speed. I know about 1 and 10 from last year and from Chillicothe. Did all these speed guys run track? I know Unioto has all there sprinters from tack on the football team. Looking back at the times Unioto was far faster. So I’m guessing waverlys fastest football guys didn’t run track? The playmaking ability of 1,23, and 10 scares me lot more than speed. We are fast but those guys really make plays. Have to limit there explosive plays for sure.
Overall "team speed" is what is being talked about. This years TEAM is one of the fastest/quickest we've had in a while. That means skill positions, linebackers, lineman, the whole team....
You are correct, some do not run track... As far as I know none of the ones you mentioned do. You mentioned 1, 23 & 10 who are indeed very quick and fast, capable of explosive playmaking, but there are others. You try to shut them down there are others who may very well be left open. Neither #23 nor #1 leads the team in TD receptions.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Weather could have the biggest effect on this one....

Return to “Football”