Re: Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:53 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:50 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:36 pm 💪🏻

https://youtu.be/52MWfh855yw
https://youtu.be/e0RptoNRobI 👀
I wish we could have just came there. I was ready for a road trip
Well, you clearly have a passion for prep football in Ohio, so I'm sure you'd appreciate the vibe. I'm sure its real familiar & its hallowed ground. Lot of history w regards to football as a whole in Ohio tied into that old stadium. Ohio State greats. NFL sack leaders & HOF candidates. The origins of football on Thanksgiving. A coaching legend. Roots run real deep.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:03 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:53 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:50 pm

https://youtu.be/e0RptoNRobI 👀
I wish we could have just came there. I was ready for a road trip
Well, you clearly have a passion for prep football in Ohio, so I'm sure you'd appreciate the vibe. I'm sure its real familiar & its hallowed ground. Lot of history w regards to football as a whole in Ohio tied into that old stadium. Ohio State greats. NFL sack leaders & HOF candidates. The origins of football on Thanksgiving. A coaching legend. Roots run real deep.
I love all football. I was as excited watching NB/JFK earlier as I am now watching Hoban/Massillon as I will be watching Kirtland/Ironton tomorrow. I keep up with all teams. I do the same with college football as well. Very proud of NB. They almost didn’t have a team a 6-7 years ago and was trying to be forced out of the MAC

6O HORN3TS 🐝
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Tigers had a loud sendoff at the school. The team and coaches are more than ready for tomorrows game.
Go Tigers!!!

lol @ #noexcuses

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Good luck Tigers!!!! Bring it back to Southern Ohio!!!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Good luck Ironton

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Tigers, hope both teams have an injury free game.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Change of venue hasn’t hurt 2 different teams. Travel distance/home field is 0 for 2

#noexcuses
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ballrmom1
Riding the Bench

Post by ballrmom1 »

I Believe This One Belongs To The TIGERS! Good Luck Fellas

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

6O HORN3TS 🐝
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Good luck Tigers!! Bring that gold trophy back to Southern Ohio!!

How is the state able to afford to put up the schools that had to travel tonight? I thought they didn’t have any money. Hopefully they are paying for the hotels. It could put a huge hurt on some of these schools that couldn’t afford it. They didn’t make any money this year either. Maybe some local folks put up the money if it was needed.

Someone in Stark county has something on the OHSAA. Plenty of venues outside of Franklin county that could have held these games but yet they get sent to Massillon!!!B...S...!!! Going to knock a lot of people out of going due to the distance. I know a lot of posters on here said they would travel anywhere to play but for some folks it’s just not feasible. I know in 2017 my Dad was able to attend every Burg game that year except the Championship game. He just wasn’t able to make that 4 hour trip. That was a sad day! OHSAA needs to get there crap together!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:07 am Good luck Tigers!! Bring that gold trophy back to Southern Ohio!!

How is the state able to afford to put up the schools that had to travel tonight? I thought they didn’t have any money. Hopefully they are paying for the hotels. It could put a huge hurt on some of these schools that couldn’t afford it. They didn’t make any money this year either. Maybe some local folks put up the money if it was needed.

Someone in Stark county has something on the OHSAA. Plenty of venues outside of Franklin county that could have held these games but yet they get sent to Massillon!!!B...S...!!! Going to knock a lot of people out of going due to the distance. I know a lot of posters on here said they would travel anywhere to play but for some folks it’s just not feasible. I know in 2017 my Dad was able to attend every Burg game that year except the Championship game. He just wasn’t able to make that 4 hour trip. That was a sad day! OHSAA needs to get there crap together!
I’d be grateful to Massillon but that’s just my perspective. Idc where we play but these games no doubt would have been canceled if not for Massillon. It takes planning and a stadium willing and capable of hosting and staffing. Massillon did this for free on the drop of a dime notice. You can’t never please everyone. I’m sure the players and coaches involved are happy they get to play and to me that’s all that matters

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

12 hours and counting. Ironton, you are on the clock. Had to steal that lol. Good luck to both teams

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:41 pm Change of venue hasn’t hurt 2 different teams. Travel distance/home field is 0 for 2

#noexcuses
In all fairness, what was the avg travel time of the winning team? I'm not buying the excuse, if there is one, travel cost the team an extra walk thru practice.

I realize most teams playing in the championship games are from NEO. I just think and believe because SEO is mostly rural, with a smaller population base, they are generally overlooked, in a whole host of issues.

It has nothing to do with my opinion of this game and outcome. To be the top dog you must take care of business on the field, against the champs.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:30 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:41 pm Change of venue hasn’t hurt 2 different teams. Travel distance/home field is 0 for 2

#noexcuses
In all fairness, what was the avg travel time of the winning team? I'm not buying the excuse, if there is one, travel cost the team an extra walk thru practice.

I realize most teams playing in the championship games are from NEO. I just think and believe because SEO is mostly rural, with a smaller population base, they are generally overlooked, in a whole host of issues.

It has nothing to do with my opinion of this game and outcome. To be the top dog you must take care of business on the field, against the champs.
I’m not sure exactly but I know New Bremen had to travel and won and Hoban had to travel AND play on their home field and won. These kids have played and practiced all year. To think a few hour travel time would change the outcome is just something I’m not buying into. EDIT 3 hours 8 mins for New Bremen to put a runner on JFK. You guys are 1 hour further. 1 hour not gonna change anything in my opinion

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I don't agree travel will change the outcome either, especially since Ironton went up the day prior.

I'm sure the coach had the team doing a few laps to get their legs back under them.

#noexcuses

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:04 am I don't agree travel will change the outcome either, especially since Ironton went up the day prior.

I'm sure the coach had the team doing a few laps to get their legs back under them.

#noexcuses
I second that. Good luck to both

#noexcuses

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

It’s no secret who I’m pulling for and if we win and keep the streak alive, great! That’s what I want, but if we do happen to lose, I’ll be proud of Ironton and happy for their fans for getting back there again and not letting last year haunt them. Either way, rest assured, there will be no excuses from me

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”