November 3, 2023 Wheelersburg 34 - 0 Portsmouth

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Trojans vs the Burg

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:04 pm Congrats to Burg for the dominating win. They are a great team, and Portsmouth didn’t help themselves with the silly penalties and bad play calling. I know it’s a rivalry or was at one time. But you gotta keep your emotions in check. Burg has been there, they knew how to act, Portsmouth did not. Beating a dead horse but like I’ve said all year play calling was once again bad. Would like to shout out the Burg kicker, very impressed with him and his leg. Good news for the Trojans is a young team that wasn’t expected to be very good was solid. Lots to work with for next season, need to find some sort of passing game, and work on the secondary. Hoping for another Burg-Ironton game in a few weeks. Wonder if that game would possibly be at Portsmouth again? Go Trojans!

I wonder how many of those personal foul penalties involved Devon Lattimore!!! Not sure why and I don't know all that went on with him at Portsmouth but what was told is that the Portsmouth players voted to not let him back on the team last year. He came to Burg and has been a great addition to the Burg offense and defense. He is a playmaker, that's for sure.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:11 pm
PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:04 pm Congrats to Burg for the dominating win. They are a great team, and Portsmouth didn’t help themselves with the silly penalties and bad play calling. I know it’s a rivalry or was at one time. But you gotta keep your emotions in check. Burg has been there, they knew how to act, Portsmouth did not. Beating a dead horse but like I’ve said all year play calling was once again bad. Would like to shout out the Burg kicker, very impressed with him and his leg. Good news for the Trojans is a young team that wasn’t expected to be very good was solid. Lots to work with for next season, need to find some sort of passing game, and work on the secondary. Hoping for another Burg-Ironton game in a few weeks. Wonder if that game would possibly be at Portsmouth again? Go Trojans!

I wonder how many of those personal foul penalties involved Devon Lattimore!!! Not sure why and I don't know all that went on with him at Portsmouth but what was told is that the Portsmouth players voted to not let him back on the team last year. He came to Burg and has been a great addition to the Burg offense and defense. He is a playmaker, that's for sure.
Not sure, I think he’s still friends with some of the kids. I don’t know the exact situation either, only the same as you said. He wanted to win against his old team, had a nice game for sure. That offense fits him well, unlike what Portsmouth had this season.

Who Dey!
Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Agree with the comment on the Burg kicker. He is the sophomore backup and has done a great job replacing the all state senior who suffered a season ending knee injury

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:15 pm Agree with the comment on the Burg kicker. He is the sophomore backup and has done a great job replacing the all state senior who suffered a season ending knee injury
Wow I would’ve thought this kid was the starter. I love good special teams, Burg definitely has a good unit. The fact that this kid is only a sophomore is awesome.

Who Dey!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:14 pm

Not sure, I think he’s still friends with some of the kids. I don’t know the exact situation either, only the same as you said. He wanted to win against his old team, had a nice game for sure. That offense fits him well, unlike what Portsmouth had this season.

Yeah, you could see that after the game lot of Trojans hugging him. He grew up playing alongside all of those kids, so definitely a lot of emotions.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:17 pm
Oldtimer55 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:15 pm Agree with the comment on the Burg kicker. He is the sophomore backup and has done a great job replacing the all state senior who suffered a season ending knee injury
Wow I would’ve thought this kid was the starter. I love good special teams, Burg definitely has a good unit. The fact that this kid is only a sophomore is awesome.

Burg has had some great kickers ever since they started using kids from the soccer team. Not sure why other teams don't do this.

Losing Estep was a big blow but Heimbach has stepped in a done a great job. He doesn't quite have the leg yet to get the ball to the endzone on the kickoff but he too far off.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Congratulations Burg on a Dominant win!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:08 am Nice win for the Trojans in W11. Glad this one is being played. Trojans big underdogs in this one, will need a few turnovers from Wheelersburg to have a chance.

Going Wheelersburg 41, Portsmouth 0.
Accurate

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Burg set the tone early with the big hit on the Trojan RB causing the lost fumble and it was 21-0 as folks were just getting comfortable in their seats! How many unsportsmanlike penalties does a team have to get before the coach does something about it? I don’t see this game being back on the regular season schedule anytime soon

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Burg special teams has probably been the best in SEO as long as I can recall

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

PHS in SOC 1 would be excellent for all sports.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Agree Jeaux, but they got off to a slow start this season ….almost cost them the McNicholas game but seem to have things in order now! Speaking of Cincinnati McNicholas, they lost to undefeated Clinton Massie by 1 last night and undefeated Hamilton Badin by 3 in week 10 so they proved to be a quality team that Burg was fortunate to defeat

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

packers80 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:55 am PHS in SOC 1 would be excellent for all sports.
Not sure if you meant 2 or are trolling. Portsmouth should be in the SOC 2. Already play Minford, Burg, Valley, SW, West, in many sports, it just makes sense.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:59 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:55 am PHS in SOC 1 would be excellent for all sports.
Not sure if you meant 2 or are trolling. Portsmouth should be in the SOC 2. Already play Minford, Burg, Valley, SW, West, in many sports, it just makes sense.
Way they played last night should be SOC 1

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Agree

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:55 pm
Way they played last night should be SOC 1
Well that’s another silly comment from you. If that were the case then every single SOC 2 team Burg beat should also be SOC 1.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

If you really want to know what and why he is not playing at Portsmouth,ask one of your football coaches or maybe players ,da same thing he did at Portsmouth to get him voted off da team he is doing same thing there and just like at Portsmouth even da burg let's him get away with it .

Quit the team multiple times in last two weeks let come back
Missed practice,come back
Concerts more important,come back.
Won't come back on field until begged come back .
Just ask ✔️

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

[/quote]

If you really want to know what and why he is not playing at Portsmouth,ask one of your football coaches or maybe players ,da same thing he did at Portsmouth to get him voted off da team he is doing same thing there and just like at Portsmouth even da burg let's him get away with it .

Quit the team multiple times in last two weeks let come back
Missed practice,come back
Concerts more important,come back.
Won't come back on field until begged come back .
Just ask ✔️
[/quote]

Is this statement true?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Not trolling. SOC 2 is what I meant, sorry. PHS added to that would be a good addition I think.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Ptown belongs and I've been an advocate for years. Let bygones be bygones and make it happen before my death

Return to “Football”