Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

coachK
JV Team

Re: Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by coachK »

I think everyone out side of Ironton expected this.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:16 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:13 pm On the field same story: Ironton too slow & too fat. Kirtland faster per man and leaner. More gas in the tank. More athletic. Players got outworked, but what stood out most is Leverde & staff coached cirles around Pendleton & staff. NEO's dominance continues. Congrats Kirtland. Incredible program. Amazing streak.

Congrats Ironton on another good local season.
I said like a week ago if Ironton didn’t get their defense off the field, they’d get gassed. They were gassed at halftime. That’s step one of beating us but if you don’t get them off the field, it’s not going to happen. Easier said than done, I know
Absolutely & Leverde schemes perfectly & sets them up to use their speed & hit all the gaps. LB play is excellent on defense.

Ironton runs into this issue in title games a lot because they simply dont play anyone of even close to equitable ability. It lulls them into a false sense of their ability and then they go North and hit the inevitable wall. Pendleton is a very good coach, but Leverde outcoached him again. Def a wake up call for Ironton. Tons of room for growth.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:28 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:13 pm On the field same story: Ironton too slow & too fat. Kirtland faster per man and leaner. More gas in the tank. More athletic. Players got outworked, but what stood out most is Leverde & staff coached cirles around Pendleton & staff. NEO's dominance continues. Congrats Kirtland. Incredible program. Amazing streak.

Congrats Ironton on another good local season.
I said like a week ago if Ironton didn’t get their defense off the field, they’d get gassed. They were gassed at halftime. That’s step one of beating us but if you don’t get them off the field, it’s not going to happen. Easier said than done, I know
Absolutely & Leverde schemes perfectly & sets them up to use their speed & hit all the gaps. LB play is excellent on defense.

Ironton runs into this issue in title games a lot because they simply dont play anyone of even close to equitable ability. It lulls them into a false sense of their ability and then they go North and hit the inevitable wall. Pendleton is a very good coach, but Leverde outcoached him again. Def a wake up call for Ironton. Tons of room for growth.
I didn’t think we were only going to give up like 58 total yards and 3 first downs but I knew for sure we weren’t going to let Carrico beat us. They talked all week on how to shut him down

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

Pendleton might be a good recruiter but he lacks a lot of the intangibles it takes to be a top notch coach last years team should of won state probably his best recruiting class

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Football fan wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:37 pm Pendleton might be a good recruiter but he lacks a lot of the intangibles it takes to be a top notch coach last years team should of won state probably his best recruiting class
We weren’t all that healthy last year. They kept guys out this year for 3 games to heal up. We were 100% today

6O HORN3TS 🐝
512Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by 512Buckeye »

Ironton finally plays a real team.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Ironton on another outstanding season.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:35 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:28 pm

I didn’t think we were only going to give up like 58 total yards and 3 first downs but I knew for sure we weren’t going to let Carrico beat us. They talked all week on how to shut him down
Everyone in the State knew they weren't going to let Carrico beat your team. Any team will go down easily to a team like that if you can't throw at all. Four finals so far, 3 running clocks and a 29 pointer. Pickerington, JFK, Massillon and Ironton together probably didn't have as many yards passing as Kirtland did today.......and they're a running team but the passing game opened it up for the run after that first qtr.. You gotta be somewhat balanced but these first 4 games have definitely shown the differences. At this point, I'm just hoping for at least one good game. :(

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:42 pm
Football fan wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:37 pm Pendleton might be a good recruiter but he lacks a lot of the intangibles it takes to be a top notch coach last years team should of won state probably his best recruiting class
We weren’t all that healthy last year. They kept guys out this year for 3 games to heal up. We were 100% today

Congrats on the state title (again ha )

Appear to be destined to get that 42 game win streak. Which you said would be the longest one in the country ??

Question. How many of the football players are multiple sport athletes ?? The work ethic and dedication to the weight room is second to none for sure. For people that don’t think that football games are not won in the weight room slinging iron through December January February etc. need to take a look at what happens there at Kirtland. They for sure show that there is no substitute for hard work in the weight room. Just curious if they all are dedicated one sport athletes devoted to football and If there is multiple sports athletes what do they play ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:50 pm Great season ironton. You lose Carrico and a few others but have a lot of juniors and sophomores. I expect good things for them next year. Nobody in southern Ohio would beat Kirtland in fact nobody in Ohio in division 5 is beating Kirtland. I know we talk junk all year about burg, ironton so on but we are proud of you making it this far for southern Ohio.
Great season but I disagree. I think ridgewood with tingle would have made this game interesting.

I would rank them

Kland
Ridgewood (healthy)
Ironton

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:14 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:42 pm

Congrats on the state title (again ha )

Appear to be destined to get that 42 game win streak. Which you said would be the longest one in the country ??

Question. How many of the football players are multiple sport athletes ?? The work ethic and dedication to the weight room is second to none for sure. For people that don’t think that football games are not won in the weight room slinging iron through December January February etc. need to take a look at what happens there at Kirtland. They for sure show that there is no substitute for hard work in the weight room. Just curious if they all are dedicated one sport athletes devoted to football and If there is multiple sports athletes what do they play ?
No longest in the state. We are tied right now with Cincinnati Wyoming. If we win first game next year, we will own it. A few play multiple sports. Basketball. They live in the weight room and I’m not just saying that to make them out to be something they aren’t. It’s EVERY day. It won’t surprise me if they are back in there tonight. Tomorrow for sure. Thank you for the congratulations
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:17 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:50 pm Great season ironton. You lose Carrico and a few others but have a lot of juniors and sophomores. I expect good things for them next year. Nobody in southern Ohio would beat Kirtland in fact nobody in Ohio in division 5 is beating Kirtland. I know we talk junk all year about burg, ironton so on but we are proud of you making it this far for southern Ohio.
Great season but I disagree. I think ridgewood with tingle would have made this game interesting.

I would rank them

Kland
Ridgewood (healthy)
Ironton
I think we would have handled Wood easy too. No way to know but I very seriously doubt they win. Our offense is better and we gave up 53 yards I think it was total and 3 first downs to Ironton. They gave up way more

6O HORN3TS 🐝
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Bob Lutz never got beat like that in any of his state runner-up seasons...

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:25 pm

I would rank them

Kland
Ridgewood (healthy)
Ironton
I think we would have handled Wood easy too. No way to know but I very seriously doubt they win. Our offense is better and we gave up 53 yards I think it was total and 3 first downs to Ironton. They gave up way more
You probably win but tingle is a big time QB. He would have been able to spread your defense out like south range but with a way better defense.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:37 pm

I would rank them

Kland
Ridgewood (healthy)
Ironton
You probably win but tingle is a big time QB. He would have been able to spread your defense out like south range but with a way better defense.
No doubt it would maybe been more competitive but I don’t think they win. I’d like to see us and Coldwater myself. Calpreps had CW a 3 point favorite

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I would rank them

Kland
Ridgewood (healthy)
Ironton
I hope tingle gets to play next year. Sounds like the injury was pretty bad. 2021 I would think ridgewood would be the favorite right now in region 19. I’ll have to look later and see what school have what leaving and coming back.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

With all the success that Kirtland has had this past decade why don’t they invest in some better uniforms? Half the teams numbers on the front of their jerseys were fading off.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:46 pm With all the success that Kirtland has had this past decade why don’t they invest in some better uniforms? Half the teams numbers on the front of their jerseys were fading off.
Look no further than our stadium. We don’t worry about the flashy stuff unless it’s a gold trophy
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Congrats to both programs. Without a shadow of doubt the best team won. Next season starts now.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:45 pm

I hope tingle gets to play next year. Sounds like the injury was pretty bad. 2021 I would think ridgewood would be the favorite right now in region 19. I’ll have to look later and see what school have what leaving and coming back.
They lose a lot of contributors but not sure what they have behind them to help tingle.

Return to “Football”