Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

IRONFALCON wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
southernpride wrote:The coach from West is really cracking me up. "We had total control of this game from the opening kickoff". How can you have total control of a 24-21 game? Not a falcon fan, but if that is his idea of total control, I must not know what total control means.
He sounded like an idiot on the radio. First he says that he has 5 great backs and it doesn't matter who carries it, then he says that his 2 best backs were hurt and that's why it was so close. Then he says that Minford wasn't that good and they just got a couple lucky passes. Not his exact words, but pretty close. Ever heard of respecting the team that you barely beat???
They were celebrating after the game like they just curb stomped the Patriots. I mean congrats to them they are a fine team, but not what some think they are. After seeing them and wheelersburg, IMO wheelersburg is the better team. Minford lost to both so it's not like I'm being sour about anything, just honest. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, don't hold your breath for the west side to be classy because you will suffocate. West fans can get on here and trash me or Minford fans all they want I really don't care. Perception is 9 tenths reality my friends.

At least they didn't tear up big chunks of the Falcons field after the win. :mrgreen:

Siderfan01
Waterboy

Post by Siderfan01 »

How is 99 yards on 15 carries considered being shut down. Alot of backs would love to have a game like that let alone a half
Last edited by Siderfan01 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

4th n Goal wrote:
southernpride wrote:The coach from West is really cracking me up. "We had total control of this game from the opening kickoff". How can you have total control of a 24-21 game? Not a falcon fan, but if that is his idea of total control, I must not know what total control means.
He sounded like an idiot on the radio. First he says that he has 5 great backs and it doesn't matter who carries it, then he says that his 2 best backs were hurt and that's why it was so close. Then he says that Minford wasn't that good and they just got a couple lucky passes. Not his exact words, but pretty close. Ever heard of respecting the team that you barely beat???

In control the whole game, huh?!?!? lol.. If not for that quick whistle on West's final drive, which was a fumble BTW, watch the film. Minford returns it for a TD. GAME OVER MINFORD WINS!

West dodged a bullet tonight, MInford out played and out hit them the Falcons just came up short at the end. And as far as Pendleton being a D-1 prospect, ha! Sorry he will be lucky to make a 1-AA team. And, I bet Wheelersburg beats West by 3 TDs or more the Pirate will mop the floor with your Westside behinds.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Siderfan01 wrote:How is 99 yards on 15 carries considered being shut down. Amit of backs would love to have a game like that let alone a half

For one, they hit him right out of the game. And I dont see how he got 99 yards tonight. Not from what I saw. Unless they were padding some stats.

westsidelarry
Waterboy

Post by westsidelarry »

aww bleeding red you just dont know when to shut your big mouth do you.same for you vladimir.your team lost now lets bash the west coach and trevon pendelton.

westsidelarry
Waterboy

Post by westsidelarry »

minford played a good game,very disciplined,unlike like bleeding reds mouth!!!! :122246 good luck the rest of the year

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

Great game. Keep your heads up boys, there's still plenty to play for.

Siderfan01
Waterboy

Post by Siderfan01 »

On another note west needs to limit the amount of penalties, slot of which shouldn't happen 7 weeks into a season. Bleeding just posting the yardage announced on the radio. He also had 2 tds. Anyway good luck to the falcons,you should make the playoffs

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

Vladimir wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:

In control the whole game, huh?!?!? lol.. If not for that quick whistle on West's final drive, which was a fumble BTW, watch the film. Minford returns it for a TD. GAME OVER MINFORD WINS!

West dodged a bullet tonight, MInford out played and out hit them the Falcons just came up short at the end. And as far as Pendleton being a D-1 prospect, ha! Sorry he will be lucky to make a 1-AA team. And, I bet Wheelersburg beats West by 3 TDs or more the Pirate will mop the floor with your Westside behinds.

Im guessin you are from burg....and it sounds like you are jealous of Pendleton being ranked and oh BRANDON SCHANKWEILER not being ranked.....and you say burg is gonna win by 2 or 3 tds...WELL after October 29th....AT THE ROCK....will see how much you are sayin when Pendleton shreds burg's D like he did last time it was there...

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Gotta give it to Minford. They played an almost flawless game. I dont know what happened at Wheelersburg but Minford is talented and nobody should beat them up like the Burg did if they got their heads on straight and play with a full heart. Very good football team Butcher is much better than anticipated both with his feet and his arm.

shiloh
Waterboy

Post by shiloh »

Typical Minford fans. You got beat and you need to accept that. Crying and making excuses won't win games the rest of your season. FYI West appeared to be the cleaner of the two teams, considering a couple Minford players seemed to be running their mouths and taking some cheap shots the entire game. Bleeding Red you need to pull your head out of you a$$ because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

here comes the WEST haters. We win they all jump on the band wagon and trash WEST. Talk about no class, just look at your post, not now but after the season and you will see just how tacky and non-classy you all sound. These are kids and you all sound like morons so hate all you want but WEST is still 7 and 0. BTW Pendleton had 99 yards on 15 carries just in the 1st half. WEST did dominate this game look at the stats in tomorrows paper you will see. This is all about this game, time to ready ourselves for the next opp., valley Way to go WEST 24- minford 21 :122245

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I am not bashing the kid Larry, he is good and one of the best in the area, but just not what alot of people think he is. I'm just saying I don't see D-1 for him. All week, I've heard how great this kid is and how major D-1 colleges are after him. Hell, Most people have no idea what a D-1 prospect is. Derrick Roback of Waverly is leaps and bounds ahead of this kid and he couldn't make it at Notre Dame as a Free Safety, he transfered to Ohio U in hopes of being a QB. Pendleton is not even in the top 3 Minford has faced all year. 1) Shankweiler- W'burg 2) Hale- Oak Hill 3) Osbourne- Wellston are all better RB. Maybe someone is looking at him at OLB but I don't see that either. I do wish him the best though.

Anyway, good luck it was a great game the came down to a last second 37-yard Field Goal that had the distance but was just a bit wide left or else we'd be talking about Overtime. And, I still say that was a fumble, you're just luckly the was an honest mistake by the Ref not seeing the ball come out and the wistle blew when the Minford kid was 10 yards going the other way.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

shiloh wrote:Typical Minford fans. You got beat and you need to accept that. Crying and making excuses won't win games the rest of your season. FYI West appeared to be the cleaner of the two teams, considering a couple Minford players seemed to be running their mouths and taking some cheap shots the entire game. Bleeding Red you need to pull your head out of you a$$ because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Minford played a clean game, as always. Cheap shots are not a problem at Minford when we get down, unlike the worst side.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

yes you are, dexter

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

Some of these posts are just flat out dumb. I'm a die hard Minford fan but how can anyone at that game not give the siders credit for the win. For the past 2 years when someone mentions west the first thing that comes up is pendleton. An tonight when he got hurt they knew that this was there shot to prove that there is more then just one person running this team and they did do what people doubted them of doing. I'm upset we lost it sucks to be honest and i'm not going to sit here and point little things out because come big game wise that was good calls and besides typical offsides an false starts they let the boys play. Keep your heads up falcons season isnt over yet.

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

How can you Minford folks think West didnt dominate?????
Other than the 3 big plays for tds we shut the SUPER FAST falcons down.
If it wasnt for them 3 plays and all our false starts we win by 4-5 TD.
As far as everyone bashing Trevon, we will see who plays football next year on Saturdays

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Great win for West. A ton of playoff points.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

OST wrote:Some of these posts are just flat out dumb. I'm a die hard Minford fan but how can anyone at that game not give the siders credit for the win. For the past 2 years when someone mentions west the first thing that comes up is pendleton. An tonight when he got hurt they knew that this was there shot to prove that there is more then just one person running this team and they did do what people doubted them of doing. I'm upset we lost it sucks to be honest and i'm not going to sit here and point little things out because come big game wise that was good calls and besides typical offsides an false starts they let the boys play. Keep your heads up falcons season isnt over yet.

Classy post. It was a great game to watch.. Somebody wins, somebody loses. It takes nothing away from a great effort by Minford, a very talented team. If West makes a mistake in that game and turns the ball over, Minford could have easily won. Both teams played a clean game in the t/o column.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Honestly I couldn't care what a bunch of crybaby falcon fans think. OST you seem to be the only sensible one there.

Fact: West dominated the line of scrimmage. We ran the ball at will and Minford couldn't stop West. West stopped West with mistakes. We never punted once. We won a tight ballgame with the best player in the area on both sides of the ball watching the second half.

I thought Minford played their hearts out. But truth, if not for a couple busted plays (Great plays by the QB and receiver) and mistakes by West in the redzone this is a 3-4 touchdown game. Except for the last drive, Minford couldn't sustain a drive. They had 1 long run. Other than that they couldn't run the football. I didn't hear coach, but I'm sure that is what he meant and he's right. West shot themselves in the foot all night.

Return to “Football”