SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 9 Gallia Academy@Ironton

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton by a lot

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

The discrepancy in development ( skill, physical, philosophy) between Irontons kids & the rest of the ovc is HUGE.

Over by half.

BTWN_THE_LINE
MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:20 pm The discrepancy in development ( skill, physical, philosophy) between Irontons kids & the rest of the ovc is HUGE.

Over by half.
I agree, but don’t fool yourself into believing that there isn’t some players on the Gallipolis team that can matchup with Ironton’s best. One of the fastest kids if not the fastest kid on the field #5 (4.46 laser) will be on Gallia Academy’s sideline on crutches with a torn meniscus has been since week 2. We have some hard nosed kids #8/#10/#11/#32/#77 are just a few. Ironton has the advantage in depth for sure. We self destructed Friday night and it finally caught up with us. The athletes at Gallia Academy are not gonna roll over just because it’s Ironton. Upsets happen all the time, that’s why you play the game. Found that out this past Friday. Ironton is a good team, Gallipolis will be a tough out for anyone next year as well. Losing a handful of seniors on a team that starts predominantly juniors. Best of luck to both teams, but in the end no one from the OVC is winning a state championship this year.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Excited to see what Clary can do in this one. Have always liked his athleticism in football and basketball.

If Gallia can do what Coal Grove did and keep it close for a half, that’s success. They are just in a bad spot trying to get computer points for D4 in a D5/6 league.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

MR305 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:10 pm
BigCarlito72 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:20 pm The discrepancy in development ( skill, physical, philosophy) between Irontons kids & the rest of the ovc is HUGE.

Over by half.
I agree, but don’t fool yourself into believing that there isn’t some players on the Gallipolis team that can matchup with Ironton’s best. One of the fastest kids if not the fastest kid on the field #5 (4.46 laser) will be on Gallia Academy’s sideline on crutches with a torn meniscus has been since week 2. We have some hard nosed kids #8/#10/#11/#32/#77 are just a few. Ironton has the advantage in depth for sure. We self destructed Friday night and it finally caught up with us. The athletes at Gallia Academy are not gonna roll over just because it’s Ironton. Upsets happen all the time, that’s why you play the game. Found that out this past Friday. Ironton is a good team, Gallipolis will be a tough out for anyone next year as well. Losing a handful of seniors on a team that starts predominantly juniors. Best of luck to both teams, but in the end no one from the OVC is winning a state championship this year.

I think this is Coach Pendleton’s best team since he’s be here at Ironton. I believe they have a shot to win the state this year. A lot of talent on the team with no drop off.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Like to see that 4.46 don't think so maybe 4.6 ???

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:40 pm Like to see that 4.46 don't think so maybe 4.6 ???

Touch base with AP Prep, they have the documentation and date verified. Thursday, June 23rd was the date. Will make it easier for you. :D

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Should be a good game

Burg grad 85
timmyray5252
Waterboy

Post by timmyray5252 »

Was a little surprised by the score, Roch Hill must have played a good game, Gallopolis looking ahead? Hope for a good clean game this week, thought the ref’s were a little off for both teams at Ironton, you are probably right about harvest prep, I’m sure they are the team to beat to get out of our region this year, that’s includes us( Ironton) the burg , fairland and porthsmouth, I’m sorry I missed some teams, playoffs just a different animal with snow, wind , rain, some years the elements can be pretty harsh, good luck Tigers!
Last edited by timmyray5252 on Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

So he was faster than Woodson hard to believe your hard to believe ? Jmo

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

frankie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:59 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:16 am Ironton in a game that isn't close after about the 6 minute mark of Q1
You've run your mouth all season about, in your words, "The Ironton Fighting Transfers". Are you going to show up at The Tank Friday to take in what a successful program looks like? The crowd, the band, cheerleaders, and of course the team. The atmosphere that your town can't come close to football Friday nights. Come on down and see how it's done. Win or lose Ironton pride.
As I mentioned on the other thread, I rarely get a day off because I work three jobs. So no. I will not be able to make the trip. I don't have a day this week that I don't work two of my jobs, other than Saturday and that's a 10 hour shift at one of them.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

frankie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:59 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:16 am Ironton in a game that isn't close after about the 6 minute mark of Q1
You've run your mouth all season about, in your words, "The Ironton Fighting Transfers". Are you going to show up at The Tank Friday to take in what a successful program looks like? The crowd, the band, cheerleaders, and of course the team. The atmosphere that your town can't come close to football Friday nights. Come on down and see how it's done. Win or lose Ironton pride.
I've said that line twice, by the way. And nowhere have I denied that Ironton is the class of the conference in football. That said, on another thread, I saw like 5 or 6 of their starters transferred into the program in the last couple years, including the kid who committed to Wisconsin. The whole "Fighting Transfers" thing is a joke. Not a d!ck. No need to take it so hard.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

With an attitude like Frankie its not hard to understand why some fans despise Ironton. They put together an all star team and then brag about it.. remember the old saying, whose your favorite team? Ans... Any team that beats Ironton...

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

superblue wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:46 am You've run your mouth all season about, in your words, "The Ironton Fighting Transfers". Are you going to show up at The Tank Friday to take in what a successful program looks like? The crowd, the band, cheerleaders, and of course the team. The atmosphere that your town can't come close to football Friday nights. Come on down and see how it's done. Win or lose Ironton pride.

With an attitude like Frankie its not hard to understand why some fans despise Ironton. They put together an all star team and then brag about it.. remember the old saying, whose your favorite team? Ans... Any team that beats Ironton...
I spoke the truth too bad you don't like it.
Gallia must not be your favorite team because they can't beat Ironton.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I believe we beat Ironton in 2018 & 2017, you probably forgot about those years didn't ya .. must have been some bad recruiting years....

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Will be a tremendous challenge. If we want to advance deep into the playoffs we’ll have to compete in this one. It’s going to take a near perfect game and some big plays will have to be made. Good luck boys

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

We've won 12 of the last 15 games we've played you, Friday will be 13 out of the last 16. I think your win in around 2005 was the first time you beat us in like 20 years or so. Atta boy, feel good about the 2 recent wins you have.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

superblue wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:46 am You've run your mouth all season about, in your words, "The Ironton Fighting Transfers". Are you going to show up at The Tank Friday to take in what a successful program looks like? The crowd, the band, cheerleaders, and of course the team. The atmosphere that your town can't come close to football Friday nights. Come on down and see how it's done. Win or lose Ironton pride.

Now a days they call that being a hater. Its spawned from jealousy. There is treatment.

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Vik wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:06 pm Will be a tremendous challenge. If we want to advance deep into the playoffs we’ll have to compete in this one. It’s going to take a near perfect game and some big plays will have to be made. Good luck boys
You just got beat by RH. Your best game at Ironton is still gonna get ya beat by 40. #reality

BTWN_THE_LINE
KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:41 pm
Vik wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:06 pm Will be a tremendous challenge. If we want to advance deep into the playoffs we’ll have to compete in this one. It’s going to take a near perfect game and some big plays will have to be made. Good luck boys
You just got beat by RH. Your best game at Ironton is still gonna get ya beat by 40. #reality
Nice to see you using the account that you started here at SEOPS, SpeedKillz/Chill/THEE_GAMEEE. At least you're talking your mess on the main account.

Return to “Football”