Week 5 Oak Hill @ Minford

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

choas
Waterboy

Re: Week 5 Oak Hill @ Minford

Post by choas »

Congrats to my Falcons on a hard fought game. Would like to see both teams in week 11 or 12. Thoughts and prayers for the injured boys from Oak Hill.Best of luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

OK, 4thekids..............that is enough.
30 lashes with a wet noodle........sorry OU --- but the truth is the truth

And Oak Hill was not prepared? Prepared for the team that superman speed was going to run all over them?
They were prepared.....adjusted for the loss of - a 4 year starter, qb and team leader.
....but not prepared for the loss of another vital cog- a 4 year starter that has amazing hands and moves......
come on guys.............you can't expect or imagine that another player is going to get injured and how that is
going to affect not only subs, but a change in offense, kick return, long snapper, defense....etc.

Sounded like a very good high school game. Good luck to Minford- looking forward to see you again.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

tjhtygeverve wrote:eeek... Looking at the remainder of the schedule for the oaks, they cannot afford a loss. If so, week eleven may come and go without them present. Minford was enough to handle them without a significant player and a few other banged up guys.. Great teams are able to overcome this and march on. so, It goes alot to show that minford just flexed their playoff experience in this one. Oak hills schedule is suspect. WAY too many division 6 schools on it. Oak hill cannot afford a loss. Almost every team they have beaten must continue to win, and the same for the ones they have yet to play, or i thinnk they will not qualify for post season. Just a week schedule in terms of 4 division 6 schools left with .500 schedules or less. They will get a game from symmes valley, and that is the oaks must have win game to even have a chance to qualify.. what a shame... all the other schools above and below the oaks have much stronger strength of schedules and are favorites to win out.

Oaks will make it at 9-1. Get healthy win out and your in. not very many teams in that region will make it at 8-2 regardless of strength of schedule

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good hard hitting football game tonight. The Oaks had a good initial drive, then Minford's Defense stood tall and Oak Hill had a really hard time moving the ball on them all night. I know alot of people are going to say Oak Hill would have been different with Slone. I agree, but I think that Minford OWNED the line of scrimmage against a much bigger Oak Hill line and when OH would try to throw, Minford was hitting the QB in the backfield before he could plant his feet to throw. So giving credit to Minford's D line and not taking anything away from Slone, I dont think it would have made the difference in the game. OH's receivers were covered tight all night and Slone would have been trying to throw on the run tonight.

Minford moved the ball well. Score could have been worse without a million holding penalties on big big plays (LOL).

I hope the officials read their books: one a tipped pass, defender can hit reciever to keep him from catching the ball while it is still in the air. I hope Minford never schedules that crew again :)

Good luck to the Oaks. I think Minford was very physical tonight and just flat out wore Oak Hill down up front and was too fast to let Oak Hill get around the end.

Now Minford enters a very tough 2 weeks stretch in conference play. GO BIG RED!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Way to go Falcons!!! The boys came out and played their hearts out. The D-fense was great, the way the flew to the ball, really made a difference tonight. It was the hardest hitting game of the year.
The O-fense looked really good at times. They were able to move the ball, when they needed to. The O-line really made a name for itself tonight. Now the SOC II games start, everybody will be shooting at us!!

I can't say enough about Oak Hill's team. They really played hard, and did not quit. My hat's off to the players, and the coaches. #32 is a stud, he ran as hard as any back I've seen in years. We all know they would be a different team with #10 in the game, but you can't take nothing away from the Oak Hill players that were able to play. They have a great bunch of boys, that can really get after it.
Good Luck the rest of the year, and a Minford & Oak Hill play-off game, at Jackson, would be a great match-up.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Bleeding Red wrote:Good hard hitting football game tonight. The Oaks had a good initial drive, then Minford's Defense stood tall and Oak Hill had a really hard time moving the ball on them all night. I know alot of people are going to say Oak Hill would have been different with Slone. I agree, but I think that Minford OWNED the line of scrimmage against a much bigger Oak Hill line and when OH would try to throw, Minford was hitting the QB in the backfield before he could plant his feet to throw. So giving credit to Minford's D line and not taking anything away from Slone, I dont think it would have made the difference in the game. OH's receivers were covered tight all night and Slone would have been trying to throw on the run tonight.

Minford moved the ball well. Score could have been worse without a million holding penalties on big big plays (LOL).

I hope the officials read their books: one a tipped pass, defender can hit reciever to keep him from catching the ball while it is still in the air. I hope Minford never schedules that crew again :)

Good luck to the Oaks. I think Minford was very physical tonight and just flat out wore Oak Hill down up front and was too fast to let Oak Hill get around the end.

Bleeding Red,
Congrats. Minford has a good football team. I do believe it would have been more competitive if Slone plays and Maynard does get injuired, but injuries are part of game. I won't make excuses. oaks need to get healthy and ready for drive for playoffs.
Hope to see you guys again in the playoffs. Always pulling for area teams in the playoffs.

Officials hate Minford! LOL

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

Congratulations to the Falcons on a big win tonight. Their chances of making the playoffs have drastically increased. Overall good game, but some things need improvement before conference play starts (i.e. dumb penalties). The defense shut down the run game. Slone's absence could have made a difference, but I'm not sure he would have won them the game, this game consists of 11 players on each side of the ball for a reason.

Congratulations Falcons on the big win!

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:Way to go Falcons!!! The boys came out and played their hearts out. The D-fense was great, the way the flew to the ball, really made a difference tonight. It was the hardest hitting game of the year.
The O-fense looked really good at times. They were able to move the ball, when they needed to. The O-line really made a name for itself tonight. Now the SOC II games start, everybody will be shooting at us!!

I can't say enough about Oak Hill's team. They really played hard, and did not quit. My hat's off to the players, and the coaches. #32 is a stud, he ran as hard as any back I've seen in years. We all know they would be a different team with #10 in the game, but you can't take nothing away from the Oak Hill players that were able to play. They have a great bunch of boys, that can really get after it.
Good Luck the rest of the year, and a Minford & Oak Hill play-off game, at Jackson, would be a great match-up.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!
Bushy Tail Butcher,

Classy post! Good luck to a very good Minford team. Tough road ahead in your league. Good luck against the Burg. Would love to see these teams meet again in Jackson. Beautiful place to play.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

pigskinguru wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Good hard hitting football game tonight. The Oaks had a good initial drive, then Minford's Defense stood tall and Oak Hill had a really hard time moving the ball on them all night. I know alot of people are going to say Oak Hill would have been different with Slone. I agree, but I think that Minford OWNED the line of scrimmage against a much bigger Oak Hill line and when OH would try to throw, Minford was hitting the QB in the backfield before he could plant his feet to throw. So giving credit to Minford's D line and not taking anything away from Slone, I dont think it would have made the difference in the game. OH's receivers were covered tight all night and Slone would have been trying to throw on the run tonight.

Bleeding Red,
Congrats. Minford has a good football team. I do believe it would have been more competitive if Slone plays and Maynard does get injuired, but injuries are part of game. I won't make excuses. oaks need to get healthy and ready for drive for playoffs.
Hope to see you guys again in the playoffs. Always pulling for area teams in the playoffs.

As all Minford fans will be pulling for the Oaks to win out.

And I hope we dont meet the Oaks week 11. I would rather have a rematch in WEEK 13! That would be better!

And like myself and most other Minford fans have said all week, we would rather had ALL of the Oaks healthy for this game. And I still say that was as STUPID 15 yd penalty when the tipped ball was in the air and the receiver was trying to get back to the tipped ball :roll:

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Bleeding Red wrote:
pigskinguru wrote:

Bleeding Red,

As all Minford fans will be pulling for the Oaks to win out.

And I hope we dont meet the Oaks week 11. I would rather have a rematch in WEEK 13! That would be better!

And like myself and most other Minford fans have said all week, we would rather had ALL of the Oaks healthy for this game. And I still say that was as STUPID 15 yd penalty when the tipped ball was in the air and the receiver was trying to get back to the tipped ball :roll:
I will agree... way too many penalties. A hold can be called on every play if the official so chooses.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

I hate to for people to get started on week 11, or anything about play-offs. Minford has a long row to hoe. The SOC II is full of good teams, and it's just starting. We will talk play-offs, after the Valley game.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

What a game by the Falcons by far the hardest hitting game of the year, I dont think the Oaks have been hit that hard all year. The line dominated the line and wore those big uglies from Oak Hill out. Good luck to the Oaks the rest of the year and here's to a speedy recovery to Mr. Slone and Mr.Maynard.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

pigskinguru wrote: I will agree... way too many penalties. A hold can be called on every play if the official so chooses.
The holding penalties against Minford were legit. Penalties like that cannot happen next week or Wheelersburg will make you pay. Several long gains were called back and that just cannot continue to happen. Wheelersburg will be ready and Minford will need to play better than tonight to win next week.

Nice job of containing #32 tonight by the Minford D. Butcher just continues to amaze people with the speed he has. Gaines had some nice runs tonight and a good game on defense. Good to see the Falcons win, especially after last year. Congrats Minford!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Big win for Minford tonight. They came out and did what they had to do for a W. Still some things that need fixing and fast heading into league play. Defense looked outstanding, at times. Any time you shut the oaks out with Hale you have done something. Too many mental errors, fumble at an inopportune time, and holding. When the refs were calling holding like they were the O-line has to adjust and get the hands way inside and do some old school shoulder blocking. Oak Hill is a very good team that should only have one more tough game left. I hate to hear about their injuries, but with all do respect that is exactly what other teams talked about after last year, when you have a tough schedule injuries will add up win or lose. Good news is the starters won't have to play a lot the next 5 weeks so plenty of time to get healthy. Hope the oaks win, and they're very capable of doing it.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think Minford loses one game in regular season .West will be too much for them,Minford will host a playoff game. West is too much for most teams in this area. I hope them and Ironton get to square off.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

im wanting to see that game my self. ironton vs west in the playoffs.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

The Falcons must be loaded with SPEED.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Bring on the Falcons!!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

demaniac1 wrote:Bring on the Falcons!!
Don't you worry; We Are Coming!!!!

Way to go Falcons, #3, #27, #5, and sometimes #15, all looked good running the ball, for the Falcons. I think the O-fensive line played as well as they could, against such a big strong Oak Hill line. I think the Ref's just got carried away, if you can block with your hands, how can you call it holding.

Great job Falcons

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Congrats to the Falcons...hope to definitely see you guys in the playoffs and both teams be healthy..proud of our boys for not giving up when Maynard went out 5 minutes into the game..we held them to 13 points..we will be fine just need to heal our boys up and win out..

Return to “Football”