HANG ON! OHSAA To Move State Football Championships To Massillon

SpeedKillz

Re: HANG ON! OHSAA To Move State Football Championships To Massillon

Post by SpeedKillz »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:42 pm Akron Hoban and Massillon saved the state finals. The Kneelers in central ohio screwed this up. Hopefully Desales gets pounded too
What is a "kneeler" exactly?

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:42 pm Akron Hoban and Massillon saved the state finals. The Kneelers in central ohio screwed this up. Hopefully Desales gets pounded too
I believe he’s referring to pick central

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:29 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:28 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:25 pm

I agree it is ridiculous but they are trying at least. I say just cancel them all. It’s a “home game” for us now not that we wouldn’t come to Ironton if we could
It sucks for ironton to get this notice 48 before a game but kirtland or any other team cant help what just happened. But there are other counties around Columbus. To keep it kind of center state. Oh well 2020 strikes again lol
I agree it sucks. I say just cancel them that way no one can complain about anything other than them being cancelled. I’d imagine it’s hard to get a stadium last minutes notice but idk how that works
I’m sure the Players don’t care, they just want to play for a State Championship. We’re lucky to get to play at all.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:04 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:29 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:28 pm

It sucks for ironton to get this notice 48 before a game but kirtland or any other team cant help what just happened. But there are other counties around Columbus. To keep it kind of center state. Oh well 2020 strikes again lol
I agree it sucks. I say just cancel them that way no one can complain about anything other than them being cancelled. I’d imagine it’s hard to get a stadium last minutes notice but idk how that works
I’m sure the Players don’t care, they just want to play for a State Championship. We’re lucky to get to play at all.
The players I’d agree with. The fans, not so much. We had no say in this. We never complain no matter where they are at. We can win in any stadium the same as we do at home. Hell we was playing at mentor stadium when we could have been at home. It’s not that far but point being we didn’t need to be home

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Pick Central knelt when the national anthem was played last week in the D1 final......and Raider has no love for the DeSales, Hartley's and Toledo Central Catholics of the world as they have beaten his beloved Athens Bullpups a few times in the playoffs over the years. He's very sensitive !!!!! :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:03 pm
I believe he’s referring to pick central
I was curious. Kinda almost sounds like another anti catholic slur. Sure hope not. S/E Ohio could do without more bigotry. They already have enough to last a life time.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:27 pm
Pick Central knelt when the national anthem was played last week in the D1 final......and Raider has no love for the DeSales, Hartley's and Toledo Central Catholics of the world as they have beaten his beloved Athens Bullpups a few times in the playoffs over the years. He's very sensitive !!!!! :lol:
So they exercised their constitutional right and didnt use an object as a prop?

How awful. 😂

Good for them. Great program. Great buncha kids at Pick Central.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:29 pm

How awful. 😂

This hornets’ nest got kicked on Yappi, but I will say as someone who lives there (my house is also in the PC attendance zone) that I definitely stand behind the kids even if I don’t necessarily agree with them kneeling. Who are we to judge, after all? Especially given that many of them likely grew up with life experiences different from me.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:37 pm

How awful. 😂

This hornets’ nest got kicked on Yappi, but I will say as someone who lives there (my house is also in the PC attendance zone) that I definitely stand behind the kids even if I don’t necessarily agree with them kneeling. Who are we to judge, after all? Especially given that many of them likely grew up with life experiences different from me.
This. This is the post. Your life is completely different to those that are currently enduring and everything is different the times have changed, is about respecting their decisions and understanding rather than ridiculing. While some may disagree understand that’s what you think and they think the opposite. No need to put them down for having a difference of opinion

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

How awful. 😂

Agree 100%

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:41 pm

How awful. 😂

This. This is the post. Your life is completely different to those that are currently enduring and everything is different the times have changed, is about respecting their decisions and understanding rather than ridiculing. While some may disagree understand that’s what you think and they think the opposite. No need to put them down for having a difference of opinion
🎯 Spot on!!

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

They should of just moved them down the road to Teays Valley. You don't need that much seating anyway.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

petesweaty wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:49 pm They should of just moved them down the road to Teays Valley. You don't need that much seating anyway.
Ridiculous location. Why not switch it up and move the games to Jackson?

Perish the thought of NEO teams traveling. Smh

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:58 pm
petesweaty wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:49 pm They should of just moved them down the road to Teays Valley. You don't need that much seating anyway.

Talk to OHSAA. We will come wherever

6O HORN3TS 🐝
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Teays Valley is no different than Obetz moron.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Can someone answer what all work is involved in getting a stadium to host? I’m not sure the process

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Oh I know Kirtland will travel. ( Ironton & Kirtland should schedule at least one home & away series for reg season just cause) but as far as ohssa is concerned, the SEO teams get zero respect. More travel. More cost. Visible bias.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

I’d say there’s a good chance in that. Chardon and Lake Catholic are our neighbors and we are cheering them both on

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:17 pm

Oh I know Kirtland will travel. ( Ironton & Kirtland should schedule at least one home & away series for reg season just cause) but as far as ohssa is concerned, the SEO teams get zero respect. More travel. More cost. Visible bias.
The Massillon folks take care of the OHSAA folks pretty well. I'm friends with a couple of those guys and they love it when the games are hosted there and in Canton. The added bonus, according to them, is it's "a weekend away from the Mrs." LOL When the games are in central Ohio they don't have an excuse to stay in a hotel so they have to go back to the wife. LOL

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:17 pm

That would be fun. I’d love to follow them down and come check out the tank that I here so much about

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”