Week 5 Oak Hill @ Minford

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Re: Week 5 Oak Hill @ Minford

Post by MuletownManiac »

Big win for the Falcons, unfortunately it was against an injury depleted OH squad. I was hoping I wouldnt feel this way, but I cant help but wonder what if they did have all their horses playing, and we only scored 13 points???? Credit to OH defense for playing a solid game, sounds to me like our Falcons aren't quite there yet. More work to do on Monday boys, big game this week also.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

No doubt the Oaks would have been stonger with everyone healthy. BUT.....Minford owned the line of scrimmage. Not much anyone can do when they are getting hit at the line of scrimmage or running from defenders in the pocket. Minford was just blowing through their line.

Also, Minford played VERY physical. They delivered shot after shot on OH's backs and our running backs just pounded Oak Hill's defense all night.

Many times 3-4 Falcons were drilling the back at the line of scrimmage and putting hard, hard hits on them. You could see it really wore the Oaks down, but they held in there and never quit. I thought our LB's and D line played really well. Not many plays got behind them all night.

I commend Oak Hill for not trying to play Slone. He seems like a great young man, no reason to risk long lasting injury over a high school football game. I hope he heals quickly and would love to rematch them with eveyone healthy.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Good HS football game. Hopefully the Oaks get healthy and Minford wins out and we can try this again.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Westen Hale has a heart a mile wide. Great job falcons

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Post by photo_electric_guy »

Pics from the game now posted

http://ginosphotos.net2go.com

Forgot to mention this is a home based server and is slow.

Uncle C
Riding the Bench

Post by Uncle C »

Rain and the refs played a factor in both teams running game. I expected Oak hill to score atleast 21 with Hale. but also expected minford to put up 42 , in their running game. Good luck to Oak Hill...No I do not think you will get in this year, even if you win outright... I wish it was so, but it is not going to happen. Minford plays some tought teams , but I really do not think they have played their best , against an equally good team....Just work on the burg and go from there....Congrats Minford, nothing but class....

falconbacker
Waterboy

Post by falconbacker »

Congrats Falcons!!
OH is a good team and they missed Slone. Hale is awesome, but it became clear that without Slone they were one dimensional.
Minford's backfield was awesome. Defense played great. WAY TO GO FALCONS!!!!!!

falconbacker
Waterboy

Post by falconbacker »

MightyOaksFan wrote:This will be the first regular season loss for Oak Hill in football, boys basketball and girls basketball since I believe Jan. 17, 2009. Something like 74 regular season games in a row in those sports.

Great streak! If you guys would play a stronger schedule all year I don't know if I would be able to congratulate such a streak.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

We missed Maynard a lot too not just slone!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

We missed Maynard a lot too not just slone!

falconbacker
Waterboy

Post by falconbacker »

MuletownManiac wrote:I, as a true Falcon fan, am dissappointed to hear the news about OH QB Slone, The ramifications aren't just about this game, I heard that there were going to be Big Ten scouts there tonight, and I dont want to see him miss an opportunity to play in front of them, and then you have to worry about the rest of the season. Good Luck and a speedy recovery to this young man.

I agree Muletown Maniac, Sorry to hear that Slone missed out playing both for the Oaks and the scouts. Hope you heal soon young man.

falconbacker
Waterboy

Post by falconbacker »

Maynard and Slone were definitely missed by Oak Hill. I am sure Minford fans are like most fans from other schools, we also want all of the kids to be healthy and play against us. Because when we beat you we do not want you to have any excuses. :-D

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

demaniac1 wrote:Bring on the Falcons!!
Becareful what you ask for because Minford cannot wait until next Friday, and they will show up. The Oak Hill game is one they wanted beause of what happened last year and it was the only real blemish on their record, but w'burg is the one they've had circled all year. Hey 99% of burg fans called the Minford win last year a fluke, and now the Falcons are out not only to defend their outright SOCII title but to also prove a point.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

13 points might have been enough to get the Win in this Game but if these two Teams meet again in the Playoffs and Maynard and Sloan are Healthy I think its going to take more than 13 Points to Beat OH. JMO
Anyway Congrats to the Falcons on The BIG Win!!!!!!!!!!!!

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Just 2 wks and those West Siders come calling to see how many points they can put under the Guest Sign on the Falcons Scoreboard. Can't hardly Wait!!!!!!!!! Should Be a Dandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Sider_Zone: Minford will worry about you next week, until then good luck!

I'm sure when you watch the Oak Hill film, you'll agree Minford would have scored more points if not for holding calls and a turnover. Those are mental errors and will be corrected. Im not saying they were bad calls but they all just seem to happen on big runs away from the play and the ref couldn't even give a number as to who the penality was called on. So take it for what it is. I felt the score should have been 31-3. Both teams missed easy Field Goals in the first quater, and Minford had at least 3 runs for more than 25 yards called back for holding. Minford did fumble once within the Oak Hill 25 yard line. Minford dominated the Line of Scrimmage but did shoot themselves in the foot on several drives. Hey, that's all part of the game and it was ugly but I'm sure the Falcons will take it.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Vladimir wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:Bring on the Falcons!!
Becareful what you ask for because Minford cannot wait until next Friday, and they will show up. The Oak Hill game is one they wanted beause of what happened last year and it was the only real blemish on their record, but w'burg is the one they've had circled all year. Hey 99% of burg fans called the Minford win last year a fluke, and now the Falcons are out not only to defend their outright SOCII title but to also prove a point.

Vlad, I don't know about other Burg fans but I'm not looking forward to this game myself. The Burg hasn't look good in a single game since the Ironton game. They looked really good defensively against Ironton and held them to their lowest offensive output this season but have looked very suspect since. They looked very lethargic and uninspired against Rock Hill and if they come out like that against Minford it will get ugly fast. Hopefully the boys will get fired up this week and give the Falcons a good showing.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

what actually happened to the Sloan kid from OakHill???

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I believe he has broken ribs from the Wellston game. Possibly initially injured during the Burg game and then got worse against Wellston. I heard he is going to be out again this week and then could possibly return week 7.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Bleeding Red wrote:I believe he has broken ribs from the Wellston game. Possibly initially injured during the Burg game and then got worse against Wellston. I heard he is going to be out again this week and then could possibly return week 7.
No, the injury had nothing to do with The Burg game. He was hit with a knee, in the Wellston game, after making a tackle. Just one of those fluke things that happen. I seen him last night, and he looked to be in a lot of pain. Who knows how long he will be out, broke ribs can take a while to get better.
I want to wish #10 the best of luck, and hope to see him back in there soon.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Return to “Football”