Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Unbelievable

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

How many does that stadium hold?

I would guess there will be between 5,000-7,000 people at this game. if you end up having alot of people having to stand, then that is not good.

Why not call and ask both schools if they want to play at Jackson? If they both say yes, then go for it. If one says no, then you play at the venue picked by the OHSAA.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Waverly to Jackson- 26.2 miles, 33 minutes
Westfall to Jackson- 54.7 miles, 1 hour, 4 minutes

Waverly to Athens- 65 miles, 1 hour, 14 minutes
Westfall to Athens- 71.6 miles, 1 hour, 21 minutes

I don't see why Westfall would want to play at Jackson...at all.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Better facility? Better field?

If Westfall has alot of speed like I think they do, I would think they would want to play on turf instead of a grass field that has taken a beating all season.

There is a chance of rain on around Tuesday or Wednesday, so you know the field is going to be a little sloppy.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Longer Bus Trip, used to playing on grass.

So, if it rains on Tuesday, the field won't dry by Saturday?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If Westfall does not want to play at Jackson it makes sense Waverly does not want to play at Teays Valley. Just another slap to southern Ohio teams.

Athens is almost identical in mileage and time and would be an awesome venue to play in.

Teays Valley will not have enough seating or parking and the field is grass. It is to rain this week so what a mess.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I agree Athens would be the ideal place on mileage and everything, but shouldn't the higher seed(Westfall) get somewhat of an advantage.

I'm not a follower of either team, I'm just throwing out some thoughts.

jm2022
Waterboy

Post by jm2022 »

This makes perfect sense...

First...It is the OHSAA
Second...Dan Bise, who has no loyalty to Waverly, is the VP of the district. Nothing like a little politics.

One question though...Is Teays Valley even in the Southeast District?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Didn't Mr. Bise get forced into a resignation as the AD at Westfall last year?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wasn't Bise a coach at Waverly at one time?

jm2022
Waterboy

Post by jm2022 »

Agree with 72X...Let's just play the game.

In regards to Bise though...His position was eliminated at Westfall last year...was originally at Teays Valley, and has also spent time at Logan Elm. And yes...he was the coach at Waverly and didn't leave on the best of terms. This is more of what I was referring to. Oh well, no sense and complaining because it isn't going to change.

Go Tigers!!
Last edited by jm2022 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

danicalifornia wrote:I agree Athens would be the ideal place on mileage and everything, but shouldn't the higher seed(Westfall) get somewhat of an advantage.

I posted this on another thread. You said that since Westfall is the higher seed, shouldn't they get an advantage to where they are playing?

Yeah, probably, but just ask Wheelersburg about that. They finished as the top seed a few years and always ended up traveling the farthest. Twice they were the higher seed in the Burg-Vesailles matchups and they played the game in Cincinnati. About an hour drive for them and about a three hour drive for Burg.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Westfall being the higher seed should have nothing to do with it.

I was not going to mention Mr.Bise but there is someone pulling some political weight.

Some things the OHSAA needs to consider:
Neutral Site
Seating Capacity
Parking
Turf vs grass

They failed in each of these areas.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Does anyone know if any of the other games in DIV IV are being played on grass or turf?

Someone mentioned last night that they were trying to play as many games as they can on turf.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I figured it'd be Teays Valley or Circleville for this game (selfishly hoping for Teays as I live in Ashville). But Teays' field is currently in pretty good shape. A little wear in the middle, but what grass field doesn't this time of year? Seating however will be an issue for whichever team gets stuck on the visitors' side (Waverly I presume). Lighting is good and the concessions/restrooms are pretty decent as well. Parking is pretty good right by the staidum, but I'd advise parking on the other side of the school away from the stadium as getting out is pretty tough after the game from the near lot.

Jackson would've been better for Waverly, but you know Westfall wouldn't have went for it. But if centralized location was the main factor, I'd definitely take Teays Valley over Circleville as far as facilities go. *EDIT*...had no idea how much closer Teays was to Westfall compared to Waverly. I understand now why Waverly fans are upset....game should've been at Athens.*EDIT*

Good luck to Waverly...I'll probably be down to cheer 'em on as it's a short walk from my house. Represent the SOC...not too many left.*
Last edited by art_vandelay on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Shame on the OHSAA, Jackson can seat around 7,000 and is an excellent facility, with plenty of parking and concessions,plus field turf. The OHSAA blew this call. I feel Waverly got the raw end on this choice of locations.I am for WAVERLY all the way.

Stewy
Waterboy

Post by Stewy »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:I agree Athens would be the ideal place on mileage and everything, but shouldn't the higher seed(Westfall) get somewhat of an advantage.

I posted this on another thread. You said that since Westfall is the higher seed, shouldn't they get an advantage to where they are playing?

Yeah, probably, but just ask Wheelersburg about that. They finished as the top seed a few years and always ended up traveling the farthest. Twice they were the higher seed in the Burg-Vesailles matchups and they played the game in Cincinnati. About an hour drive for them and about a three hour drive for Burg.

I think Versailles is about 2.5 hours north of Cincy. Northwest of Piqua.

sirwalterscott
Waterboy

Post by sirwalterscott »

Jackson would've been better for Waverly, but you know Westfall wouldn't have went for it

Why would Westfall have to like it (Alumni Stadium, Jackson) anymore than Waverly will get a chance to object to Teays Valley?

oh well...we're living in a political world.
Last edited by sirwalterscott on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Football”