Wheelersburg 21 Columbus Bishop Watterson 0

Falcon01
S

Re: WK 4: Wheelersburg (2-1) @ Columbus Bishop Watterson (2-1)

Post by Falcon01 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:18 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:45 pm Where exactly is hillard darby hs located? I know u take 270 to get there
Just get off on the Cemetery road exit and go west about a mile (you'll see the stadium on the right), if you miss it and see Cosgray road you've gone too far.
Yeah, super easy to get to. Nice place.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think this might be tight and Burg pulls away late

Burg 42-28

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

A lot of SEO fans complain about their schools scheduling. After Burg , Watterson has Cleveland Benedictine, Bishop Hartley, Youngstown Ursuline, St. Charles, Logan and finish with Col. Desales...... and that's after they started out with 2 DI schools and Stow Walsh Jesuit in last weeks game. There have been times in the past that teams with 4-6 and 5-5 records have made the playoffs over 8-2 and 9-1 teams. You can lose, but to good opposition in the regular season. Just a thought.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

catholic schools.....wat a conversation that can bring up....

tha burg wins and ready for the friendly rivalry of the ironmen comin to town

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Watterson looks like they’ve improved over last year. This will be yet again, another test. I think this week we see a pass first offense. Running the ball will be an after thought but gashing gains. The defense got some of the swag back Friday night. This will be a dandy. I’ll take Burg by 17. Something like 34-17 or 37-20

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Burg fans 270 West is very much the way to go, but be very alert with all the road construction that is going on up that way. Im up that way all the time and it seems as if it gets worse by the day. Thank goodness Hilliard is not that far before you will be able to exit.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Get er done Burg for us Region 11 teams

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Man not a lot of talk about this game. Two days before the game and it’s atill on page one

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

wont be much of a game ..

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

I think Watterson keeps it close for a half, then Burg pulls away late. Watterson seems improved, but by no means are they even close to the level of the top teams in their conference (Hartley and Desales). Plus I think that the Meyer kid graduated, and he was the best player on that team last year.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

IMO this will be a good game Watterson beat a good Olentangy Orange team 17 to 14 so sounds like Watterson is much improved from last year. If Burg comes out hitting on all cylinders like last year I think Burg wins by 2 to 3 scores but I am sure that Watterson won't be like a deer in headlights like last year they were totally surprised hope for an injury free game go burg

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I think this will be what it is designed to be. A good competitive game to prepare us for the playoffs win or lose. I agree I don't think we were that much better than them last year. i think we jumped on them so fast they could not recover. they didnt expect us to be that good

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I agree! I think this is a very close game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a competitive game. Watterson probably knows this is their biggest game of the year to get into the playoffs since Burg will go no worse than 8 wins. Watterson will get killed by Desales and Hartley. Benny, Ursuline, St Chucks, and Logan offer no points

Burg 28
Watterson 14

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:47 pm Should be a competitive game. Watterson probably knows this is their biggest game of the year to get into the playoffs since Burg will go no worse than 8 wins. Watterson will get killed by Desales and Hartley. Benny, Ursuline, St Chucks, and Logan offer no points

Burg 28
Watterson 14
I wouldn't look past Jackson or Waverly they also should be competitive games especially Waverly game at Waverly they are better this year ! And who knows what Jackson will bring to the table. Burg should be ok as long as they keep improving like they have been. GO BURG!!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Waterson win this one !

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Hopefullly this wk is better than last wk and we can get games in w/o weather delays or postponing games

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:28 am Hopefullly this wk is better than last wk and we can get games in w/o weather delays or postponing games
Sunny in the mid 80's tomorrow, 10% chance of rain in C-bus. Should be mid 70's around game time, good football weather. :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good luck burg!
Rep the SE river rats!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

It sounds like Watterson has improved from last year and even though Burg is very good again this year, I am not sure I can say they are really close to the same level they were last year. Lets face it, to win a state title you are on another level. Not sure this year's team is that good, but we will see as its too early to tell how good of competition they are playing.

Hell, Hartley may win their state division this year and not have a close game all the way through and Burg wins it all again. Who knows this early on.

I think its a tighter game than last year with Watterson.

I will take Burg by 10. Good luck to the Pirates this evening.

Return to “Football”