WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Re: WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by Bo_Diaz »

I think one thing we can say for sure is post count has nothing to with intelligence or knowledge of a subject! Because after reading the last few pages, I can tell who the blowhard "idiot" is.

The Minford kids played hard and didn't deserve to lose anymore than Valley... It's unfortunate that the Valley Sr's will not have a shot at the playoffs and they will always feel that something was taken from them instead of just being beat by a better team. It's all in the film and I realize that both Valley and Minford people have a biased opinion about the call, but it seems that everyone without a dog in this fight thinks he was in the endzone. At any higher level of play Valley would have been awarded the 2 pt conversation after replay. Terrible break for the Indians and a great break for the Falcons. If I'm that official I wouldn't want to see the replay.

2013FALCON
Waterboy

Post by 2013FALCON »

Thought the defense played well on both sides last night. Just look at the score. Great job by Evan Howard #8 coming in and filling the QB spot. We can debate it till the cows come home about whether Crabtree was in or not, but the officials ruled on it and it stands. Great job by Zach Farrar #14 on stopping him. Both these boys are Sophomores and hopefully have a bright future ahead of them for the Falcons.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Bo_Diaz wrote:the Valley Sr's will not have a shot at the playoffs and they will always feel that something was taken from them .
well, actually (and fortunately for all of us), i'd say that most of them will grow up to be mature adults with far more important things on their minds than a white line on a fake field where KIDS play a GAME for fun....

thank GOD for small favors.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

KVDW wrote:
Bo_Diaz wrote:the Valley Sr's will not have a shot at the playoffs and they will always feel that something was taken from them .
well, actually (and fortunately for all of us), i'd say that most of them will grow up to be mature adults with far more important things on their minds than a white line on a fake field where KIDS play a GAME for fun....

thank GOD for small favors.

Ironic you say that, because some of the ADULTS on this website did not get that memo.

I agree with Bo Diaz, it's funny EVERYONE without a dog in this fight also say he was in...

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

chicken_coop wrote:
I agree with Bo Diaz, it's funny EVERYONE without a dog in this fight also say he was in...
not so fast my friend... :) .... I don't have a dog in this fight and i said that anybody that tries to make a declaration one way or the other on the call based on that video is just kidding themselves....ie....... they are nothing more or less than a biased fan.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

MuletownManiac wrote:I was standing on the Minford side right about the goal line, and I was looking for the RB to reach the ball over as he hit the hole pretty hard, but right when he did a Falcon backer came up and folded him up. What a great game by these two teams, we definitley got our moneys worth and more. By the way someone should tell the streaker to try out for the football team, that guy had some wheels. :lol:

i don't know if you have seen it but there is a video on youtube of the streaker. i recieved it on a wall post on facebook.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

And it’s funny how not one of the Refs signaled TD. No one can say with any absolute certainty that he crossed the plain of the goal line before his knee hit. If they do, they're full of BS and just trying to stir it up. The camera angle is not correct so if it went to replay the ruling on the field would stand as there is no conclusive evidence to overturn the ruling on the field.

All I know is #14 of Minford the FS, came up like a LB and laid a one heck of a hit on a guy that out weighs him by 50lbs or more.

minfordfan
Waterboy

Post by minfordfan »

selonmc wrote:Looked to me like he was in and I could care less about either team.
If u dont care then get of this thread....

mama knows best
Waterboy

Post by mama knows best »

Does the watching of the video now change the decision of the game? come on folks, give it up, move on, and support all those teams that are continuing on this weekend. Good luck to all the young men who will represent us (Scioto County) in the playoffs. Play hard and leave it on the field!

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Hey go for the tie and you get 4 chances to score instead of one.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Lot of questions that haven't been answered. Why didn't valley go for the extra point. Was Yates their kicker and do they have an adequate backup kicker? Did they have a FG kicker that could have been used in the OT period? All these are factors, but when you choose to go for the win or lose situation, you have to deal with the consequences, even if it was a bad call.

BTW, I don't have a dog in the fight, and it looked like it was in on the film. The ref who waved it off had no chance of seeing his knee from where he was due to all the bodies between him and the player. Plus, I have been told there are photos of the play on facebook that show the ball over the line and his knee not on the ground. With that said, should have kicked the extra point, IMO.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

chicken_coop wrote:
ON THE ROCKS wrote:like i said i was on the minford side ..and the ref on that side seen the knee..i just to happen to be on their side because i had to pee.. its just very very odd that no ref showed TD..hows the head ump going to see a knee from behind....

http://www.valleyls.org/highschool/inde ... Itemid=171
This is the link to the Valley finish.. Go to 1hour and 54 minutes into the game for the play....theres no way that ref saw it man, because the ball touched the purple before the knee ever hit.....he is the last guy to even come into the play...he's just walking..anyways I'm done with it...Good Luck vs N-Y

I agree 100% coop. I just watched it and the ball was definitely over the goal line and he was laying on the back of a player with his knee off the ground. Valley got hosed on that call for sure. What a shame.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I am not a biased fan but will offer my opinion after watching the video. I realize the video isn't at the greatest angle but it did seem like the first thing to hit the ground was the ball as the runner held it out. His legs appeared to be on top of another player, therefore not down.

As an official, I was shocked to see the umpire nodding so emphatically but no discussion seemed to take place. The official on the near sideline and the umpire both had a great look. True the umpire may not have the proper depth perception but I think he and the side official on the near side could have gotten together to discuss what each saw. The official on the far side didn't seem to have the best look at this at all. Considering how important the call was to the outcome of the game, I am surprised the crew didn't get together before signalling on such a close call.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:I am not a biased fan but will offer my opinion after watching the video. I realize the video isn't at the greatest angle but it did seem like the first thing to hit the ground was the ball as the runner held it out. His legs appeared to be on top of another player, therefore not down.

As an official, I was shocked to see the umpire nodding so emphatically but no discussion seemed to take place. The official on the near sideline and the umpire both had a great look. True the umpire may not have the proper depth perception but I think he and the side official on the near side could have gotten together to discuss what each saw. The official on the far side didn't seem to have the best look at this at all. Considering how important the call was to the outcome of the game, I am surprised the crew didn't get together before signalling on such a close call.
Too bad you werent working this game.. 8)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BlindWhiteHat

great post,I told someone through a PM, I thought the refs should have gotten together to at least discuss what each of them seen , to make sure they was getting the call right, esp. seeing how the back ref was sure he was in.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The ball was ran to the right side of the center. The sideline official to the play came in with no signal, the back judge was emphatically nodding his head yes, and the backside sideline comes in signalling no good. I dont know a lot about mechanics, but shouldnt the play side official be the first to be looked at to signal and he can then check off for help? lol I dont know, but from the film, his knee never touched the ground until the ball hit, however the angle wont let you see for sure if the ball was over. Tough situation for the officials.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:I am not a biased fan but will offer my opinion after watching the video. I realize the video isn't at the greatest angle but it did seem like the first thing to hit the ground was the ball as the runner held it out. His legs appeared to be on top of another player, therefore not down.

I am sure as an official you know that the umpire does not have that call. He simply indicates if the ball crosses the line, but does not make the call on a knee being down. With the linesman coming in so quickly he at least must have thought he saw a knee down, and there was a discussion however short it was. Once the umpire hears the wing say a knee was down his opinion of the ball crossing is moot.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I agree that the umpire doesn't make the call but he can have input. I'd say he felt the ball was over the goal line because he was nodding emphatically. I would disagree about the umpire's point being moot. If the linesman says he's down and the line judge says he's in then I think the umpire's opinion is not moot at all. I'm not going to argue what happened but I just feel a slightly longer discussion in that situation would have been appropriate.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I had my wife watch the video...She said he didnt get in....Im not arguing with her anymore..

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

NY BUCKS wrote:I had my wife watch the video...She said he didnt get in....Im not arguing with her anymore..

Smart man!

Return to “Football”