Week 12: WOOD BURG

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raycharles wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:57 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:55 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:47 pm In Lancaster/Logan/Athens?
If I had to guess I’d say either hamilton township, nelsonville or logan
Marietta

No way they play there. That would be asinine.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Burg has the defense to slow Ridgewood down. Portsmouth didn’t, they also can’t tackle, haven’t been able to all season lol. Should be a tight contest, if you can stop Ridgewoods QB, you can beat them. He’s really good, very fast and can throw on the run.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Ridgewood has kids that know how to win. A lot of their players went to the Final 4 in baseball last spring also.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ridgewood is a good football team. Well coached year in and out. Burg will have to play lights out to come out of this one. Hopefully their schedule pays dividends in this one.

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

And so we meet again...

Ridgewood dominated in every single facet of the game tonight, much like they should have. Don’t look too much into Portsmouth hanging 21 as 14 came with second stringers in and 7 on a long touchdown pass. Contest was never really in doubt from the second ridgewood drive. More importantly, came out injury free. Kept my eye on burg/Minford on twitter and it seemed like another close one. Looking forward to another week 12 matchup with the pirates.. hopefully they find a stadium big enough for both teams fans! Ridgewood is ready to get in the win column in this playoff rivalry. (If you can call it that). The kids know it won’t be as easy next week as it was tonight.

As far as locations, Logan was where we played last but idk if they will make it closer to Wood since Wood has higher seed? Also heard Athens or Ham Township. Does Lancaster have turf now? Wood played oak hill there in 2009 but it was grass (pre mandatory turf field)

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Lancaster has turf now and is a beautiful facility.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:19 pm

[/quote

OHSAA Isn’t always to most sane people

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:05 am
Marietta
OHSAA isn’t always the most sine people lol.

Hamilton Township is pretty much equi-distant.. Lancaster is about 8 minutes shorter for ridgewood

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

And now we find out if the wood is for real...I'm taking Pirates in the upset.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:47 pm In Lancaster/Logan/Athens?
Marietta
That would be a good choice to

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Marietta

Why would those not be good choices? Its about the same distance from both schools to them

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Burg wants to win they better stop Ridgewood qb. He’s fast, has a great arm and his receivers are good. Pirates are going to have there hands full I was very impressed tonight.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:24 am Burg wants to win they better stop Ridgewood qb. He’s fast, has a great arm and his receivers are good. Pirates are going to have there hands full I was very impressed tonight.
Burg has faced two teams with dynamic offensives in waverly and minford. Vogelsong, shanks, Risner, and shoemaker. Hopefully being able to contain them will be a factor. Burgs defense is not too bad. They just get out of offensive rhythm sometimes. If burgs o coach can find something that he likes early, burg could come out with the upset.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

2 teams playing some really good ball right now. I just think this year Ridgewood has more horses under the hood, defense is improved and they fly to the ball and make the play. Offensively Burg hasn't had to deal with a QB like Ridgewood has, yeah they played Waverly and gave up a ton of rushing yards but Shanks couldn't move. Burg hasn't played a team of this caliber since Waverly and like I said Shanks couldn't move, after that you've got to go back to the first 3 weeks of the year to find a team that is this balanced across the board both offensively and defensively. Burg will have to play lights out in order to walk away victorious as there's no room for mistakes. I think Ridgewood takes this one and if they play mistake free the game could be a 2-3 score difference. If Burg steps up their game and plays their best game of the season I think they can win in a close one, but for now Ridgwood just to much balance and they'll walk away with the victory.

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

Wheelersburg hasn’t been the dominant team of years past.

This will tell if they’re anywhere close to where they have been or if things have taken a step back.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burg needs to work a lot on pass defense this week. When you look up anything on ridgewood it’s always the QB in the mix! He throws great on the run and seems to be best player on the team and all the players seem to rally around him. It’s going to be the 5th time playing each other in the playoffs with burg leading 4-0. Ridgewood went from power run team to same offense burg runs, so burg will defending their own offense. This is going to be a great game to watch. Burg this year isn’t like the burg teams from the past and it’s not as easy for them but plays team ball and plays hard!

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Burg will need to play very well on defense. Pass coverage will be key, Tingle can sling it and he’s really mobile as well so if Burg can contain him they will have a chance.

Who Dey!
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Burg will be well prepared. They have gotten ALOT better since they played Ironton and Jackson. Play smart, discipline, clean football then Burg has every chance in the world to advance to the Regional Final. Yes Ridgewood is good but it’s the regional semi-final in the state playoffs !! Who was you expecting to play?? A 4-6, 5-5 team??? The one thing I like about the burg is tha burg has been here before and in recent history they have been here a lot. Tha burg kids know how to handle these situations. They come out and be tha burg. Play clean and mistake free then I can’t find any reason why they wouldn’t be advancing.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Burg has three good playmakers in Matthews, Ruby and Horsley. Should be able to make it a more of a game then Portsmouth did.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

The Pirates have found a way to get it done this year. The defense had trouble against Ashland and Waverly so the offense stepped it up and out scored them. The offense struggled against Minford in the first half last night so the defense stepped up and held them to 3 points in the half. Both units are going to need to play their best games,together, to get past Ridgewood. The Generals look like a very good team.

Go Burg!

Return to “Football”