Waverly(27) @ (31)West

laser breath
Varsity

Re: WK 8 SOC 2: Waverly (5-2) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by laser breath »

Oak wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:41 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:40 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:44 pm I agree. He is an idiot. He knows his team is awful. Has probably never beat burg at anything. Has to get his rocks off on others achievements. Haha pathetic.
We beat Burg numerous times in numerous sports while I was in high school. Good try though.
Not possible. Burg is the Gold Standard of football. Teams should be greatful to survive the games let alone win. Burg Burg Burg.
Find another team comparable in the last 20 years. Burg fans are obnoxious. I’m one of them but your sarcasm doesn’t work when it’s a fact.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Agreed laser!!

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

Getting back to the subject.....it will be interesting to see how West handles a solid QB. I think West will win this game, but Waverly could cause problems.

But let's all face the facts. Nobody cares about who Burg or West plays until week 10. Hopefully West can live up to the height and at least compete with Burg for a few quarters. It would be nice to get a competitive SOC game for once.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

laser breath wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:50 pm

We beat Burg numerous times in numerous sports while I was in high school. Good try though.
Not possible. Burg is the Gold Standard of football. Teams should be greatful to survive the games let alone win. Burg Burg Burg.
Find another team comparable in the last 20 years. Burg fans are obnoxious. I’m one of them but your sarcasm doesn’t work when it’s a fact.
Marion Local. Coldwater. Bishop Hartley. Those teams deserve to brag because they've constantly won on the big stage. Go to Yappi or other sites and they are respectful fans. Wheelersburg has done nothing except flop on the big stage since 1989. Heck at least West made a state final. Wheelersburg can't consistently win the worst Region in D5. Then when they do they send a JV team to play Coldwater.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Oak wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:56 pm
laser breath wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Marion Local. Coldwater. Bishop Hartley. Those teams deserve to brag because they've constantly won on the big stage. Go to Yappi or other sites and they are respectful fans. Wheelersburg has done nothing except flop on the big stage since 1989. Heck at least West made a state final. Wheelersburg can't consistently win the worst Region in D5. Then when they do they send a JV team to play Coldwater.
And no one else around here even comes close to competing with the worst region in d5.. nice try there, blow hard. Burg is the only team around here that makes the playoffs and competes.. btw genius... coldwater isn't even d5 anymore.. also remember the jv team that burg sends to the "big state" as you call it. Stomped every team around.. what does that say about your schools program. No matter how you word it you just make yourself look like an idiot.. hahaha by all means though, please keep talking!!

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Neutron Man wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:57 am
After Watching Burg and Waverly, this game could get out of hand. Not scoring, but personal fouls. Waverly was VERY mouthy and chest pumping. While I know Burg does their share of this too at times, West has always been a team that not only doesn't take sh!t, but they feed it back and then some. Between the two teams if they both get into a Pissing contest, the refs might be VERY BUSY!

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read. If you don't think you guys chest thump and talk shi* more than any team in this area, you're completely oblivous. Look at your press box...The Burg is the Word...give me a break. You guys have a nice program and good team, but you have zero class. The days of Ed Miller and Larry Hall and a classy program are LONG GONE...your coach is a punk and so are your fans. You had kids throwing shoes up into our crowd and hit a little girl in the head. When our parents tried to confront the parent of the little Burg punks doing it, the dad wanted to fight instead of ripping his son's a**. Classy.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:47 pm Neutron Man wrote: ↑
After Watching Burg and Waverly, this game could get out of hand. Not scoring, but personal fouls. Waverly was VERY mouthy and chest pumping. While I know Burg does their share of this too at times, West has always been a team that not only doesn't take sh!t, but they feed it back and then some. Between the two teams if they both get into a Pissing contest, the refs might be VERY BUSY!

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read. If you don't think you guys chest thump and talk shi* more than any team in this area, you're completely oblivous. Look at your press box...The Burg is the Word...give me a break. You guys have a nice program and good team, but you have zero class. The days of Ed Miller and Larry Hall and a classy program are LONG GONE...your coach is a punk and so are your fans. You had kids throwing shoes up into our crowd and hit a little girl in the head. When our parents tried to confront the parent of the little Burg punks doing it, the dad wanted to fight instead of ripping his son's a**. Classy.
Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Stfu..

West should run with ease. Stopping waverlys offense will be the challenge.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm And no one else around here even comes close to competing with the worst region in d5.. nice try there, blow hard. Burg is the only team around here that makes the playoffs and competes.. btw genius... coldwater isn't even d5 anymore.. also remember the jv team that burg sends to the "big state" as you call it. Stomped every team around.. what does that say about your schools program. No matter how you word it you just make yourself look like an idiot.. hahaha by all means though, please keep talking!!
I thought name calling was against the rules of this site? :lol:

Sounds like I hit a nerve. Sometimes the truth hurts

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Oak wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:01 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm And no one else around here even comes close to competing with the worst region in d5.. nice try there, blow hard. Burg is the only team around here that makes the playoffs and competes.. btw genius... coldwater isn't even d5 anymore.. also remember the jv team that burg sends to the "big state" as you call it. Stomped every team around.. what does that say about your schools program. No matter how you word it you just make yourself look like an idiot.. hahaha by all means though, please keep talking!!
I thought name calling was against the rules of this site? :lol:

Sounds like I hit a nerve. Sometimes the truth hurts
I just call it like it is.. you know I'm right and now you have nothing.. craw back in bed and let mommy tuck you in..

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:47 pm

So many groupies! Jealousy is a sickness boys..
😂🤣😆😂🤣.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

If you're right how many State titles does the mighty burg have lately? Or State title appearances? Zero

Kinda like OSU. Run the score up on nobody's. Flop against a good defense.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Should I change the thread title to "Burg is the Alpha and Omega of HS Football" ?

I was hoping for a great discussion about a potentially close game between two good teams, Waverly and West. Silly me for wasting bandwidth that seems to be reserved for fans of Porter Township High School.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

You have no clue about what you’re saying.

1. Saying coach Woodward is a punk is one of the dumbest statements ever.
2. Ed millers wife came up with the burgs the word slogan in the eighties
3. How about give the shoe back to the kid and ask him politely not to play near the bleachers instead of holding the shoe so you can play “I’m a better parent” game. Guy should have had his butt kicked.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Omega wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:28 pm Should I change the thread title to "Burg is the Alpha and Omega of HS Football" ?

I was hoping for a great discussion about a potentially close game between two good teams, Waverly and West. Silly me for wasting bandwidth that seems to be reserved for fans of Porter Township High School.
Yeah well tell minford folks to stop typing burg. It might cut out all this stuff.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Oak wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:19 pm If you're right how many State titles does the mighty burg have lately? Or State title appearances? Zero

Kinda like OSU. Run the score up on nobody's. Flop against a good defense.
How about anyone else in SEO? Who was the last to win one? Are you holding Burg to a different standard? Sounds kind of ignorant to me.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Omega wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:28 pm Should I change the thread title to "Burg is the Alpha and Omega of HS Football" ?

Burg can only be the Alpha, you’re Omega.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:44 pm I agree. He is an idiot. He knows his team is awful. Has probably never beat burg at anything. Has to get his rocks off on others achievements. Haha pathetic.
how many times in football??????

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

laser breath wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:30 pm

3. How about give the shoe back to the kid and ask him politely not to play near the bleachers instead of holding the shoe so you can play “I’m a better parent” game. Guy should have had his butt kicked.
Why do Burg fans choose to sit in lawn chairs on the opposing teams side? I know they have done it for years, I have never understood this. It's just asking for trouble IMO...

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Why do Burg fans choose to sit in lawn chairs on the opposing teams side? I know they have done it for years, I have never understood this. It's just asking for trouble IMO...
Because the home stands aren't big enough.... it's nice to have a seat and be able to to see and breath. It's burgs stadium not our oppositions. I think burg should fill both sides of the stadium!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:40 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Because the home stands aren't big enough.... it's nice to have a seat and be able to to see and breath. It's burgs stadium not our oppositions. I think burg should fill both sides of the stadium!
Ignorant.

Return to “Football”