Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by Bleeding Red »

Orange and Brown wrote:
8332 Granite St wrote:Coldwater will win no problem against Coshocton. Burg should have won but came out flat and gave the game away with mistakes. Burg was better team and beat themselves. Period
Coshocton didn't make those mistakes so one could argue that they were the better team last night.
This.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
8332 Granite St wrote:Coldwater will win no problem against Coshocton. Burg should have won but came out flat and gave the game away with mistakes. Burg was better team and beat themselves. Period
Coshocton didn't make those mistakes so one could argue that they were the better team last night.
This.
Some of that is true because both had offenses to win the game difference between the two was burg had a better defensive chance of getting the the opposing offense off the field. The problem was that burg couldn't prove that in the first half because they turned it over. It was crazy how many they fumbled.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

wobycat wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote: Coshocton didn't make those mistakes so one could argue that they were the better team last night.
This.
Some of that is true because both had offenses to win the game difference between the two was burg had a better defensive chance of getting the the opposing offense off the field. The problem was that burg couldn't prove that in the first half because they turned it over. It was crazy how many they fumbled.
I believe 5 fumbles in the first half?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

God forbid a team wins because they are better. About as bad as Steubenville central catholic people

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Raider6309 wrote:God forbid a team wins because they are better. About as bad as Steubenville central catholic people
Apparently execution has nothing to do with being good or bad in this case. Burg couldn't hold onto the ball and Coshocton took advantage of every opportunity they were given so that makes Burg the better team.

That doesn't make sense to you??

Everyone knows that Coshocton got extremely lucky by controlling the los, taking advantage of burgs mistakes, and doing what they needed to do to get the win.
It could in no way be because they played better and we're the better team last night.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If you were there, you'd known that burg out rushed their opponent and did it all in the second half. Coshocton is a great team but they aren't better. They were that night and that's all that matters. Just curious, did you watch the game?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Is penn state overall better than Ohio State?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

wobycat wrote:If you were there, you'd known that burg out rushed their opponent and did it all in the second half. Coshocton is a great team but they aren't better. They were that night and that's all that matters. Just curious, did you watch the game?
I was there. I was in the press box. Coshocton outplayed the burg.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

wobycat wrote:Is penn state overall better than Ohio State?
Possibly, I think the Buckeyes are a bit overrated...... lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That makes zero sense. Penn State is in Ohio State's league. Coshocton is not in the SOC. So yes if Portsmouth west beat Burg your analogy would work

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Penn State beat the Bucks so they are better ,

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Orange and Brown wrote:
wobycat wrote:If you were there, you'd known that burg out rushed their opponent and did it all in the second half. Coshocton is a great team but they aren't better. They were that night and that's all that matters. Just curious, did you watch the game?
Last night? Yes they did but be honest, if burg plays a 1st half mistake free game( yes I know they didn't) who wins? Burg won the second half 20-14. I'll respect your opinion if you say Coshocton, if you can convince me why.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

wobycat wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Last night? Yes they did but be honest, if burg plays a 1st half mistake free game( yes I know they didn't) who wins? Burg won the second half 20-14. I'll respect your opinion if you say Coshocton, if you can convince me why.
I am talking about last night.
I haven't once said anything about the entirety of the season.
I don't have enough information on Coshocton to make that call, but since we are talking about the playoffs and it's one and done, the first 10 weeks don't amount to a hill of beans to either team.

It would be nice if some posters could just say that Coshocton outplayed the Burg and we're the better team and quit making excuses as To why the Burg lost and how the burg was better than Coshocton.

Dear lord, they didn't get lucky........

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I guess just say whatever makes you sleep better at night during the off-season! I'm going to enjoy basketball season now lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Orange and Brown wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote: I was there. I was in the press box. Coshocton outplayed the burg.
I am talking about last night.
I haven't once said anything about the entirety of the season.
I don't have enough information on Coshocton to make that call, but since we are talking about the playoffs and it's one and done, the first 10 weeks don't amount to a hill of beans to either team.

It would be nice if some posters could just say that Coshocton outplayed the Burg and we're the better team and quit making excuses as To why the Burg lost and how the burg was better than Coshocton.

Dear lord, they didn't get lucky........
I was talking about last night too, dude. Whatever. It was just a conversation. Yes Coshocton played a championship game but burg didn't. But not to address the fact that burg didn't play well in the first half which probably attributed to the loss, is not a that far fetched to argue. If both teams played a mistake free game, this would not be an after thought, but I can see people can't get past the envy. Enjoy basketball!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Then they weren't the best team on the field if they made so many mistakes lol
The "we were better than them, but we just made more mistakes" excuse is about the lamest one any person can come up with.
But hey, like I said whatever helps some folks sleep better.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Dude that's why they call them upsets. Sometimes the best team doesn't win. It's got nothing to do with sleeping better lol. That's my point, burg was upset last night. It's baffling that posters are missing that and can't be objective. S

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Coshocton can play the same mistake free game next week and if cold water plays mistake free, cold water wins with ease.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I agree
Plus burg didn't really prep them for the monster that is cold water

Return to “Football”