When do we hear Northwest shouldn't be playing in the SOC1?

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: When do we hear NW shouldnt be playing soc 1 ?

Post by Tartanblue »

JustMyObservation wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:36 pm
packers80 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:34 pm
JustMyObservation wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:56 pm What is the reasoning to why they moved?
They manipulated the officials.
Ohh so they didn’t lose everyone to Wheelersburg?
No some went to West and Valley

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I’ve always said they gave no business in it. Just b/c u can’t complete in soc 2 don’t mean they should be moved to soc 1. U can combine the students of some of them and still not have as many as NW

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The vote to allow Northwest to move down to SOC1 was 13-3 in favor.

Interesting part was at that time there were 5 SOC1 schools. 3 of the 5 voted NO.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:55 am The vote to allow Northwest to move down to SOC1 was 13-3 in favor.

Interesting part was at that time there were 5 SOC1 schools. 3 of the 5 voted NO.
Don't say Valley and Oak Hill were the yes votes

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:55 am The vote to allow Northwest to move down to SOC1 was 13-3 in favor.

Incorrect. The no votes were SOC 2 schools and those in SOC1 that didn't have football. But, OK.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Why don't we have this old discussion kick up when SOC1 schools are beating Northwest?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The Soc1 teams that don’t have football had no reason to vote no.

The SOC2 schools wanted Northwest out of the league because of computer points.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:09 am The Soc1 teams that don’t have football had no reason to vote no.

The SOC2 schools wanted Northwest out of the league because of computer points.
Your right, but one did. And only 2 SOC 2 schools did. But not for that reason.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I was at the meeting. Respect the heck out of Frantz and The guys. I told them straight up that I thought it was wrong. They told me I didn’t understand how it was out there and that if they didn’t move down then football might end at NW. we agreed to disagree.

It’s simply the lens you view it from.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

And yet the vote was 13-3.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: When do we hear Northwest shouldn't be playing in the SOC1?

Post by mattash »

It was the right move to build the program, now the program is built. (based on the frosh and soph class)

Kudos to all involved. Had to take some work.

Michael Scott
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I thought that them going down was temporary and only until they could build the program up. It may just look that has been accomplished

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Could they win the SOC2 in two years with that loaded class?

Michael Scott
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The SOC is a weird league. Schools are in SOC2 for some sports and SOC1 for others. So by that measure it’s justifiable. They threw Northwest a lifeline and I understand that.

It did break the charter as this was the first time a move was based on something other than enrollment.

I would believe if Northwest begins to dominate SOC1 then they would do the honorable thing and move back up.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

It's Northwest, not the New England Patriots. They had 0 Soc 2 titles and drug the whole conference down point and competition wise, nobody from any Soc 2 school I have talked to has said they miss playing them. This is their 6th year and they have one 3 way shared title that they won their first year in the league. If their numbers are up and they start dominating the conference then vote to throw them back up. It's really not uncommon for Soc 1 schools to be involved in these blowouts on either side, I remember everyone blasting Green for dropping 86 on Hannah last year.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Why not have a vote this winter and move them back up ? They have righted the ship so to speak , the numbers are up , they are kicking the snot out of SOC 1 schools , move them back up ASAP. As far as computer points talk from the SOC2 schools, and the ill will about having to play NW in conference ? I'd recommend letting your stud RB score 9 TD's on them to remind them what its like .

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I always thought it was redundant to move them down a level because they were not competing well. they are a much bigger district than the other schools they play.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

mattash wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:16 pm How did NW turn it around so fast? I'm sure they probably want to be SOC2. They are going to be solid got a while.
They have a good sophomore class. The dads associated with that group got people on the school board including 1 of them. That is how they got the votes to upgrade the facilities. That is also the group that stabbed Montavon in the back. They got this coach because they can be involved.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:01 am Why not have a vote this winter and move them back up ? They have righted the ship so to speak , the numbers are up , they are kicking the snot out of SOC 1 schools , move them back up ASAP. As far as computer points talk from the SOC2 schools, and the ill will about having to play NW in conference ? I'd recommend letting your stud RB score 9 TD's on them to remind them what its like .
While I'll agree that the 9 tds is a little Bush league, I dont know why you are so concerned with Northwest football? I'm pretty sure you live in the Northwest district and your kids go to Burg. If I'm wrong, shame on me, if I'm right, then you should not even comment on this subject.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Westfan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:33 am
mattash wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:16 pm How did NW turn it around so fast? I'm sure they probably want to be SOC2. They are going to be solid got a while.
They have a good sophomore class. The dads associated with that group got people on the school board including 1 of them. That is how they got the votes to upgrade the facilities. That is also the group that stabbed Montavon in the back. They got this coach because they can be involved.
Pretty sure billy is marching to his own drum.
Good for northwest. Let them build it.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”

Return to “Football”