Ashland 14 Ironton 7

boilermaker
SE

Re: WEEK 4 ASHLAND @ IRONTON

Post by boilermaker »

I remember watching Ironton in the old S.E.O.A.L they used to beat my home town team Wellston , but always was respectful and treated us nice. I remember reading where Coach Lutz used to say its only Ashland, lol. I wish the Tigers luck this season they seem to be on the upswing and im afraid they are running into a beast this week in Ashland. Good luck to I-Town,

Walk by Faith not by sight.
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Taking Ironton this year. Just have to stop that passing attack.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Paul Blazer 35
Ironton 6

I’m gonna say 35-14 blazer

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

Fittin Tiggers have nothing for the Putty tats

RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:50 pm IRONTON WILL BE COMING OFF A BIG WIN OVER FAIRLAND. AND ASHLAND BEAT RUSSELL, KY. 41-0. AND FINALLY THE TIGERS ARE IN THE FRIENDLY CONFINES OF TANKS MEMORIAL STADIUM.
Is a win over Fairland a big win for the Tiggers these days?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

boilermaker wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:06 pm I remember watching Ironton in the old S.E.O.A.L they used to beat my home town team Wellston , but always was respectful and treated us nice. I remember reading where Coach Lutz used to say its only Ashland, lol. I wish the Tigers luck this season they seem to be on the upswing and im afraid they are running into a beast this week in Ashland. Good luck to I-Town,
I wondered where that started. I never heard him say that playing for the tigers. but he may well have. I just have never heard it myself. and I think you could ask any team ironton ever beat or lost to and they would tell you the same basic thing. they won or lost with dignity. and running into beasts has always been something they do best. just have to throw all the marbles in a circle and see who's gets knocked out. --------------------------------------------------curious question here. many are saying Ashland has the best team in the tri-state. I was curious if anybody out there has seen them and burg play. and wonder who would win between them.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RACELAND wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:44 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:50 pm IRONTON WILL BE COMING OFF A BIG WIN OVER FAIRLAND. AND ASHLAND BEAT RUSSELL, KY. 41-0. AND FINALLY THE TIGERS ARE IN THE FRIENDLY CONFINES OF TANKS MEMORIAL STADIUM.
Is a win over Fairland a big win for the Tiggers these days?
I'm sure we'd love to get the rams back on the schedule. raceland has came a long way. no hate from this poster. I respect them. heck I remember when they shared helmets. now they played for a state title last year. so I got nuthin but respect fo the rams whether you call us tiggers or not. that's ironton's mission now to step back on all the toes that made fun of them. so maybe you'll get lucky, who knows. likely you ain't from raceland any way. just a pot stirrer. but he who stirs the pot, needs to lick the spoon.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

Actually the Tigers are probably the most storied program in the tri-state. I am from Raceland. Tigers and Rams need to get each other back on the schedule. Raceland isn’t as good as the Tigers we’re back in the day but we have the same problem getting games locally like they used to. We have to drive 4 hrs for a regular season game because most teams locally won’t play. Rams have tried to get the Burg to play for three years now with no luck. They might smash us but we want to play good competition. As far as the Ashland game the Tomcats have a lot of team speed. They are weak on the D-line though. If tigers can establish a run game and keep the ball away from the tomcats they might have a chance. I will be at the game because Raceland plays on Saturday. I’ll be rooting for the Tigers. Can’t stand the putty tats.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

RACELAND wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:23 pm Actually the Tigers are probably the most storied program in the tri-state. I am from Raceland. Tigers and Rams need to get each other back on the schedule. Raceland isn’t as good as the Tigers we’re back in the day but we have the same problem getting games locally like they used to. We have to drive 4 hrs for a regular season game because most teams locally won’t play. Rams have tried to get the Burg to play for three years now with no luck. They might smash us but we want to play good competition. As far as the Ashland game the Tomcats have a lot of team speed. They are weak on the D-line though. If tigers can establish a run game and keep the ball away from the tomcats they might have a chance. I will be at the game because Raceland plays on Saturday. I’ll be rooting for the Tigers. Can’t stand the putty tats.
OH my, opening it up for Burg posters now, lol. No luck because of bad timing in weeks or no luck because Burg wouldn't play?? ;)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RACELAND wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:23 pm Actually the Tigers are probably the most storied program in the tri-state. I am from Raceland. Tigers and Rams need to get each other back on the schedule. Raceland isn’t as good as the Tigers we’re back in the day but we have the same problem getting games locally like they used to. We have to drive 4 hrs for a regular season game because most teams locally won’t play. Rams have tried to get the Burg to play for three years now with no luck. They might smash us but we want to play good competition. As far as the Ashland game the Tomcats have a lot of team speed. They are weak on the D-line though. If tigers can establish a run game and keep the ball away from the tomcats they might have a chance. I will be at the game because Raceland plays on Saturday. I’ll be rooting for the Tigers. Can’t stand the putty tats.
I know what you mean about the 3/4 hour trips to get games. I have total respect for what the rams have done. I think it's awesome. likely the 2 may never play again. because ironton has their 3 non conference game in burg, Ashland , and Russell. and the other 7 are league games. ====================== and if the tomcats are weaker up the middle, that should bode well for the young fighting tigers as they have a purty solid run game. and as far as playing the bigger teams. that is how you build a dynasty and a legacy. I always admired the tigers for doing that. and raceland as well. you may get flogged a time er 3. but the next thing you know. pup=pow, you are in a state championship game. as was raceland last year. I wish the rams nothing but the best.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Ironton has to cut down on the penalties.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

the Tigers should feel good they are home this week......tough opponent floating down the river to take ya on........execute, mistake-free football would cause Ashland some trouble in the Tank......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:31 pm
OH my, opening it up for Burg posters now, lol. No luck because of bad timing in weeks or no luck because Burg wouldn't play?? ;)
I believe we had the same open date next year. they picked up Greenup for next year. A team that we soundly beat this past Friday. their excuse was that they would get more points for losing to a bad Greenup team than they would if they beat us. personally I think that talent level at the burg is about to take a nose dive and they are looking for a softer schedule for next year.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

WOW not even going to justify the dumbest post ive ever read with a response just WOW

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Game day wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:56 am Ironton has to cut down on the penalties.

EXACTLY, THEY NEED TO BE MORE FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND THERE. IT'S KILLING THEM. AND I KNOW THE COACHES HAVE TO BE PULLING THEIR HAIR OUT OVER IT. THEY'LL GET EM LINED OUT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I LOVE SEEING THE RACELAND SCORES ON FRIDAY NIGHT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Valenth wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:25 pm Ashland is ranked #1 in the 4A division of KY.

They also put a running clock on Russell in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Ashland is quick and both sides of the ball are pretty well rounded.

I'm sorry but I feel like Ashland wins this one.
WOW THAT IS QUITE THE RANKING FOR ASHLAND, NUMBER ONE TEAM IN KY. IN THE AAAA DIVISION, THAT IS VERY ,VERY AWESOME. I KNOW THEY ARE PLAYING AWESOME BALL RIGHT NOW. HOPEFULLY THE TIGERS HAVE EM RIGHT WHERE WE WANT EM.
CURRENTLY IRONTON IS SITTING IN 7TH PLACE IN D5 REGION 19. A WIN BY THE FIGHTING TIGERS COULD SEND THEM FLYING UP THE RANKINGS. THIS WILL EITHER BE ASHLAND IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR THE YOUNG FIGHTING TIGERS. OR IT WILL BE THE KNOCK DOWN ROCK EM SOCKEM GAMES OF OLD. I HOPE IT'S THE LATTER.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 4==== 4-0 ASHLAND @ 2-1 IRONTON

cut out penalties,win the turnover battle and control the clock, pound the tomcats with a ground n pound. and play sound defense and I say the tigers can win this.

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WEEK 4==== 4-0 ASHLAND @ 2-1 IRONTON

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I have a hard time going against the tigers in this one. To me it always seems that ky football is subpar compared to Ohio football. I know Ashland is ranked #1 and all..... look at raceland last year. They lost to West who didn’t make it out of the region and raceland played for a state championship.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:27 am I LOVE SEEING THE RACELAND SCORES ON FRIDAY NIGHT.
They will be the next Fairview. Way too many kids on that team that lay their heads down in a different state every night

Return to “Football”