Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

mustard
Varsity

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Post by mustard »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:01 pm
mustard wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:00 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:39 pm

Yes, Moeller wanted him, that’s why the Ironton Board meeting was so important, making his AD job a full time job was a key matter. He’ll be at Ironton for quite some time after the results of the meeting.
So you're sayin they offered him or interviewed him? if they offered and he turned them down, bad move on his part if he wanted to move up in coaching. because im sure moeller would pay about the same and the only thing he would have to do is coach, not coach and AD
What I got from my friends connected with Moeller:

He was interviewed, as others were as well. Not sure if he made the second cut. More will be known by end of next week.

Given that he got a deal from Ironton, I would assume that either a) he didn’t make the cut, or b) he decided he didn’t want the job and preferred to stay at Ironton.
Or C: He made the cut and ironton is trying to keep him by creating a position........ i think Choice b wasn't in play but A and C makes sense

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:10 pm

So you're sayin they offered him or interviewed him? if they offered and he turned them down, bad move on his part if he wanted to move up in coaching. because im sure moeller would pay about the same and the only thing he would have to do is coach, not coach and AD

He was interviewed, as others were as well. Not sure if he made the second cut. More will be known by end of next week.

Given that he got a deal from Ironton, I would assume that either a) he didn’t make the cut, or b) he decided he didn’t want the job and preferred to stay at Ironton.
Or C: He made the cut and ironton is trying to keep him by creating a position........ i think Choice b wasn't in play but A and C makes sense
That could be.

Ironton is the safe choice for him, Moeller is the high risk/high reward choice. Coaching at a school with Moeller’s prestige would be difficult to turn down, especially If he has plans to move up the coaching ranks.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Lets Go Big Moe! wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:06 pm
mustard wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:14 am
RRX.2020 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:03 am I have never seen so many jealous idiots than the one's making these stupid comments. name another coach that has won as many games as coach or how many coaches have made it to state finals three times in the last year? we are very proud of our coach and more proud of the kids that got college Scholarships with the coaches help.
:lol: name one coach that's had more incoming talent than he's gotten. he's perfect for moeller

the public schools can't take it around here, johnny going from south point to ironton gets a lot of people butt hurt :lol:
We think so Too. That board meeting was smart. He increased his leverage. But we know how to ante up to get what we want.
If you guys lose Pendleton you should consider the Meigs coach as his replacement.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:23 pm
Lets Go Big Moe! wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:06 pm
mustard wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:14 am

:lol: name one coach that's had more incoming talent than he's gotten. he's perfect for moeller

the public schools can't take it around here, johnny going from south point to ironton gets a lot of people butt hurt :lol:
We think so Too. That board meeting was smart. He increased his leverage. But we know how to ante up to get what we want.
If you guys lose Pendleton you should consider the Meigs coach as his replacement.
Pendleton isn’t going anywhere

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

RRX.2020 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:03 am I have never seen so many jealous idiots than the one's making these stupid comments. name another coach that has won as many games as coach or how many coaches have made it to state finals three times in the last year? we are very proud of our coach and more proud of the kids that got college Scholarships with the coaches help.
Seems like he is a fantastic coach that has rebuilt program in a very short period of time. Making it to3 state championships in 5 years is incredible. Although he has not won the state championship yet Southeastern Ohio teams rarely do. I don't believe anyone except for burgh has won won from South Eastern Ohio in the last 30 years.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Amanda Clearcreek would probably be the next closest champ since 2000. Maybe Clinton Massie. It’s rare.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Pendleton was never a finalist for the Moeller job. Made a smart move with the Ironton board.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:04 pm

Pendleton was never a finalist for the Moeller job. Made a smart move with the Ironton board.
I wouldn’t bet the farm that he wasn’t a finalist for the Moeller job 😉. The Board did what they had to do to keep him at Ironton. He’s going to be leading the Fighting Tigers for many more years to come.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Heard from a person close to the program that he was offered the Moeller job.Glad he is staying here.Go Tigers!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:48 pm Heard from a person close to the program that he was offered the Moeller job.Glad he is staying here.Go Tigers!
You heard right!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:33 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:04 pm

I wouldn’t bet the farm that he wasn’t a finalist for the Moeller job 😉. The Board did what they had to do to keep him at Ironton. He’s going to be leading the Fighting Tigers for many more years to come.
He was NOT offered the job nor was he even a finalist. Any claims that he was are 100% false.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:48 pm Heard from a person close to the program that he was offered the Moeller job.Glad he is staying here.Go Tigers!
He was not offered the job! Didn’t even make the second cut. Not sure which program (Ironton or Moeller) you are hearing this from, but it is false.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

lol 😂

This is juicy.

On one side you got he was offered and the other he wasn’t

I gots to side with RB on this one. Why would he apply, get offered and then turn it down? Lol 😂

Just to get the board to give him a raise? lol he could of done that on a Tuesday morning. That town has a weird fetish with him 😆

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:00 pm
He was not offered the job! Didn’t even make the second cut. Not sure which program (Ironton or Moeller) you are hearing this from, but it is false.
Just used the Moeller interest as leverage for more money from Ironton. Smart move, but highly doubt he turned down an actual offer from Moeller.*

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:16 pm lol 😂

This is juicy.

I gots to side with RB on this one. Why would he apply, get offered and then turn it down? Lol 😂

Just to get the board to give him a raise? lol he could of done that on a Tuesday morning. That town has a weird fetish with him 😆
He wanted full time AD position and $xx (not six figures but a nice chunk of change). Said he would take the Moeller job if he didn’t get what he asked. Ironton gave it to him.

However, the Moeller job was never his. He played this extremely well. Kudos to him.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:06 pm

This is juicy.

He wanted full time AD position and $xx (not six figures but a nice chunk of change). Said he would take the Moeller job if he didn’t get what he asked. Ironton gave it to him.

However, the Moeller job was never his. He played this extremely well. Kudos to him.
Yes he “played” the board on this and they fell for it. And as you said, good for him. Now to prove he is worthy by delivering that danged elusive chip. Do you think he can finish the job?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:22 am

This is juicy.

Yes he “played” the board on this and they fell for it. And as you said, good for him. Now to prove he is worthy by delivering that danged elusive chip. Do you think he can finish the job?
Can he win a state title at Ironton? Yes. But he has to learn from the past games and make the necessary adjustments.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:51 am
eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:22 am

Can he win a state title at Ironton? Yes. But he has to learn from the past games and make the necessary adjustments.
So I guess that’s the question. Can Sly make the adjustments necessary to win the big one? He’s won several of the little ones. But the only big time win he has is with the school board recently. Time to step it up a few notches on the gridiron and earn his keep.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I don't think Ironton's head coach tried to leverage himself. He probably does want to coach at a higher level at sometime, and applied at Elder. Apparently he didn't get it. I think the district wants to keep him around as long as they can, so they gave him a good raise. He's already the AD. If he applied at Elder, hes probably going to keep looking in the future.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:23 am I don't think Ironton's head coach tried to leverage himself. He probably does want to coach at a higher level at sometime, and applied at Elder. Apparently he didn't get it. I think the district wants to keep him around as long as they can, so they gave him a good raise. He's already the AD. If he applied at Elder, hes probably going to keep looking in the future.
It was the Moeller job that was recently vacated by coach Elder; interesting last name for a Moeller coach.

Pendleton was the AD but was not a full-time gig. He wanted it to be full-time along with a significant bump. I was told he also claimed to have been offered the Moeller job.

But I think you are right. The Ironton board looked at the situation knowing that even if he didn’t have the Moeller job, he would keep looking if not given the bump.

Return to “Football”