Knipp back in at Rock Hill

gametime
SE

Re: Knipp back in at Rock Hill

Post by gametime »

Its time to get behind the program again its done coaches are there if people keep putting coaches and kids down its not going to get better , redmen95 start earlier next yr going after the coaches you say your from RH then get behind them this year I support my school and teams in pros and college no matter what or who coaches NOT A BAND WAGON JUMPER

You can't handle the truth
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

redmanfan wrote:
gametime wrote:You can't hire someone if they don't put in and you don't wait til may to start looking and for Lutz nothing against him but the only RH. High school game he came to last yr was Ironton he don't come to weight lifting didn't practice on field you have to show some interest
Exactly, they could have fired the staff in January and saved a headache for the prgram. Kids would have been upset but would have had time to adjust. In saying that, Todd and Bob still should have had the job.
As for Lutz, he is a great guy, and I am sure he knows football. HOWEVER, I have never read that ONE COULD BE genetically predisposed to being a great football coach. At the end of the day it is the name (wich all respect to Bob Lutz) but if or when Mark coaches at RH high school, he will be exposed to the same chaos that other man has faced. Take Andy Hall- obviously, he cant coach worth crap because he lost at RH ;) so, why is he so successful now hummmmmmm?

great point but hammer lutz coached for bob lutz for years. so I already know he can coach and call the offense. but from what I've at least been told he was not interested in the head coaching vacancy . but that's a man that would have culture shocked that program back to life. so I'm not saying anything about genetics I watched him on bob Lutz's staff for many years.and andy hall has been a godsend to Jackson, although it is a much bigger district. he has not been beaten by the fighting tigers since he took over there in the apple capital. we had so much fun back then we just wanted to ball and learn the fundamentals, anytime , any place as long as you like. we'd come scrimmage you, or you could come to our place. the last year I was coaching the b-team, they had elected me as the a team coach the following year to try to stay with the kids as they progressed and moved up and try to rebuild the a team. I told the kids on the b team. you go undefeated, and win the super bowl, now not one or the other, but both. I told them they could buzz me bald. the night we beat the ironton bills to go undefeated,and win the super bowl, we invade the ironton pizza hut up on the hill. ate and they got the clippers and scissors out. my head and a lot of my beard looked like I had the mange the time everything was said and done. but I knew we could do it. and at my pastor's request jeff davenport we never practiced on Wednesdays so the kids could go to church. so you build it, they will come.again not trying to claim any Lombardi award here as a player or coach. but we drilled good solid fundamentals into their heads all week. had a great staff and fanbase, and had a wonderful time back in the day. I hope that they get everything turned around on the hill and everybody gets happy. because my kids are 26 n 27, and the school district/board has been in constant turmoil the whole time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

redmanfan wrote:
Game day wrote:Once again I will ask when was the last time RH had a freshmen and a JV team. I don't want hear you cry about things I asked a question. Same size schools as you have with a lot less facilities have both in the OVC.
Gameday you are killing me:) I have a son on the team who will be a senior and he played in about 8 or 9 jv games as a freshman (not to mention playing varsity as well). He played at least two games as a sophmore for JV, so last year was the first time we didn't have a JV team. One year and we still have the same % of kids playing ball.
I answered yours so now answer mine! RH has went one year without playing a jv game.
Please clarify who the same size schools are as well.
So, I will ask ONCE AGAIN: refer to my three questions in my previous post and answer that.[/quot

I will and you will cry all day Goal Grove
, Ironton, Fairland, Gallipolis, Chesapeake, Portmouth and who else in the OVC.

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

REDMEN95 wrote:You Can't Expect Anyone Outside The District To Apply If You Don't Put The Job Opening On The OHSAA Website!
It was posted there Redmen 95: Again, noone applied. BY THE WAY, YOU NEVER RESPINDED TO MY QUESTION: DID YOU PLAY?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I heard Jay Luas applied for the job! But they said we don't need to even talk to you.

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

REDMEN95 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:somebody needs to be honest here and accountable for the downfall of the sports programs, and the way the district is run. and be honest why no-one, if that was the case even applied for the job. I love the rock hill district as much as I do the ironton community.and now I live in waverly, and back their team as well. my allegiance to the district was never in question other than the fact that on Friday nights I was with my dad at ironton varsity games on Friday nights. then Saturday morning I'd be up before the roosters woke up getting everything together to lead the rock hill redmen/redskins into battle on Saturday mornings. and I was at the field for the very 1st game even if I had to be there at 8am, and we did not play till 4. I stood in the crows nests, and the top of the stadiums everywhere with a notebook scouting. I never was anything near like a bob lutz, but he was a hero to me and his mehods worked. and I copied them. nothing wrong with trying to lead like your mentor. and my kids were never all stars at rock hill or ironton but they were very much involved in the programs and they always got in the games as starts/backups , because ironton was destrying their opponents and everybody got in. but never at the expense of a win because of parents causing near riots at their coach because their kid got little playing time. not everyone can coach/play. I didn't play after my sophomore year at ironton after blowing out my knee. I went to the trade school and learned welding. but I did and still do know the formula for success and I lived it, and if you played for me you were accountable for it. and we prayed before and after each practice/game. and I didn't care who knew or cared or was against it. it was a time with god and the kids, and many times after everybody dispersed kids stayed after basically for some godly counsel about a family problem. maybe a kid had not eaten, a dad was beating his wife, mom was on drugs. just a multitude of things every one of us encounter on a daily basis. we cared, we praised the kids, we had MVP trophies for the best athlete. bought the kids trophies, and championship and super bowl shirts. that district was set up not to fail with this group coming up. and as I said they encountered ironton in playoff GAMES, and tanks memorial stadium was electric and could barely hold the crowd/band. and the stadium roared on both sides news helicopters flew over taking overhead pictures for audience from the tri-state area to Columbus and Cincinnati. and again praise god I got to be a very small part of that. trust me there is not a prouder moment than watching your kids in fighting tiger uniforms playing the enourmous kids we had on the rock hill team I coached. i'll never forget that feeling. and watched a bunch of those kids from both sides getting to play in playoffs and championship games.so what exactly has happened, why no interest in coaching or playing there. and a big part of the rock hill fans are at ironton games on Friday nights. did or will anything change re-hiring a coach that weeks before was fired.well I can tell you I hope so, because I fearly love todd and the guys on his staff. and I know 1st hand how much commitment and time it takes and all the other facets nobody sees.and as I told you the pay was 3,000. at least that was what was quoted to me. and I wasn't even going to keep a dime of it.-------------- everybody in the tri-state area tried to hire bob lutz from ironton.i've heard stories of him interviewing at other districts. and legend has it he'd lay his w2 form down and stated if you can beat this we'll talk. if you can't good day.i have no idea the validity of this. or if it's an urban legend. but it worked , and he retired as the winningest ohio high school football coach ever. so who would not try to replicate that, even as an unpaid volunteer. because it was working. when I coached even during the regular season we had scrimmage games against the teams in the league, sometimes twice a week. you could never do that now, and I agree now it was nuts. and we even scrimmaged in Russell and Ashland during the regular season against their all star teams. I know now it was whacked AND CRAZY IN MOST WAYS. but trust me when I tell you everybody got to play weekly. we'd scrimmage the tough ironton tesams through the week at the old high school on the practice field behind the old stadium, and we'd alternate and head to ironton and scrimmage behind central Christian church and any/everywhere in between, all we wanted to do was play football all week. I remember a scrimmage against a Russell team we didn't know anything about. and my teams were huge sizewise and these kids from russell dwarfed them.it was at halftime we were behind 14-6, and I was ripping the kids for not executing. and a guy comes up to me in an Ashland tee shirt. he was there scouting Russell's team. we were only down 14-6. the guy came up to me and said excuse me coach, can I talk to you a minute. I told him I was busy but we would chat while they warmed up for the second half. and he said coach how old are your kids, and I tell him 5th and 6th graders. and the guy tells me . do you know you are playing Russell's junior high team, and he told me it had a few freshman that weren't getting enough playing time.------------------so I had to call the game off. the guy told me that one kid had been held back, and actually was a freshman with a drivers license. and with god as my witness while we were explain the problem with the Russell coaches, and everybody was leaving the kid got in his car and drove away. the Russell coach tells me coach I had no idea you were a grade school A TEAM. he said we'd have never played you had we knew that. the 2 teams were actually very equal sizewise, but we were somewhat smaller. both sides were full of full of fans watching a scrimmage game. and we had a game with the ironton eagles two days later. this will be my last comment. I want the rock hill district to be as successful as ironton's program and I love both communities. ------------ but how did they get from what I'm telling you to this. I really honestly would like to know. but I truly wish coach knipp and coach vass all the luck in the world. and at ironton games I get to watch one of my former players jesse Carmon get to coach ironton's lineman, who also played early in the rock hill district and transferred to ironton for high school.frankly I don't r am I not trying to start anything. I hope that todd has great success there. I truly do. but what if the team tanks this year and nothing has changed and you had the opportunity to hire someone else. and you have mark ''hammer'' lutz in the rock hill district now as the head junior high school. who is not only from the lutz coaching tree, and bob Lutz's nephew. but he is a lutz.bob lutz was winning OVC championships with tiny saint joe, before ironton hired him away. god bless ya';ll for taking the time to read this, love both districts, and wish em both success. god bless you, Tom''Ozzie''Osborne aka YOU'RE TIGER BAIT. Waverly, Ohio
redmanfan wrote:
REDMEN95 wrote:No Wonder Why A Lot Of People That I Have Went To School With At RH Choose To Send Their Kids To Ironton. As I Looked Around This Past Year At The Ironton Fans I Saw MANY Familiar Faces That I Have Graduated With Back At RH.
THINGS WILL NEVER CHANGE AT MY DEAR ROCK HILL......SAME OLE COACHES = SAME RESULTS!!!
GO BIG I......LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hopefully, with your great observation at the Ironton games, you will just keep attending Ironton games! No need for you at RH. BTW, I wonder if you cheered for Ironton or RH? Keep in mind, there are Ironton posts that you can contribute to ;)
SEEMS AS IF YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SHAPE OF THE RH SPORT PROGRAMS PEOPLE LABEL YOU AS SOMEONE WHO HAS SOMETHING PERSONAL AGAINST THE COACHES.....THATS NOT TRUE AT ALL!!......SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS!!!
There are few more aware of the challnges we face than I. Do you truly think that your invalidated opionon hurts. Hardly! At the end of the day, you post your personal thoughts, you wont respond to any actual direct question, and you just continue to attack the staff.
It is over, like it or not. Let it go. There isn't anything you can do but support these boys, so at least do that! Please refer to the RH football facebook page over the summer and see all the great work these boys are doing. You may even wanna refer to Knipps facebook and see the dedication and work these young men are doing for the program.

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

Game day wrote:I heard Jay Luas applied for the job! But they said we don't need to even talk to you.
Gameday you didnt answer my questions: and yes Jay did apply.

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:as much as this has been a debacle, the rock hill community, and outsiders have to be perplexed by this. a person's loyalty should not be questioned for not understanding this situation.and a poster said something about seeing rock hill fans at ironton games. I can tell you that poster was correct. I see them everywhere there. and most of the time they greet you with a ''I wanna watch a real football game''.those are not my words. anybody that knows me, they know I lived in kitts hill 32 years. and I coached youth sports there. and the district is extremely political.and the fans as well. we built an amazing youth program football wise there then.we were extremely successful after the 1st year where we had 13 players. I was coaching when we combined the 4 grade schools together into one team. my last team had 53 kids on it.which was TOO MANY.i got voted out from basically being an ironton graduate. and I went to ironton games on Friday with my dad.but my loyalty to rock hill was never questioned by at least me. and the year after the axe fell on me after a super bowl win, and league back to back championships. they separated the team into 2 teams, and still had plenty left over. I took my kids on into ironton in the later years of jumior high for several reasons. 1 was I had a bi-racial son I adopted and there were like 2 people of color in the school. I seen him sink 7/8 3 pointers in a row warming up and never getting in the game. and in a game against the ironton team while he was a junior high running back at rock hill. I was running the chains, he got the carry, and was having a great game running. and he flat got stuck by a tiger player and the ball shot straight up. I was running the chains, and a guy I won't mention on the rock hill side stood up and hollered-- I BET HE WOULD NOT HAVE DROPPED THAT IF IT HAD BEEN A WATERMELON''. that crushed me. I had put so much into that program to hear that. there is a problem there whether people will admit it or not. and lastly I lived 16 miles from the rock hill complex. and had kids in 2 different grades traveling to games all over. my wife might be with one in gallipolis,or Chesapeake. while I was with one at south Gallia. it was extremely costly, and exhausting. I was one of the last houses in the rock hill district. I had neighbors that went to symmes valley and taught there as well. but from my house it was 8 miles to the ironton parking lot.it just made sense culturally and financially. and it was a move my kids needed after that incident. it was one of our own fans that hollered that at my son.who'd we had adopted that we were fostering. he was loved by his team mates. but nobody needs to expose their children to that. I'm not in anyway trying to insinuate my kids were superstars, because that was not the case. but all I can tell you there were plenty of kids there to play, and everywhere we went baseball, basketball, and football. we were playing for championships/all star tournaments in all 3 sports.my dad was dying of cancer at a time when I thought, I better start getting rock hill season tickets since I coach here. and I did for 2 years. I can tell you that by the grace of god my dad recovered from cancer miraculously. but as he lay there dying, he told me son, I miss sitting and traveling with you to fighting tiger games. he said tell me I still got more tiger games to watch before I die.what do you say to that, of course I said yes.and I was torn and decided to give up my season tickets at rock hill and return to ironton games. I have no ill feelings toward the district even though the district and board were always in upheaval. I can tell you ipersonally addressed the school board at a board meeting asking them to please use the old high school football field for a homecoming game. and they refused to let us. and that chaffed my a--, being a taxpayer in the district. no lights were needed, concession or anything. we handled all of the concession out of the back of my pickup truck, ''ole blue''. I was the first one on the hill and the last one off. my whole 12 x 20 office back at home was full of equipment from 53 players helmets, pads everything. concession stuff. I was also the treasurer and was at pick n save 2/3 times a week loading my entire truck with pop, candy, chips. the joke was it was a ''toms truck''.and you vote a guy out who was winning nearly every game. and we practiced behind the high school. where it used to be a landfill. we could not use the old facilities, even after the new ones were built. every day after practice. I had 7/8 adults that would stay after and walk the fields picking up glass, lumps of coal, and sharp rocks from the practice field that all the cleats had turned up.it's a very spread out district from hanging rock to the coal grove district, it borfered the franklin furnace and spread all the way to Decatur. it is also a farming system, so kids also needed to do farm work.i don't know how many kids I packed home after practice in my truck all corners of the district, because numerous parents did not have license. people will have you believe the district is poor.they have the best facilities in the whole county. and the parents would drop 10/15 bucks a night buying concessions for their familes. I tell you one thing. the fans there were die hard commited , with whole families surrounding the field and bleachers for our PRACTICES, not talking about games here yet. and the grade school football fanbase totally filled out most of the local high school stadiums, with maybe 100 standing around the fences.those were great times. I had parents who wanted to fist fight at games and after practices. by the grace of god that never happened, but it was constant turmoil as another group of guys who were coaching baseball wanted to take over the program. I affectionately called them the ''baseball bunch''. I remember the night I was voted out. the guy running against me was a great guy. I wanted him on my staff. as the results were coming in, he was sitting right beside me. he said ozzie I have a question why is everybody against you , and all you guys do is win. I told him the truth. I GO TO IRONTON GAMES WITH MY DAD ON FRIDAY NIGHT. I stood on park avenue in the blistering heat, and downpours with other parents collecting money for equipment. traveled the whole county getting donations from businesses getting donations. I made hundreds of programs myself for each game. god bless Vickie evans and fred evans for the use of copiers to make the programs. we cleaned all the equipment repaired it, re-painted it. I handled everything bill wise and the checking account. did the grunt work. had great helpers. had to drive all over the county to collect the equipment that kids would not turn in. I was like a collection guy. when they just had to turn it in after the last game. I had a kid named casey roach that was tim roaches son, and when we passed out pads and inside the pads it said timmy roach in them. that's how old they were, they were his dad's old pads. we replaced all the equipment, helmets , jerseys, balls, chinstraps, and on and on. I made countless trips a week to bob linns buying equipment each week. and I was paying them every month. when I got voted out at first they were refusing to pay bob linn's and I was responsible for the balance , finally they paid it off. I was asked to coach the high school team by a couple board members. I told them I would, but I could not accept any pay because I was on disability. the pay was 3,000 and I told them, i'll set up an account and I will disperse the whole amount to the youth programs and cheerleader's for uniforms and equipment. that's when the hired andy hall. -------------- I want to make something perfectly clear. I still love the rock hill district I lived there 32 years and was very active in the community and schools. I ain't asking anybody to feel sorry for me. that's not my intent. ------------------------but unless there have been wholesale changes in the whole district. then I'm telling you 1st hand what I encountered for years coaching there, the good and the bad. the moves was good for my family as well transferring to ironton in junior high. I did not have the coaching responsibilities. the drive to ironton was 8 miles. to rock hill it was 16. my son taville won the ''NEVER GIVE UP AWARD'' at ironton as a senior on the fighting tigers because of his tenacity, as he was very undersized, but he kept coming back for more. I remember an ironton varsity game where my son taville broke a long run and scored the touchdown, and my son cody kicked the good extra point. and they got the opportunity to play under bob lutz who is Ohio's all time leader in high school football wins. they were in the SEOAL. and you think things are spread out in the OVC.we were going anywhere from Marietta to Zanesville, logan, Jackson and all over the state of ohio and Kentucky as far as belfry. that travel was the eventual death of the oldest public high school league in the state that was the SEOAL. who is playing their final season as a league this year with 3 members, Jackson, logan, and warren.i guess in closing remember I loved the district, loved the community, went to church at MAMRE BAPTIST CHURCH at kitts hill. I had several reasons for my kids transfer. if the district is still being ran the same way. you cannot question the fans for being upset. sports jobs, voluntarily or pais are performance based. like it or not. if you are not successful you will be replaced. and if you are successful you still may be replaced. I know one thing the kids we coached were playing against ironton in playoff games. and they were every bit as prepared and tough as the fighting tigers. and KC Christian went onto play at OHIO STATE. several others played baseball at RIO GRANDE. jesse Carmon played college ball, arena pro ball and semi pro football and was an ALL STAR at all levels --- college, pro, and semi pro. I got to coach jesse as a coach coaching a semi pro all star game in Beckley,va.so those kids were thriving. semi pro football briefly.i went to each of the 4 rock hill schools Decatur, pedro, kitts hill, and hanging rock and literally recruited grade school kids to come out and play ball. I promised them championships if they joined.and we had more kids than we had equipment. so the district sports wise was thriving. praise god I got to be a small part of it there coaching youth baseball, basketball and football. I had great parents that were there every practice. and built an amazing staff of parents from right there in the district. so what has happened. I hear todd knipp was the only applicant. whether that was true or not I cannot confirm that. and if in fact that is the case. then no one wanted any part of it, or the board. so they had to re-hire the previous coach they just fired for lack of success after many years coaching there. as great of a guy as him and his staff are. they just were not getting it done. so please don't question peoples loyalty because they question this stuff. we never ever neede kids from adjoining district's and never asked. so what in the sam hill has happened there that there are no applicants for a high school football coach, and the school district has the best facilities in the county. is it the pay, is it the board, is it the kids/parents.i coached the kids there with an ironton playbook, and added a few wrinkles. and practices were hardcore and 2 hours long. just like at ironton, if you were the best you played,we subbed as much as we could, but not at the sacrifice of losing a close game.and I felt sorry because I had way too many great players/. praise god they split the program into 2 teams after I was gone. if you were not a starter you got in in a lopsided game. just that simple . I wanted to build a program that was just like ironton's as a feeder program for the junior high and high school.and if they lost they did not want to be there Monday. just like you didn't want to be at an ironton practice after a loss Monday. and even though parents despised it as a whole. it worked and we were very successful. I know i'll get raked through the coals, but I'm being completely honest with you, every word. but take my observations seriously as a method of fixing what is wrong there. if you keep doing the same thing and it's not working then shame on you. in closing I want to tell todd he's a great guy, as is his staff. and I hope they have amazing success this season and in the future.
Okay Your Tiget Bait: You are a nice guy, worked hard, dedicated time and effort to the RH youth league and I am very thankful for that. Rh litle league is a great program and should always be respected, but there is no comparison to high school ball.
ALSO, you are also a man who has disrespected the last four to five years of Knipp's program,( you attacked our program more than anyone did ON SEOPS, which we have disagreed many times under other names). Spare me your antics of how you love RH! Your negativity continued to fuel the fire. YET, Last year you were more decent and supported him, because he won of course. MAYBE, even sending him some nice message! Please don't ever compare the little league program 15 or more years ago to what is going on now.
You justified every reason you left but the fact is you left. My child/son has been ridiculed, challenged, and we have never gave up on RH! Further my daughter was bullied terribly and we didnt give up! We stayed the course and our kids are are pretty perfect because of this.
Finally, you continue to extend your blessings to Knipp and McCollister. Please stop! Stop posting on our posts and stop saying you are a fan of RH, as you discredit this in every word you speak.
Success at 9 years old does not equal a state play off. When I have to hear 10 year olds discuss the ignorance of Tood and Bob, that is the problem.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

redman fan , I know who you are and have never been anything but nice to you. I don't think your post is anywhere near being accurate. I already said admittedly I thought there should have been a change previously, good golly man be real about the success of the program. and anybody that has ever read my posts knows that I have not attacked the program, quite the opposite. are we trying to perhaps get people off track getting away from the subject by dogpiling on me. it's okay. I got broad shoulders and I expected it. and even though I graduated from ironton I only lived there till I was 19. then I lived in kitts hill 32 years. I think I have earned every right to post on an ironton or rock hill topic. don't pretend what was going on in the youth program can't be replicated at the high school level. that's a farce. the fact I left is of no concern to you, and I won't further justify that with a response. and I am truly sorry your daughter or any other child got bullied, that is not acceptable anywhere, but unfortunately is a part of life , especially a younger one. you'll see later that she will have grown a stronger lady for it. and I don't need to dignify or explain to you that I'm a fan of both districts. you may not think that. but that's fine by me. and to answer one last question if ironton/rock hill play a high school game. obviously I'm a tiger graduate and I am for the tigers. if I'm coaching against a team from ironton as a rock hill coach, puy 2 n 2 together, and take a guess who I want to win, obviously rock hill.if I tried to pattern my program like ironton's and get to play the program why would I not want ironton to win. and if you are hearing 10 year olds bad mouthing a program you got way worse problems that trying to justify my allegiance to any district I choose. you act like I ailienated your program when it's always been just the opposite.if the system keep it's head in the sand, and pretends there are not underlying problems, then nothing will change.if there was another external applicant, that was qualified, and was told they would not eventalk with him, then you tell me if there is a problem. and finally the district re-hired andy. so get behind him and change the culture there. if problems are fixed district and coaching wise, then you'll build a successful program. if not nothing will change there. and finally I think I would know if the rock hill people had a problem with me when I see them, it is usually started with a hearty hug, and talking about the good ole days. and more often than not it is at an ironton game. ------------- good day, YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ANSWER ME THIS. let's say somehow maybe you coach at rock hill , you may be a rock hill graduate. and have lived in rock hill's district your whole life. and you get a call someone wants you to take the head coaching position say in south point. you accept the south point job, and start trying to re-build it. did your allegiance to the rock hill district all of a sudden disappear. of course not. you would be rocking the blue and yellow, greeting former people you coached with and say something-------- love you guys man, but let's get it on and see what we got to work with here in pointer land. and say you beat rock hill, are you going to give them the finger and refuse to let your kids shake their hands. of course not. you are going to be a man and a role model walk to midfield with dignity and greet the former staff and tell them great game. even if it wasn't. ------------------ but yet you'll havepeople believe that's how I handled things. fortunately you may be in a small group that think that. but that is not at all how I'm treated by my former neighbors, friends and church family out there. if that was the case this topic would be exploding on ole bait. ----------------- you all made the decision get behind it and cowboy up. if there is something that needs fixed, then by jiminy fix it.whether it's the kids/parents/staff/board/fans whatever it takes. your challenges in that district are no different than any other district.they each share the same financial/enrollment problems as the next. and that is further validate by the fact the league has changed. and they are basically all in the same division. here's the whole thing in a nutshell, whether you choose to believe it or not. rock hill plays anybody but ironton, I want them to win. they play ironton, I'm dang proud of both teams efforts , but i'll be in the stands rockin the orange and black. you guys play anybody else I'm a redman fan.------------ you have a golden opportunity in hearing the comments from fans and posters here. because it may not be what you want to hear does not make it wrong. put this team's performance in any other district and it would have never fly. but it is, what it is. so be a part of changing it for something good and better. which will make it all the sweeter. that's what I tried to do there. the 1st year I coached I was an assistant, we had 13 kids, never scored a single touchdown, or won a game. but I kept hammering the fundamentals to the kids, they elected me to be the head coach. and I told them we'd fix the participation situation. I set up times with principals to meet with the kids to talk to them at recess. and Decatur and kitts hill at my request even had assemblies, and all I done was stand there and pitched the program. again I'm no pro bowler as a former player, quite the opposite, my sophomore year I blew my knee out and went to the trade school to learn a work skill. and as a coach I was not lombardieesque. I simply went old school, because I knew I needed to to start a culture of winning there at any level.and those kids later played in playoffs, so if the ball was dropped after that. that is or wasn't any reflection on me. and further more. half the time on the weekends as my kids grew up. there may be 10/12 kids staying all night at our house playing madden tournaments on 3/4 different TV's. and invading the kitchen like locusts. and generally there was an even mixture of tiger and redmen young'uns there. black and white too. they were all just kids there, not enemies or racist. I may have done some things wrong , because I'm human. bettin maybe you have too. but I never dropped the ball on trying to teach kids the fundamentals of football, or prayer life, and winning and losing with humility. if you don't believe me, ask em. I was and still am dear friends with all the ironton coaches from those days. but make no mistake both teams knew when we lined it up it was gonna be smashmouth hardnosed, slobberknockin football. we could go back to being pals after the whistle. and whether you believe it or not I want todd and his staff to be successful there, or whoever may follow as a coach, if you don't believe that then that's on you.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and further more and finally on this matter. if I have offended you, todd, bob or anyone else from the district. then please accept my humble and heartfelt apologies. I've made my own mistakes. and everyone has a past. but my intentions have never been anything but honest, and truthful. and anybody that feels they need an apology i'll give one. people know how to contact me.my name n number's in the book. i'll be man enough to stand up for what I've done right/wrong. and try to do whatever it takes to fix it. I hope you're man enough to do the same thing.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

gametime wrote:
REDMEN95 wrote:You Can't Expect Anyone Outside The District To Apply If You Don't Put The Job Opening On The OHSAA Website!
Your saying no one knew the job was open , most coaches have jobs by may, and tell us redmen95 it went another week why didn't anyone apply then
WAS IT EVER POSTED ON THE OHSAA WEBSITE?????

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

redmanfan wrote:
It was posted there Redmen 95: Again, noone applied. BY THE WAY, YOU NEVER RESPINDED TO MY QUESTION: DID YOU PLAY?
NO I DIDN'T.....YOU MUST HAVE BLINDERS ON TO NOT SEE WHATS GOING ON WITH THE PROGRAM!!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

REDMEN95 wrote:
redmanfan wrote:
NO I DIDN'T.....YOU MUST HAVE BLINDERS ON TO NOT SEE WHATS GOING ON WITH THE PROGRAM!!
Time to move on and get behind the program

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

REDMANFAN, you have the gall to question my loyalty to the rock hill district because I took my kids to ironton. yet you have been on the rock hill staff for years, and you close out a comment by saying todd and bob are the problem. 2 people you have coached alongside for many, many years.now I'm not andy sipowitz but I'm betting you are no longer part of the staff, as you threw the main two under the rock hill bus.yet question my loyalty. you also said something to the affect I added fuel to the fire of this situation.--------------- the only fuel I threw on any situation at least rock hill football wise was winning with the same kids you all eventually got. this may have started a fire within the system and district by saying hey, I can get use to this winning stuff. you also obviously knew I did send todd a very nice message after he was fired. so todd either told you, or-------------------------------------------, well you know what I'm saying. if me sending todd a heartfelt message offends you. then I think people can kinda get an idea as to some of the underlying problems.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

a Christian man and friend sends the head football coach who just was fired a heartfelt message about how he can grow from this and may have a future elsewhere. well that is nothing shy of a gentleman I would think. I even apologized to him for saying there was a need for change in the past. but I did not understand it after making the playoffs. yet apparently you thought it was something laughable. wonder how many people outside the district done the same thing. there is nothing fake about that. and I don't feel any less genuine for doing it. even though it must have give ya'll a good laugh apparently.---------------------------------------- so I'm betting some people are starting to figure out that what ole bait was saying was true and honest, and heartfelt. I sent todd a message because I felt sorry that he was fired. and I'd been there. and I never grew up in rock hill like todd.and if as you stated that todd and bob are the problem, if in fact that's the case. then why did the district not fix the problem when they had a chance.------------yet the board was apparently pressured by the fans and the players by refusing to play if he wasn't re-hired. the district just needs to take along hard look at every facet of their operations. and oneby one start fixing things that are not working.next thing you know things are runnin like a sewin machine.and nobody has anybody to blame. but you were part of the staff for many, many years. if the problem was the players, then the staff was ineffective in changing the culture. and attitude of the kids. ------------ I'd rather have 15 kids who were invested in the program that give it there all, even if I lost every game as long as they were getting better and learning good fundamentals. because that's how you build a program, especially one that's been unsuccessful for any lenth of time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm not, nor have I ever pointed a finger at anybody in that system. I think by now you'd have figured out I want it to be a success. I frankly am puzzled as to what the problem is. but if you keep doing the same things wrong. whatever they are year after year after year. then have an opportunity to change things and you don't. then it belittles people from the rock hill staff to make fun of somebody sending the coach a personal message. or telling a person to stay off rock hill topics and to post only on ironton topics. that's not and never has been the reason for seops.and seldom ever do I ever cause conflict. in fact I try to do just the opposite. if I did not give a crap, then why would I expose myself by just merely posting what I thought were some underlying problems there.as far as I'm concerned I do not have to further comment on this topic unless you further try to belittle me by throwing accusations out for everybody to see. whether truthful or not. when I know the facts. ------------ good luck to ''the tribe'' this year.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

The schedule this will be harder since are not playing river valley and I wish could remember the name of the school that last year was the first year of football. And by the way no bye week this year so they just won't get bye week points. At the end of the year tell me bringing back Todd and Bob was a smart thing to do. No more comments from me until football season starts for the disaster on the hill.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wasn't it st. wendilin. and they had to cancel causing an open date.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

I don't think game day has a clue about RH

Return to “Football”