WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Yh8awinner »

For the record I wasn't putting down any kids in particular at all. If they think that's best for them than so be it. Just don't like what coaches up there are doing. Going to kids houses to try and talk them in to coming to Ironton is way over the line. Don't anybody try to change my mind on if that was and is going on. I know for fact it has been.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Cmon! Any kid from our area playing at the next level, regardless of division or school, deserves kudos. Why demean and belittle the effort and dedication required to further their athletic career? The jealousy and mean-spiritness coming from the region leads to the crazy stereotypes many outside Apppalachia view as facts. These young people must put in the work year-round to advance. Geesh!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton has had kids come in who would start on any local team and have. The argument I’ve read on here is that only ironton fields real D1 talent and I don’t for one second buy that a player needs a coaches connection as we have seen in the last 5- 10 years, kids playing D1 football that have come from Portsmouth, Portsmouth East, coal grove and minford.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Hearing Pendelton and Ironton strikes again as Trevor Carter committed to University of Cinncinatti just a little bit ago.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

XandOs wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:17 pm Hearing Pendelton and Ironton strikes again as Trevor Carter committed to University of Cinncinatti just a little bit ago.
You are correct!!
Attachments
Screenshot_20211109-122141_Twitter.jpg

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Yh8awinner wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:39 am For the record I wasn't putting down any kids in particular at all. If they think that's best for them than so be it. Just don't like what coaches up there are doing. Going to kids houses to try and talk them in to coming to Ironton is way over the line. Don't anybody try to change my mind on if that was and is going on. I know for fact it has been.
I sure would like to hear more about this. Don’t have to mention who the kids are, but where they are from and what coaches it was? If this truly happening it needs to be out there and reported to superintendent, OHSAA, etc. First time hearing this but would like to hear more if it is true.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

TigerMania wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:33 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:39 am For the record I wasn't putting down any kids in particular at all. If they think that's best for them than so be it. Just don't like what coaches up there are doing. Going to kids houses to try and talk them in to coming to Ironton is way over the line. Don't anybody try to change my mind on if that was and is going on. I know for fact it has been.
I sure would like to hear more about this. Don’t have to mention who the kids are, but where they are from and what coaches it was? If this truly happening it needs to be out there and reported to superintendent, OHSAA, etc. First time hearing this but would like to hear more if it is true.
I actually heard the same, specifically around promises made to a kid to get him to come to Ironton. Can’t say where the kid is from or would give him away.

That said, I personally don’t care if Ironton recruits or not. And if kids from other schools would prefer to play at Ironton, then good for them. All of this teeth gnashing over where kids decide to play high school ball is silly.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:50 pm
I actually heard the same, specifically around promises made to a kid to get him to come to Ironton. Can’t say where the kid is from or would give him away.

That said, I personally don’t care if Ironton recruits or not. And if kids from other schools would prefer to play at Ironton, then good for them. All of this teeth gnashing over where kids decide to play high school ball is silly.
I’ve heard similar things said. It’s been accused here for 50 years. Until you have hard factual proof than it’s just a rumor. Can’t believe what everyone says. Pendelton being an A.D. knows the rules thoroughly.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg has a kid being recruited by Kentucky and Marshall. He was hurt first scrimmage of the season and will return next year.

The truth is no one has signed anything. Just another tweet storm of how great we think we are. Chilli dawg and his alter egos believe social media has substantial information. When it’s just a brag fest.

Can we please get back to this game?

Can burg upset ironton or not?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:52 pm

I’ve heard similar things said. It’s been accused here for 50 years. Until you have hard factual proof than it’s just a rumor. Can’t believe what everyone says. Pendelton being an A.D. knows the rules thoroughly.
:lol:

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Chilli dawg is providing nothing to this thread except for hypocrisy and defamation of standout players from either school. Instead of talking about the teams both schools have fielded in the past, why don’t we keep this thread relevant to the matchup at hand. Ironton had burgs number week one, and burgs gotten much better as every week goes on. I can see either team winning this week due to the fact that in all reality, it’s Wheelersburg vs. ironton in a football game. Southern Ohio’s finest battling it out in what I can expect to be a PACKED Portsmouth colosseum.
I’ll take
Burg 17
Ironton 13

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:54 pm Burg has a kid being recruited by Kentucky and Marshall. He was hurt first scrimmage of the season and will return next year.

The truth is no one has signed anything. Just another tweet storm of how great we think we are. Chilli dawg and his alter egos believe social media has substantial information. When it’s just a brag fest.

Can we please get back to this game?

Can burg upset ironton or not?
I think so. As I said, based on where the teams currently are, especially with Ironton's QB situation, I think it is close to a toss up. It will come down to if Ironton commits to the run and the Burg can stand up to it for 4 quarters. Ironton's discipline will be tested on defense. Dumb penalties on Ironton could be drive killers, or drive extenders for the Burg.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

True, and I can’t say for certain any rules were truly violated. Was told conversations did occur and promises were made to the kid.

As for my source, the person is extremely reliable and very well connected in the area. In fact, everyone on this board would recognize the name.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Portsmouth Coliseum should definitely be packed.. as of now there is NO confirmation of a live stream. They already stated no free coverage so if OHSAA doesn't broadcast you'll have to watch this one in person. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 9 am. Layer up 😅

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:05 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:58 pm

True, and I can’t say for certain any rules were truly violated. Was told conversations did occur and promises were made to the kid.

As for my source, the person is extremely reliable and very well connected in the area. In fact, everyone on this board would recognize the name.
Hows come we were "protecting athletes privacy" when were talking about a kid leaving a team BUT all that protective intent gets discarded when the transfer topic starts?

Convenient outrage or just blatant hypocrisy?
If the shoe fits…

I mean if you’re an adult reveal your true name otherwise take a seat.

These tweets are just a program uptick prior to playing the game Saturday. Perhaps to gain a mental edge. The problem is ironton football tweets every 3 minutes so they are played out. Eventually you just scroll on.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I used to enjoy coming on here and talking football with with the true Ironton fans. we would discuss our upcoming matchups agree and disagree but it was informative both ways. Now it's just A$$ clowns with multiple usernames spewing nothing but garbage. can't even discuss football so I just text my friends from I-town to discuss. Thanks to the DB'S for ruining this site

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

I predict Wheelersburg wins 21 -10. In the big picture if Ironton only beat Portsmouth 17-6 , 17 points against a average team with backup QB in says it all in my books. Ironton really will take a whipping down n Portsmouth.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:54 pm I predict Wheelersburg wins 21 -10. In the big picture if Ironton only beat Portsmouth 17-6 , 17 points against a average team with backup QB in says it all in my books. Ironton really will take a whipping down n Portsmouth.
Ironton gives up 21 points to a running team? That’s only happened 2 times in 3 years. Ironton controlled the game last week they just had a freshman QB thrown into a tough situation against a pretty good team. Ironton also played their worst game of the year. Ironton whips burg again.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

XandOs wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:01 pm
Prime Time wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:54 pm I predict Wheelersburg wins 21 -10. In the big picture if Ironton only beat Portsmouth 17-6 , 17 points against a average team with backup QB in says it all in my books. Ironton really will take a whipping down n Portsmouth.
Ironton gives up 21 points to a running team? That’s only happened 2 times in 3 years. Ironton controlled the game last week they just had a freshman QB thrown into a tough situation against a pretty good team. Ironton also played their worst game of the year. Ironton whips burg again.
Shew no credit to the Trojans? 😅 Might not be as good as Ironton or Burg but the gap isn't huge.

cptcbus
Waterboy

Post by cptcbus »

Hey speed chilli, can we call you Charles?

Return to “Football”